Great One Man Performances That Turned A Game.

On 3 April 2016 at 0:09 PM, JamieD said:

I seem to recall Carragher making three or four crucial blocks/clearances/tackles in extra time too. If Gerrard's performance was a great one, despite his woeful first half, then so was Carragher's, Hamann's and Dudek's. Very far from a one man performance.

Cunt could hardly walk with cramp as well.

Rivaldo hat trick for barca against valencia 

Final game of the season, barca behind valencia in the league needing to beat them at the nou camp to get 4th and the cl place, and if memory serves me right, his third with the score at 2-2 was a fucking overhead kick

Or for ultimate football fairytale stories, Carlisle facing relegation to the conference, last minute of the last game of the season needing a goal to stay up, they win a corner, up comes their on loan keeper jimmy glass, rebound falls to him, rattles it into the net, cue the most exciting pitch invasion ever

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 6:24 PM, Domthenbud said:

1966 World Cup. Portugal v North Korea. NK 3-0 up when Eusebio took over. Scored 4 goals and helped Portugal win 5-3. It was a long time ago but I remember it so well.

Im surprised you still remember your name if you were around then.:D

23 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Andy Carroll vs Arsenal today? Even more impressive that he then needs to head straight off to Aintree for The National. What a turnaround that would be. Hat Trick hero and Grand National winner all in the same day......

lucky to stay on the park in the 2nd half for the elbow on gabriel, stonewall yellow card offence and he was already booked

How Kris Boyd versus Dundee United in the 2008 League Cup final hasn't been mentioned, I'll never know.

We were one-nil down and with half-an-hour to go, Smith throws on Boydy. With five minutes of normal time remaining, the big man equalises after a Mark Kerr (Big Tim) fuck-up. In extra-time, de Vries does Broadfoot and puts them ahead again, but Scotland's record goalscorer isn't finished; a 113th minute equaliser at the back post before, in the penalty shoot-out, 100% written in the stars, he scores the winning penalty.

What happened last season was disappointing and it was sad to see Boyd as ineffective as he was, but absolutely nothing will tarnish my memories of the big man during that glorious period when Walter returned.

When I seen that he had scored twice for Killie on Saturday, I had a wee smile to myself.

21 hours ago, Iguana said:

Roy Keane champions League semi against Juve in '99. 

2-0 down in first 15mins, booked and missing the final, up against Davids and Zidane, he still dragged his team into the final. 

Lesser players than Keane dominated the EPO brothers in Europe in the late 90s to be fair. Bottlers.

No talk of a one man display that won a match against the odds should ever be missing this one.  FA cup semi final replay, game tied at 1-1, second half of extra time, his team down to 10 men and saved a penalty to stay in it before this happens.

Can't remember the exact year, think it must have been 91 or 92 or who the opposition was, but we went 2-0 down very early on and were looking like a bag of shit.  I quickly grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck, scored 5, including one direct from a corner, and set up 3 more to run out eventual winners 8-2.  Best game of my primary school career.

On 4/3/2016 at 5:12 PM, ZZed said:

Maradona 1986 world cup - every game

Liked this post for the videos... But no way was that Argentina side simply a one-man-team. Sure, they had the best player ever in their ranks but they also had Valdano, Burruchaga, Ruggeri and Batista to name just four off the top of my head.

37 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Liked this post for the videos... But no way was that Argentina side simply a one-man-team. Sure, they had the best player ever in their ranks but they also had Valdano, Burruchaga, Ruggeri and Batista to name just four off the top of my head.

or Brooshagger, as he was often referred to.