Pep Vs Jose.

Clemdog

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

people should also remember that when pep took over barca he took over a team with xavi, iniesta, messi, eto', puyol, valdes amongst others, sure he sold a few and brought in pique, but  fact is he inherited the best player the planet will ever see, coupled with 2 of the best midfielders spain will ever produce

pep has never had to actually build a team from scratch, again with city he's taking over the richest team in england with a squad already good enough for the title

Sorry to be controversial but that is utter nonsense ?! I'm no Pep lover, but he took over a Barca side who were in disarray, moved on the likes of Ronaldinho, Deco and a bunch of established stars, and played youth who were far from being established.

Yes Xavi was a great player, but Iniesta had done hardly anything of note in his career, likewise with Messi, Busquets, Pedro etc. In fact under Rijkaard the likes of Iniesta and Messi were almost forced out of the club.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

5 best managers in the world (In order)

1 - Mourinho

2 - Guardiola

3 - Anchelotti

4 - Simione 

5 - Conte

So based off that and their squads, Jose to win, Pep to finish second and Conte 3rd.

Why is Lennon not on that list? He did beat Barcelona, mind!!! 

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Exactly. This myth about Barcelona prior to Pep taking over still goes on to this day. Finished third and 17 points behind Real, 10 behind Villarreal but apparently he took over the best squad ever! 

Just look at the squad that year to see it's nowhere near as strong as people make out. Pep is the reason why Xavi, Iniesta and Messi all went up a level.

People need to deal in facts or read up on them about the spending at Bayern, would think he spent millions in his time there, which certainly is not the case!

It's up there with the "anyone can coach Barca" and "Messi only scores because of Xavi and Iniesta" patter.

If the scumchester support in the media have their wish then it will be a Jose love in for the rest of the season...

City have a few players just about to start playing..They looked awesome in the 1st half yesterday (huffed and puffed 2nd half)..I am concerned that Aguero might not be available (injury/suspended)..But in all honesty..The Manchester Derby on the 10th takes 2nd place..Over the course of this Season though..I definitely feel that Pep will hand Jose his arse... 

8 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Sorry to be controversial but that is utter nonsense ?! I'm no Pep lover, but he took over a Barca side who were in disarray, moved on the likes of Ronaldinho, Deco and a bunch of established stars, and played youth who were far from being established.

Yes Xavi was a great player, but Iniesta had done hardly anything of note in his career, likewise with Messi, Busquets, Pedro etc. In fact under Rijkaard the likes of Iniesta and Messi were almost forced out of the club.

Pep won the cl in his first season, the starting 11 contained 9 players he inherited, 

England national side will be picked from the championship and league 1 shortly, near every signing in the transfer window by all clubs was non English,i don't know what the % of foreigners is that are in the starting 11's but I bet its pretty high.

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

Pep's a fanny, he failed at Bayern as well. Jose' still the man. 

Pep did fail to do what was expected of him, but if we're comparing him to Jose, he has won the Champion's League more recently than Jose, the same number of times as Jose, and in half as many seasons as Jose, and has never failed as badly as Jose did at Real or in his last season at Chelsea so...

Michael-Jordan-Shrug-After-3-Pointer.gif

Just now, JamieD said:

Pep did fail to do what was expected of him, but if we're comparing him to Jose, he has won the Champion's League more recently than Jose, the same number of times as Jose, and in half as many seasons as Jose, and has never failed as badly as Jose did at Real or in his last season at Chelsea so...

Honestly, I actually do think City will win the league this season 

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

when pep wins the CL with 2 different teams, and top league titles in 4 different countries, he then has allowance to be in the same room as Jose, until then Pep will always be a one trick pony that would never have had the success he did if he didnt have the greatest player ever coming into his best years along with two of the best midfielders world football has ever seen along with the rest of that Barca team

On 28 August 2016 at 6:39 PM, In Dungeons Deep said:

5 best managers in the world (In order)

1 - Mark Warbutton 

2 - Guardiola

3 - Anchelotti

4 - Simione 

5 - Conte

So based off that and their squads, Jose to win, Pep to finish second and Conte 3rd.

I don't think it's fair to say Pep didn't need to do anything as the players were handed to him on a plate. The same players failed under Martino, so it's not just a case of putting 11 players on the pitch, they need to be managed and coached as well and to do what Guardiola done with that Barcelona side was incredible. They were pretty much unbeatable for 4 years, untouchable, teams struggled to even register a shot on target against them. 

The way they played was completely unique, I don't think just anyone could have created such a force. 

In total he's completed 6 league campaigns and won 5 titles. I think City have the better squad out of them and Utd this season, but you can never write Jose off as he knows how to grind out ugly wins, like the Hull game last week. Jose has the experience of the Premiership as well.