First real criticism of Warburton

Jakes Pal

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of fans have the semi-final in their head and take recent defensive performances to be the way it will pan out in a couple of weeks. It might, but it's no stick on, and we are good enough on our day to stuff the tims, especially in a one off game. Which we will, of course. :)

And back on topic (if there is one) I'm not one for criticising managers who achieve their overall objective with a bit of style, despite the odd let down.

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

Anything other than promotion is a bonus considering where we were this time last year. 

not a chance, outspending everyone else in that cup by a considerable amount, scudding our closest rivals out it in the first round, nah this trophy was expected, like it was under ally the previous 3 years

its not like we used it to field an u21 side or anything, we took it seriously so therefore we should win it

Fuck sake!!! It's amazing he's made this much progress this soon. The Championship in the bag, Diddy Cup final, and a Scottish Cup Semi all with a brand new squad that cost about a total of 600k? and a new style of football to be bedded in. 

Rather this than the shite that Ally bought, played and spouted. 

Just now, SuperPapac05 said:

Fuck sake!!! It's amazing he's made this much progress this soon. The Championship in the bag, Diddy Cup final, and a Scottish Cup Semi all with a brand new squad that cost about a total of 600k? and a new style of football to be bedded in. 

Rather this than the shite that Ally bought, played and spouted. 

I think some of us myself included from time to time get ahead of ourselves and forget that this is a work in progress and is going to be a work in progress for at least the next few years before we can sit back and say that in terms of Scottish football this as about as good as we can get.

No matter what happens now it's been the best season we have had in years and we need to be aware that next season may not be so spectacular but if it isn't I wont be too downcast because I will know that the best is yet to come.  It took Alex Ferguson 5 years at Manchester United to construct a team he deemed to be the finished article and we wont be doing it in 1 year or even 2 either. 

Oh FFS

The guy has done superbly well dragging us up from the dross served up under McCoist to be a fantastic footballing side we all want to watch but it is utterly ridiculous to say he cannot be criticised at all.

His insistence on making multiple substitutions every game even though we are controlling things is worthy of crticism even if just because he risks leaving us with 10 men for a third of the game if we get an injury. Maybe so far it has not happened but it surely will at one point

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Criticism is fine as long as it's constructive.

my worry is that we've only took 4/15 points away from home against other teams in top 4.

when put under pressure we seem to fold..

Bad players go to pieces under pressure, but look ok when playing the fodder.

15 minutes ago, bornabear said:

There are a lot of villages missing their idiots tonight, they're on other threads too.

Well it takes one to know one, you seem to know plenty, Warburton is making an easy job extremely difficult and has been doing so week after week all season, he is lucky to playing in a shite league and still can't master it even after embarrassment after embarrassment. How many lessons does he need to learn before the penny drops. IMHO he won't, and most certainly will have to make do with maybe the double. I had to laugh today at Hugh Burns on RTV at the twenty five minute mark, saying how we were dominating the game and did not have a single shot on goal!!!. Warburton has shown himself to be a one dimension manager with a group of ordinary players.

38 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Warburton has shown himself to be a one dimension manager with a group of ordinary players.

So what do you suggest?  He puts on the magic hat and somehow conjures up better players?  If they're so ordinary then his accomplishments this season are all the more impressive.

This is a man who took a provincial club to within touching distance of the EPL in a league that's the 7th richest in all of Europe and is far from shite and you think that means he is less able than perhaps you with your vast experience would be?

I think I will stick with his judgement.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

So what do you suggest?  He puts on the magic hat and somehow conjures up better players?  If they're so ordinary then his accomplishments this season are all the more impressive.

This is a man who took a provincial club to within touching distance of the EPL in a league that's the 7th richest in all of Europe and is far from shite and you think that means he is less able than perhaps you with your vast experience would be?

I think I will stick with his judgement.

He wants to act like a real manager instead of acting like a manager.

1 hour ago, danger ranger said:

Well it takes one to know one, you seem to know plenty, Warburton is making an easy job extremely difficult and has been doing so week after week all season, he is lucky to playing in a shite league and still can't master it even after embarrassment after embarrassment. How many lessons does he need to learn before the penny drops. IMHO he won't, and most certainly will have to make do with maybe the double. I had to laugh today at Hugh Burns on RTV at the twenty five minute mark, saying how we were dominating the game and did not have a single shot on goal!!!. Warburton has shown himself to be a one dimension manager with a group of ordinary players.

What a steaming pile o shite. Warburton has dragged this club through the dark ages of arse ball, punts to Daly, Jig elbows and unprofessional weasel fucknuggets like Ian bet againt the Gers but dont get sacked Black to look like a proper football team built on technique...all on a spend of about 1m for the full squad.  

Our football is great to watch, we have assets like MacKay and Waggy that we could sell and recoup all of our transfer spending and Ibrox is near full every game. We will win the league miles early and if we invest wisely we have a real shot next season. 

I was disappointed today as many were. Our defending can be crap at times but the promise is always there in the manner we play and we have produced some beautiful stuff. I can see what we are trying to do and I can take the odd let down along the way because if we keep building on this we are building a strategy and legacy that will last long after Warbs is gone. It's night and fucking day.

Lighten up mate. We could have had any number of managers win us this league but the job Warburton has done at all levels of the club, instilling values and direction where before we were ruder less is remarkable. Not many would have given the attention and care that we needed at all levels of our club and thank fuck we got Warburton who understood immediately where we had been neglected

I can't wait until Tuesday to see the manager and the players get praise they so much deserve when we wrap this league up.