Robert Marshall / Club 1872

5 minutes ago, DexterMorgan said:

I agree about the segregation issues that's why I believe we should get more for the piggery. Though I do partially share your sentiment - i'll never set foot in the place again but want the Bears who will to have more of a chance of a ticket. And a bigger fan presence would benefit the team.

We can't get more though, the other side of the segregation is all ST holders.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, The Louden Tavern said:

Fair comment but I would be so much better than some that give lip service to the fans then not bother even get back to them

, I'm actually a lovely person in real life

RM

Fair play,  good luck to you.  

5 minutes ago, DexterMorgan said:

Unless they have 52000 season ticket holders then they can be moved. We have st holders in Broomie who get moved for them.

They will have close to that next season, we get what we get ( the same as them ) nothing will change that no matter how many you want.

Just now, cumnockbear said:

They will have close to that next season, we get what we get ( the same as them ) nothing will change that no matter how many you want.

Not really about want - more about parity. We should get the same percentage for the piggery as they get for Ibrox. I dont think they'll have 52000 st holders anytime to be honest. The Board should fight for the fans on this one. The Broomie could be segregated if we choose to cut their allocation. Been done for other teams, as long as no fans are above opposition fans. The Rangers support could continue around from the Govan to take up front and rear couple of sections in the Broomie and segregate from there. There are far better minds that my own out there that could come up with a solution.

1 minute ago, DexterMorgan said:

Not really about want - more about parity. We should get the same percentage for the piggery as they get for Ibrox. I dont think they'll have 52000 st holders anytime to be honest. The Board should fight for the fans on this one. The Broomie could be segregated if we choose to cut their allocation. Been done for other teams, as long as no fans are above opposition fans. The Rangers support could continue around from the Govan to take up front and rear couple of sections in the Broomie and segregate from there. There are far better minds that my own out there that could come up with a solution.

Mate, how should we get the same percentage as them ? their stadium holds 10k extra, we both get 8,000 that's the most we're/they're ever going to get at Ibrox or their shite hole, we've been getting 8,000 since their stadium got done up in 1997/98, you're complain about us wanting more tickets then you want to see their allocation cut which will result in ours being cut also, which one is it ? can't have it  both ways.

Just now, cumnockbear said:

Mate, how should we get the same percentage as them ? their stadium holds 10k extra, we both get 8,000 that's the most we're/they're ever going to get at Ibrox or their shite hole, we've been getting 8,000 since their stadium got done up in 1997/98, you're complain about us wanting more tickets then you want to see their allocation cut which will result in ours being cut also, which one is it ? can't have it  both ways.

Whichever one means we get the same percentage as them. You point out that they have 10k more capacity so we should receive more for their larger capacity than they receive for ours. 

My preference would be more tickets for the Bears willing to attend the piggery than to cut their allocation but if percentage is not increased to an equal amount then I believe we should cut theirs accordingly. Just looking fairness for our support. 

2 minutes ago, DexterMorgan said:

Whichever one means we get the same percentage as them. You point out that they have 10k more capacity so we should receive more for their larger capacity than they receive for ours. 

My preference would be more tickets for the Bears willing to attend the piggery than to cut their allocation but if percentage is not increased to an equal amount then I believe we should cut theirs accordingly. Just looking fairness for our support. 

Fuck sake mate we get allocated the same as them, it's not about percentages, it doesn't work like that.

If folk want to get involved and lead fans groups etc then that's up to them, personally it's just not for me, too much politics, Ego's kick in, and the bad side of human nature always comes to the fore. I can handle that through work etc, but i wouldn't want my love for my football club or fellow fan diminished by getting involved in such things. I do though appreciate those who put themselves forward for such things, but as I said it just ain't for me.

10 hours ago, DexterMorgan said:

If elected will you promise to raise the issue of unfair OF ticket allocation? They get circa 8500 from a 50000 capacity but we only get circa 6500 from a 60000 capacity when we go to the midden.

A promise to raise this robustly will get my vote.

Good luck. 

We shouldn't be taking any for that shit hole

3 hours ago, cumnockbear said:

Fuck sake mate we get allocated the same as them, it's not about percentages, it doesn't work like that.

For many years when Ibrox was much bigger than the piggery, we gave them an end, and they gave us an end - so they got more tickets than we got. When Ibrox was redeveloped, we still gave them an end, i.e. the whole of the  Broomloan. When they finally redeveloped their midden, did they give us an end? No, they kept half of what was traditionally our end for themselves, and stuck us in a corner. 

4 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If folk want to get involved and lead fans groups etc then that's up to them, personally it's just not for me, too much politics, Ego's kick in, and the bad side of human nature always comes to the fore. I can handle that through work etc, but i wouldn't want my love for my football club or fellow fan diminished by getting involved in such things. I do though appreciate those who put themselves forward for such things, but as I said it just ain't for me.

True, I hope Robert Marshall is true to his word, and I do believe he will be, good luck Robert.

Robert and I have had our differences over the past week or two but I believe he would be a good addition to the board. Yes he has made money from his Rangers association with his pubs but that just proves he is a good businessman which is something the board will need and I'm glad he provides a place for the fans to gather which has a proud association with the club instead of the politically correct yes voting trendy places. You can also tell a lot about a man by his children and Greg always comes across as a genuine respectful young man.

I deal with a lot of older successful businessmen around Glasgow and they are all gruff straight talking bastards but underneath they are all decent men who wouldn't do you a bad turn and I suspect Robert is one of them and an obvious good Bear who might ruffle a few feathers if he is on the board of Club 1872 but I'm sure that he would always put the club first.

9 hours ago, NamibianBear said:

No he doesn't, read the post again and this time, include the last bit of the sentence instead of selective reading ("and that they also promise not to solely profit off other rangers fans.")

You are hardly sticking up for fans by fighting with everyone on here now

Do you mean taking a midden like the old stadium bar and turning into The quintessential Rangers supporters pub? The Louden Tavern. 

If you are serious you should have a good talk to yourself. There are thousands of Rangers Supporters would disagree with you and on a business prospective, they are the ones that are important to me. Our family have invested a lot of money into this

. Are you saying a non Rangers supporter would be more preferable to you?

RM

10 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Hmmm! Possibly ......... and again if this isn't a windup ....... Would you/could you in all honesty, be able to give your undivided attention to Club 1872 members, run your business and be gainfully employed with the Ed House Project without one or two of the three enterprises suffering due to a lack of time and attention?

:7325:

Yes I'm a workaholic I take it you still don't know why EH CIC was formed for and you are still fishing?

9 hours ago, ronniescu said:

You certainly are Rab. Well, the whole Miller family think so anyway.

Like you, I have no idea what some of your detractors are getting at. And when you ask them to be more

specific, they just repeat the same incomprehensible crap, then accuse you of losing your rag in response. Under the circumstances,

I honestly think you show admirable restraint. Aye.

You are cheating as you have known me most of my life

RM

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

For many years when Ibrox was much bigger than the piggery, we gave them an end, and they gave us an end - so they got more tickets than we got. When Ibrox was redeveloped, we still gave them an end, i.e. the whole of the  Broomloan. When they finally redeveloped their midden, did they give us an end? No, they kept half of what was traditionally our end for themselves, and stuck us in a corner. 

We both get the same allocation mate, what's the big deal ? this ain't the early 90's no more when we used to take 15k to the piggery when it was terracing, do you expect they would still be willing to give us the same present day when they can have an advantage of more home fans ?