Our Midfield and Forwards Next Year

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

McKay Waghorn Forrester

Windass Rossiter Holt

Wallace New CB Kiernan Tavernier

New GK

Think this will be our team next season, with Crooks, another new FB and another new striker on the bench

Not far away from team but I'm pretty sure crooks will play in midfield. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

What has Kiernan done to deserve to start next season?

Think we'll sign one CB, not two. Close between him and Wilson but chose him.

Might need to add Barton in that team now though!

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm hoping we sign two mate, one who's comfortable at RB/LB preferably. Haha, true. Who drops out though. :ohmy:

That's probably ideal, not sure though.

Will be Holt or Windass. Can't judge now though, don't know if Windass is fancied for striker or in the midfield 3, and can't judge if he's better than Holt yet. But a midfield of lets say Rossiter, Barton and Holt sounds incredible for next season 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The way things are going the team will be unrecognisable from this season. 

I think it was always going to be the way. With the loans, the lack of depth, the age of certain players, and the step-up in league we were obviously needing a major rebuild imo.

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Wasn't the hibs and alloa games in a won league ? 

The former being 2 days after the Old Firm? 

Andy made mistakes that led directly to goals.  Those individual mistakes cost us and we failed to win either match.  He'll get away with it because he's the big Rangers fan but if that was Zelalem or Law you can imagine the slating they'd get. 

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Andy made mistakes that led directly to goals.  Those individual mistakes cost us and we failed to win either match.  He'll get away with it because he's the big Rangers fan but if that was Zelalem or Law you can imagine the slating they'd get. 

I'm surprised people are saying andy and not kiernan

He got it rough despite it being andy passing poor balls to him

First time was more Rob's fault ( jobs) just switched off

Think we'll see much more fluidity next season in terms of line ups. We really didn't have a great deal of depth this year, but next year I think we'll have a situation where everyone on the bench is easily good enough to be starting, and thus we'll have a lot more rotation. The players are definitely going to be kept on their toes!

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I was only expecting a few tweaks :lol:

It is a better league with better players, a higher level and more advanced tactics and we will need to do it more consistently. It will take more out the players so we need better players and more players. 

Threads like this amaze me because of the amount of people that football is still played with a standard automatic starting 11. Mark Warburton will look to every player in the squad as a potential automatic choice. Every player will play a part next season.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

9/11 of this season's squad were guaranteed to start every match when fit.

I believe that, but that might have been because not every player in our squad would be classed as a Warburton player. Next season could be very different.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

9 players of this season's squad were guaranteed to start every match when fit.

Yes this season, but next season is a totally new one, with some players leaving and new players joining, every player will need to earn the right to start.

Should be an interesting and enjoyable season coming up  though as we definitely seem to be adding even more quality.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Possibly, however I would be surprised if it wasn't similar next season, albeit more rotation in the cup matches. Would expect the back 5 to be consistent all season and McKay and Waghorn to start nearly every game. That's seven players already, if Barton signs he will surely start nearly every game? 

All of that is true, but the problem with McKay was getting a consistent run of form from him; so it was up to him if he played regularly. I would think Barton will play often if he is consistent. However, if we win the Cup next week then it will put a slant on the use of a full squad next season with the possibility of European football into the season. I can imagine a rotation in certain areas; which happened with our forwards at certain points, even this season.

Sell/Release--

Cammy Bell

Dominic Ball

Gedion Zelalem

Nicky Law

Robbie Crawford

Dean Shiels

Billy King

David Templeton

Nicky Clark

Send out on loan--Till Christmas and then re evaluate bringing them back to the First Team or sending them on loan to another better club.

Liam Kelly

Robby McCrorie

Ross McCrorie

Jordan Thompson

Andy Murdoch

Liam Burt

Tom Walsh

Ryan Hardie

That leaves us with

GK--

Wes Foderingham

FB--

James Tavernier, Lee Wallace, Fraser Aird, (Halliday can cover LB)

CB--

Rob Keirnan, Danny Wilson (Crooks can cover)

CM--

Jason Holt, Andy Halliday, Matt Crooks, Josh WIndass, Joey Barton, Jordan Rossiter

AM--

Barrie McKay, Harry Forrester, Michael O'Hallaron (Halliday & Windass can cover)

ST--

Martyn Waghorn, Kenny Miller

We need

-A GK

-A Fullback

-A CB, maybe even 2 (hopefully one being Dom Ball on loan again)

-A Winger

-A Striker

All signings we make should be able to come into the side and not weaken us the way playing the likes of Shiels, Law & Clark did this season.

I've seen "the man who looks like an ugly lesbian" (Cummings) get mentioned as a signing: please tell me that's no true! I know this is spiteful but one of the best things for me about Hivs not getting promoted was the thought of him and Fyvie being stuck in the Championship. I just wouldn't be able to take to him at all.

36 minutes ago, BigDak said:

I've seen "the man who looks like an ugly lesbian" (Cummings) get mentioned as a signing: please tell me that's no true! I know this is spiteful but one of the best things for me about Hivs not getting promoted was the thought of him and Fyvie being stuck in the Championship. I just wouldn't be able to take to him at all.

Lot of people on the transfer forum saying it's already done

29 minutes ago, Red White & Blue said:

Lot of people on the transfer forum saying it's already done

Great! I hope this is like the other "done deals" over the years that never turn into anything.