Management

black75

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, black75 said:

Defence should have sorted in the last window, to be four games in too a new season and still have those imposters at the back is a joke. 

They have been looking to bring in central defenders during the summer and possibly at the last window.

We don't know if deals fell through or targets went elsewhere but we do know they are attempting to bring defenders in.

Getting quality defenders is easier said than done when we can't compete with English clubs in terms of transfer fees and wages, but I share your frustration and can only hope we can bring in a couple of decent defenders sooner rather than later.

Just now, BF2 said:

We're 4 games in. Give him a chance to change and give the new players time to gel. The international break is the perfect opportunity to try new things. If we're still saying the same things in 2/3 months time then we should start to have serious doubts.

I agree he prob deserves the chance to implement a new system then, but if he keeps with 4-3-3 in next 4 games to similar performance levels then he has to go. 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I agree he prob deserves the chance to implement a new system then, but if he keeps with 4-3-3 in next 4 games to similar performance levels then he has to go. 

I am dreading the next few games already, he won't change the system sadly. 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

The difference he made to Rangers from the offset has been immense. Granted the teams performances hasn't been great but he deserves his chance to show how far he can take his team in this league. You can't deny that in all of the games they have been far the better team, just haven't capitalised enough. 

He got a lot of praise and quite rightly so but it's also right that he recieves criticism for the continued failure to resolve long term problems. 

Warburton needs to get a grip tbh. We aren't in the championship anymore. The wake up call should have been the Hamilton game where it was clear that the more direct we go, the better we play. This getting the ball out wide then playing it back, then wide, then back again is just fucking nonsense. The fact he's too stubborn to change his style of play because it's his style only is sheer arrogance and it will be his downfall. Hopefully he gets his act together before the 10th or there'll be no coming back for him, no matter what he's done for us in the past. 

MW has an excuse in that the guys who are likely to create a blend in the middle of the park such Holt, Windass, even Crooks are currently unavailable.  Once they are fit, he really needs to change the midfield and find his best combination quick style.

Unfortunately, what cannot be excused is the continued failure to address the defence and loss of easy goals.  You can get away with that for so long but, continually losing cheap goals and having to chase the game, has a dehabilitating effect on the confidence of the team.  You can already see this come into our play this season, the players are just not as confident and dynamic as they were last year.

He will have to sort it out quickly either by changing his formation or getting defenders in that can fit into his current setup.  It really is time for DW to step up and earn his corn and help the manager by giving him some home truths on this matter.  For his own part, MW needs to be a bit more pragmatic on how the team lines up.

If if they don't sort out the loss of cheap goals, the teams confidence will ebb away and we will be on a downward spiral.  He only needs to look at Advocaat and PLG to see how short a tenure Rangers managers have if we are not solid defensively.

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I wouldn't sack him now no, but I'd be having boardroom level chat to say if your hanging your hat on playing 4-3-3 when it's clear it's now flawed then your on a shaky peg. 

Say we lose old firm game and Aberdeen game, we could be ten points behind be October. Then he has to go. 

If you think King is going to sack him given the cost it would take to sack him and bring in another manager then you maybe disappointed even in the scenario you give.

37 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

The management team has to go now, too many failures in dealing with the problems of last season, namely the defence and also a puff powder attack, playing two DM and losing out a AM, can't get the balls into the strikers and also strikers everywhere bar where they should be, welcome to the footballing world as Warburton sees it and it will see him off sooner than later.

All this pish of about trusting warbs, the mans been found out and the big fanny beside him.

So whats the plan then?

The 2 Jimmy's are available. What would you be happy with as a new manager?

2 minutes ago, Ger77 said:

When everything is going well he's the greatest, when its not you want rid.  Ffs.

Here's a novel idea, show a bit of fucking loyalty. 

Alternatively you could be consistent in discussing both his strengths and weaknesses, blindly accepting things is one of the reasons our club is in the poor postition it is today.

3 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

If you think King is going to sack him given the cost it would take to sack him and bring in another manager then you maybe disappointed even in the scenario you give.

The only thing king has loyalty to is the fans. It's his only real form of income generation.

If the fans lose faith king will know he has to act to safeguard ticket sales now and the future. 

6 minutes ago, Ger77 said:

When everything is going well he's the greatest, when its not you want rid.  Ffs.

He needs to know that these performances are not acceptable.  We can't just sit back and say it's fine because we won some games last season.

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

He got a lot of praise and quite rightly so but it's also right that he recieves criticism for the continued failure to resolve long term problems. 

Can't disagree with that but the team he's building does have an air of excitability about it, give him more time to sort the long term problems and we could have a great football team to watch, yet again. 

We can all see where the failings is so undoubtably Mark Warburton and his team see them also, it can't be easy finding the correct standard of player to resolve these problems but I have faith that he will do it. 

3 minutes ago, Ger77 said:

See when I watched the gardener I saw a guy without managerial ability, unable to see the problem, with even less chance of addressing it . 

Some still go on about his goal scoring for us, not walking away, and us being loyal to him.

Now I think MW is 100x the manager the gardener was.

But if he doesn't stop picking his under performing favourites, doesn't get them all playing to their abilities, doesn't sort out the calamity of a defence, doesn't drop fuckin Miller, doesn't get them winning then he will ultimate suffer the same fate.

Being stubborn is fine when winning. It's your noose when you're not.

And for me our success means a fucking hell of a lot more than loyalty you want to show to an unsuccessful (dud) manager.

not in the least bit happy with performances this season and the end of last season but I will give the management and the players more time to sort this out. we have good players in the squad but I think mw and dw need to have a good look at team selection, tactics, and what we need to change to start getting results as we all know this dropping of points can't go on or it will end up in the enevitable.

Just in from that piss, exactly the same as the Motherwell game, will warburton ever learn? Teams just sit back

we can't break them down,and they break up the park and score so predictable, hill and Kiernan are useless

barton is as slow as hell, that 4 3 3 doesn't work,the only time we look dangerous is when kranjcar comes on

hes 3 moves ahead of anyone else, when Boyd scores and gets  motm ,there's something far wrong. Mid table

team on the seasons form so far

I'm finding some of the selections baffling, substitutions baffling and lack of a plan b incredibly frustrating.

At Rangers the standards are incredibly high and we demand the best but we've been off since the semi last season and seem to be struggling for shape and form, it's not good enough.

I can accept us needing to gel, that's fair enough but because it's been like that since April it can't all be that.

Management and team need a good shake, improvement is definitely needed.

As everyone is saying we've been playing two defensive midfielders and still get carved open by pish teams. 

The balance is all to fuck, there are players who seem to get picked when being rank and others who impress when being brought on who do not get the opportunity. 

It does appear as if he's picking the team on potential rather than current form.

Garner ? That dive was fuckin ridiculous.