Management

black75

We are 4 games into the season and he still has no idea what his best side is, to me, that's poor. 

There are also some who dont look remotely match fit.

Add in the fact that he's failed to address the glaring mess at centre halves and you start to understand why more and more fans are becoming frustrated.

2 losses against them and the sheep and the knives will be out for Warburton.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to be much more direct, whip a good few crosses into the box and, above all, attack those crosses. We'd score more and leave ourselves less predictably open to simple breaks such as when we overplay the passing game, push men forward to no effect and inevitably lose possession while vulnerable.

Send for Walter, at least to pick out a decent centre back for us.

11 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

We need to be much more direct, whip a good few crosses into the box and, above all, attack those crosses. We'd score more and leave ourselves less predictably open to simple breaks such as when we overplay the passing game, push men forward to no effect and inevitably lose possession while vulnerable.

Send for Walter, at least to pick out a decent centre back for us.

Tav whipped in a few with no takers.

One thing I noticed last night was when Kilmarnock were on the attack and our whole team funelled back into our own half to win the ball, which we did and were able to break at pace which almost led to a goal.

We only did it the once though. Teams compact their own half when we have the ball and break at pace we need to start doing the same.

With our style of play and when Waggy and Windass/Holt come back in we will be able to execute it better.

57 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Tav whipped in a few with no takers.

I don't know if I'd called them "whipped" crosses, but I do think and did say that, above all else, we need to attack the crosses.

No point having 6 men pass the buck, no matter how stylishly, if they're all round the edge of the box with nobody to attack crosses while leaving your defence open to swift  (remembered Boyd scored) counter attacks.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We are 4 games into the season and he still has no idea what his best side is, to me, that's poor. 

There are also some who dont look remotely match fit.

Add in the fact that he's failed to address the glaring mess at centre halves and you start to understand why more and more fans are becoming frustrated.

2 losses against them and the sheep and the knives will be out for Warburton.

He does, but it's just not the same as ours.

BTW, One pumping from the scum will do it. We are currently shite, but we wi improve providing we sort out tge defence. I've a sneaky feeling if we attack them, we might just pull off a result , as their defence is also their weakest link. Sit in and we are fucked for obvious reasons.

11 hours ago, WGOH said:

Am I right in saying that, apart from the stupid Betfred cup games this season, we've kept 1 clean sheet (Dumbarton when we won the league) since we beat Dundee :anguish:? that's fucking grim

Good point mate, but I just can't wait for all of our injured players come back - it's gonna make a massive difference on the field. We are missing the drive and energy from Holt, Windass, etc. The signing of Hill clearly hasn't worked too. MW has couple of days left in transfer window to address the defence, or it's going to be one long season for us!

This forum is fulla panic merchants. I want us to win the league but i think theres too many thinking were going to go out and pump the opposition every time. Not going to happen. Last night after the match i knew there would be too many on here talking about warburton not good enough, needs to go blah blah.  

The "die hard" fans are fickle. Sometimes your going to get a draw or lose its football. We should have won but didnt. Eagerly awaiting the usual suspects to call me a tarrier etc for pointing out their weakness as a supporter. 

Top 3 finish this season is what i want and is achievable. First would be phenomenal but i'm not a fantasist so wont be too disappointed its a reasonable ask of the new squad for a top three. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Apologies for the use of the word Rome btw!

10 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

This forum is fulla panic merchants. I want us to win the league but i think theres too many thinking were going to go out and pump the opposition every time. Not going to happen. Last night after the match i knew there would be too many on here talking about warburton not good enough, needs to go blah blah.  

The "die hard" fans are fickle. Sometimes your going to get a draw or lose its football. We should have won but didnt. Eagerly awaiting the usual suspects to call me a tarrier etc for pointing out their weakness as a supporter. 

Top 3 finish this season is what i want and is achievable. First would be phenomenal but i'm not a fantasist so wont be too disappointed its a reasonable ask of the new squad for a top three. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Apologies for the use of the word Rome btw!

Accepting third :power_of_anguish:, fuck off wae that.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Accepting third :power_of_anguish:, fuck off wae that.

Take a step back..write the situation and facts on a piece of paper and remove all traces of the word rangers. Now you will realise that on the grand scheme of things you can only piss with the cock you have mate. I want 1st but its not upto me to accept anything. Top three and i'm happy. Im patient and thinking of the full picture and being reasonable. 

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

You're going to be very, very disappointed come the end of the season I imagine. 

