Buffon

markem

Fair play to Buffon who has now gone 926 minutes in the league without conceding, a new Serie A record.

He also is a guy who formed part of one of my happiest memories at any Football game when I was part of arguably the best atmosphere I can recall at Ibrox.  He looked genuinely stunned slumped against the post as the entire stadium was going berserk.  That image in my mind is symbolic of what happened to Parma that night. Taken apart.

110899-champions-league-3rd-qualifying-r

12 minutes ago, markem said:

Fair play to Buffon who has now gone 926 minutes in the league without conceding, a new Serie A record.

He also is a guy who formed part of one of my happiest memories at any Football game when I was part of arguably the best atmosphere I can recall at Ibrox.  He looked genuinely stunned slumped against the post as the entire stadium was going berserk.  That image in my mind is symbolic of what happened to Parma that night, taken apart.

110899-champions-league-3rd-qualifying-r

Remember this just as Reyna was running away celebrating, should have been even worse for him as we had another few good chances after that to go even further ahead, brilliant keeper though

13 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

I thought to myself when I seen your post that it was a night when we needed someone to reverse the form against them and no one would have expected big Tony to be that man, subsequently I looked for the craziest picture I could find of him because he was somewhat derided. On that night however he was a god amongst men.

Absolutely 

easily the best atmosphere I've been at ...

i remember being in the stand and saying to my dad after the vidmar goal " wow that was unreal , the loudest I've ever heard ibrox" ... Then Reyna scored and the place just went mental! Sends shivers up my spine thinking about it now .

11 minutes ago, Don't b a stranger ... said:

easily the best atmosphere I've been at ...

i remember being in the stand and saying to my dad after the vidmar goal " wow that was unreal , the loudest I've ever heard ibrox" ... Then Reyna scored and the place just went mental! Sends shivers up my spine thinking about it now .

Was in the (then) Govan stand and recall looking across, from the front of the enclosure to the back of the club deck was doing the bouncy, another vision from that night that will never leave me.

We've been lucky and had some wonderful players over the years, watching the bench celebrate at the end of the away leg then you remember we've had players like Dariusz Adamczuk who were less than wonderful

The atmosphere that night was amazing. I was in the front of the main stand just to the left of the halfway line. I had a great view of Vidmars goal and can still remember how mental the place went. Even on the subway after the game was brilliant, so many happy bears.

The only other atmosphere that comes close to that night was when we played Leeds United, right up until Gary McAllister scored a belter in the first few minutes, that took the wind out of our sails for a bit.

Always loved him as a keeper, that was a special moment and summed up what we were doing at that point, beating one of the best teams in Europe.

Some of the names in that side, the big yin has one of those presences and I wasn't sure whether we would get anything past him.

He has actually referred to that night a few times, regarding the atmosphere, lovely big fella.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

The atmosphere that night was amazing. I was in the front of the main stand just to the left of the halfway line. I had a great view of Vidmars goal and can still remember how mental the place went. Even on the subway after the game was brilliant, so many happy bears.

The only other atmosphere that comes close to that night was when we played Leeds United, right up until Gary McAllister scored a belter in the first few minutes, that took the wind out of our sails for a bit.

The atmosphere against Dynamo Kiev in 1987 wisnae bad either.... Was in the Copland jumping around like an eejit the whole night.  I remember Souness hitting a back pass to Woods from the edge of Kiev's penalty box around 85 minutes, their striker anticipated it as it dropped out the air...he only just missed it as the ball bounced into Chris Woods hands. The place erupted like it was another goal.  Happy days...... :-)