Robert Marshall / Club 1872

After careful thought and discussions with my family and a few of my trusted friends I have decided to put my name forward for the Club 1872 board.

I believe I am strong enough to keep the ego.s in line and do what is best for the fans. I have resisted offers of proposals for fans group 's before but having so many people sending me messages of support, I have decided to stand at the forth coming elections. 

If elected I will always make my self available anytime someone needs help or advice.

I hope all the doubters on RM will send me their ideas and I will make an election pledge based on what the fans want.

Thanks

Robert Marshall

The Louden Tavern

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

The tavernier thread is a better April fools joke tbh.

Today is my Birthday, God had a sense of humour,. I thought you would be pleased, one less of the people you hate on it , if I get voted on

We will see how many of RM have the ideas now

RM

4 minutes ago, The Louden Tavern said:

No but I will get my photo took with your kid 

RM

Does he get a free pint?   Actually there are enough passionate RM supporters across a broad spectrum who will no doubt have some excellent ideas, only have to weed out the dross.   

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Does he get a free pint?   Actually there are enough passionate RM supporters across a broad spectrum who will no doubt have some excellent ideas, only have to weed out the dross.   

I'm quite happy to have a couple of open meetings at The Louden or email or whatever, we have about 3/6 months to get this right

RM

1 hour ago, The Louden Tavern said:

After careful thought and discussions with my family and a few of my trusted friends I have decided to put my name forward for the Club 1872 board.

I believe I am strong enough to keep the ego.s in line and do what is best for the fans. I have resisted offers of proposals for fans group 's before but having so many people sending me messages of support, I have decided to stand at the forth coming elections. 

If elected I will always make my self available anytime someone needs help or advice.

I hope all the doubters on RM will send me their ideas and I will make an election pledge based on what the fans want.

Thanks

Robert Marshall

The Louden Tavern

So RM is looking to RM for ideas?

I was wondering 'Who the fuck is Robert Marshall?' then it hit me full on my head, what a fool I am?

Maybe you should, in all seriousness, be looking to be elected onto the new Club 1872 Board.

You're often the voice of reason, when the shit hits the fan in the B&F section.

Nobody should have any doubts as to where your loyalty lies.

You'd get my vote, & I'm not even after a free drink in your pub.

I'm sure that there will be a lot less qualified than yourself, that will be put up for election.

To the OP , good luck. 

I've kinda lost interest in ' fans politics ' over the last few years but I do feel that one united group is the best way forward . And well done for coming on here looking to see what fans really want . 

Meh

Nothing against you Robert. You could be great for the role but like above fan politics and fan groups are way too much of a bust baw for me.

Who knows you might be the one exception and so might your group. Will soon see but I'm not holding my breath.

id vote for anyone who was upfront and transparent about any monies, gifts, tickets, freebies or any other inducement they receive and that they also promise not to solely profit off other rangers fans.

Afraid that obviously excludes you OP.

Forgive me for expecting superfans to have not one iota of a conflict of interest.

Good luck to you (tu) but I never get involved in fans groups etc so wont have a vote. Don’t really know much about you or your politics Club-wise but obviously I know you’re a big Rangers fan and have a lot of ways to hear other Bears opinions thru your pub etc.

Personally I can see Club1872 just turning into another cluster fuck like every other group has, but still, all the best.

6 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

So RM is looking to RM for ideas?

I was wondering 'Who the fuck is Robert Marshall?' then it hit me full on my head, what a fool I am?

Maybe you should, in all seriousness, be looking to be elected onto the new Club 1872 Board.

You're often the voice of reason, when the shit hits the fan in the B&F section.

Nobody should have any doubts as to where your loyalty lies.

You'd get my vote, & I'm not even after a free drink in your pub.

I'm sure that there will be a lot less qualified than yourself, that will be put up for election.

I have plenty of ideas of my own, I'm wanting to know the ideas of people who feel left out of this process

RM

2 hours ago, thehost said:

id vote for anyone who was upfront and transparent about any monies, gifts, tickets, freebies or any other inducement they receive and that they also promise not to solely profit off other rangers fans.

Afraid that obviously excludes you OP.

Forgive me for expecting superfans to have not one iota of a conflict of interest.

Can you tell me what monies,gifts,ickets,freebies or any other inducements I have had for noting. Yet another example of the lies about me on here

RM

11 minutes ago, The Louden Tavern said:

Can you tell me what monies,gifts,ickets,freebies or any other inducements I have had for noting. Yet another example of the lies about me on here

RM

Have you difficulty with comprehension?

Maybe you should concentrate on the prose you edited out and maybe then draw a more reasoned conclusion as to why you, too, would have to be excluded.

47 minutes ago, The Louden Tavern said:

I have plenty of ideas of my own, I'm wanting to know the ideas of people who feel left out of this process

RM

Robert just one question, in light of the various views including my own, If you were elected, How would you truly unify all fans/groups that are currently involved and currently excluded to make Club 1872 a success and truly Unite Supporters group that voice the opinions of all supporters of Rangers?

I notice in the proposal that this group will be independent. Therefore no current or former directors of the club should be eligible to stand for the board or be given any position in the new group at anytime.

Any person who has a role within the club should also be excluded from holding any position until they relinquish the role.

No funds for projects until a 10% shareholding is achieved.

Anyone that puts themselves forward deserves some respect however I have a low expectation that following this latest venture for the fan groups, self interest and promotion will kick in. 

I'd like it if the fans groups emulated the new board in that you rarely see or hear them but you know they are working behind the scenes for the betterment of the club. 

I fully expect however cosy TV/ Radio appearances and the sleekit media to be given exclusives. 

56 minutes ago, thehost said:

Have you difficulty with comprehension?

Maybe you should concentrate on the prose you edited out and maybe then draw a more reasoned conclusion as to why you, too, would have to be excluded.

Yet another accuser who refueses to back up his claime. You have hinted that I get some sort of freebies can you tell me what they are or withdraw your remark

RM

37 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

Robert just one question, in light of the various views including my own, If you were elected, How would you truly unify all fans/groups that are currently involved and currently excluded to make Club 1872 a success and truly Unite Supporters group that voice the opinions of all supporters of Rangers?

Before the election  I would invite them all to a meeting, or meet the groups individually  to ask and then try to address their opposition to certain  concerns that they have, then after that,take it as it comes

RM