First real criticism of Warburton

Jakes Pal

Going through some of the posts after today's result, I am detecting a definite sense of frustration with some of Mr Warburtons selection and substitution decisions.

Perhaps our expectations have been raised with the prospect of facing the filth shortly.

The Magic Hat has had nothing but adulation from us so far, and rightfully so, but he is about to find out what it truly means to be a Rangers manager over the next few weeks.

Promotion, Petrorac win and beating them will be a success, anything other will be considered unacceptable by some, although not by me.

Promotion has been secured, anything else is a bonus.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Going through some of the posts after today's result, I am detecting a definite sense of frustration with some of Mr Warburtons selection and substitution decisions.

Perhaps our expectations have been raised with the prospect of facing the filth shortly.

The Magic Hat has had nothing but adulation from us so far, and rightfully so, but he is about to find out what it truly means to be a Rangers manager over the next few weeks.

Promotion, Petrorac win and beating them will be a success, anything other will be considered unacceptable by some, although not by me.

How about some criticism of you - far, far too much green in that pic.

8 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

So why you posting this shite then?

No way you dickhead, I watched today's game and regardless of result enjoyed another great performance where we played brilliant passing football, had the majority of possession and are still settting a new footballing standard for Scottish football. 

9 months in to Mr Warburton's revolution of Scottish football and it will only get better. 

From zeroes to heroes in 9 months. 

Can't wait for next season, onwards and upwards. 

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

His job was to get us back to the SPFL, hopefully he completes the job on Tuesday.

He'll get criticism next season if he doesn't sort out or replace this seasons duds.

Given he has replaced 95 % of our duds already, I don't expect the 5 % we get in the next close season will be a problem (tu)

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

Yes he Isnt above being  ripped but he IS well on course to reach goal, for anyone to think we wouldnt either have a bad few games and continue to hump teams by 4 goals every game need a reality check. He will be very aware of whats needed next season and whats required to finish off this season. IF you were told IN August his team would win the league 3arly April you would say thats a bit early as there were many games left. 

MW and DW should be praised for steading a rocky boat not be given shit for tiny setbacks.

I love MW and can't be more delighted to have him. Our team is a joy to watch the vast majority of the time. Of course we will have bad days, but today and other games recently have been a shambles defensively. I've always said, however, that I'm not a fan of the "Do plan A better" philosophy. It's basically saying we are a one trick pony and when we get sussed out, we don't have any other options. If you only had a knife, would you take it to a gun fight? 

I think it's the players that are becoming nervous, not therefore it's not MW that deserves criticism. Maybe they're not quiet understanding the mind games he goes through when he tells them they're a good bunch of players and anything else that is said on the training ground and during analysis sessions.

The subs are generally fine. We have one or two issues at the back that need sorted. It's as simple as that. Most other things are going well.

Cant blame Warburton for that today. Also a lot of players have never been in this position before and will stand them well for the future. The pressue of crossing line will be good for next season. 

I think it's more concern than anything else, I'm pretty sure we all share his ideas on how the game should be played, but a couple of things we have to remember, one being he is relatively new to management and mistakes will be made, it's how he learns from his mistakes will tell if he will become the top manager most of us believe he will be or not.

Secondly he is still in charge of a relatively weak squad where his substitutes really invariably make no difference in how we play, in fact I'd say that they normally have a negative effect on performance, pre season signings are going to be crucial and he'll be expected to get that right.

I think the upcoming semi has distracted the club no matter what denials may come from the management, it surely is no coincidence that our form has slipped since the cup draw, but this is where  managers are expected to get it sorted out and this is where MW first real challenge as the manager of The Rangers comes into play, only time will tell how he comes through.

2 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I would like to point out again that I am not on Mark Warburtons case, I am only commenting on the fact that there has been some concerns raised by some on this forum.

Fair enough. Apologise to MW and we'll forget all about it.

2 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I would like to point out again that I am not on Mark Warburtons case, I am only commenting on the fact that there has been some concerns raised by some on this forum.

M8 wee  it of advice, let the dug write you emails :D  you have not yet elucidated, what is your criticism of MW?