Here pal am very disappointed right now never mind the end of the season, after last night am still fuckin RAGING, went to bed with a sore head and iv woke up with a sore head. FUCKING RAGING!!

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

Here pal am very disappointed right now never mind the end of the season, after last night am still fuckin RAGING, went to bed with a sore head and iv woke up with a sore head. FUCKING RAGING!!

:unsure:

14 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Anyone else would have been gone by now. I am losing faith quickly in Warburton. We are too one dimensional. We cannot allow where we have been to change the way we judge our managers and board.

Anyone else would've gone by now? Fuck me I've read some shite on here but tell me which rangers manager has been sacked after 4 league games?

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Anyone else would've gone by now? Fuck me I've read some shite on here but tell me which rangers manager has been sacked after 4 league games?

I don't think it's just the four league games, it goes back to the end of last season too. We've been absolutely awful since we beat that mob in April. 

I'm not saying sack Warburton, I think that would be a crazy decision at this point but we have been pretty awful for ages now.

Only two draws away from a crisis.

However, obvious Barton and Rossitter don't work in the same team, we're crying out for some pace in the team but he leaves MOH on the bench and brings on Hallyday against 10 men. Get fucking Kiernon or Hill off and go 3 at the back for 20 mins.

No longer thinking 1st or 2nd, now thinking top 6 or bottom 6.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I don't think it's just the four league games, it goes back to the end of last season too. We've been absolutely awful since we beat that mob in April. 

I'm not saying sack Warburton, I think that would be a crazy decision at this point but we have been pretty awful for ages now.

We've been poor but sadly the league was wrapped up and I think the taig game took everything out them.

We lost the final but as I remember under Walter going for back to back trebles wrapping the league up.so early cost us that final as well.

We've played in patches. At times last night we were excellent. The majority absolutely shite. We've dropped our level, we've slowed the pace, we are back to Wallace not overlapping mckay most of the time. We don't shoot and another small point every single team we play seems to get the break of the ball and 1 shot 1 goal.

There should've been 2 pks last night as well. But it's not been good enough. 

Last season the remit was promotion. After he achieved that he was never going to be sacked after 4 games.  The sooner wee Holt and Windass are back the better 

10 hours ago, HG5 said:

Now, you've touched on another nerve here.

How much has MW actually been given to spend, and how does that budget fit in with who he'd really like to bring in?

He's not said much, but I sincerely hope that he hasn't been hung out to dry by the board, in respect of what transfer funds have been made available to him.

Aye mate I'm with you a bit on this one. I've noticed him mention in interviews a few times how difficult it is getting people to come to Scotland. But sometimes I got the impression he'd have liked to have said more because cash is obviously a major incentive. Lescott seems like a possible scenario in this. Its disappointing if so after all the big talk from King. I never expected a lot of cash because just paying of the loans and the yearly deficit will eat up 20 million by the time we balance our books. Maybe more with this retail situation but even 5 million would make some difference. With the scum splashing cash it does make me feel a bit for Warburton because he's the one who carries the can whilst working with a hand tied behind his back. That's just the way it is though because there is not a bear alive who will not turn on the guy if that lot win the next two seasons. Stopping them getting to nine or even 8 is just far too important for reason to play a part. Being a Rangers supporter is always this way anyway but the two horse race of our league creates a unique pressure for both clubs I feel. There is no air in Glasgow football. If we don't win every season we lose to the worst bunch of cunts in football.

2 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Aye mate I'm with you a bit on this one. I've noticed him mention in interviews a few times how difficult it is getting people to come to Scotland. But sometimes I got the impression he'd have liked to have said more because cash is obviously a major incentive. Lescott seems like a possible scenario in this. Its disappointing if so after all the big talk from King. I never expected a lot of cash because just paying of the loans and the yearly deficit will eat up 20 million by the time we balance our books. Maybe more with this retail situation but even 5 million would make some difference. With the scum splashing cash it does make me feel a bit for Warburton because he's the one who carries the can whilst working with a hand tied behind his back. That's just the way it is though because there is not a bear alive who will not turn on the guy if that lot win the next two seasons. Stopping them getting to nine or even 8 is just far too important for reason to play a part. Being a Rangers supporter is always this way anyway but the two horse race of our league creates a unique pressure for both clubs I feel. There is no air in Glasgow football. If we don't win every season we lose to the worst bunch of cunts in football.

I'm with you completely on this one!?