The sign of good management skills

KeyserSoze

2 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

You are a fucking Err

You have the quote wrong - it's doing the same thing again and again expecting a DIFFERENT result - but you have SAME result - just trying to help but on you go. 

Einstein is attributed as saying insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought we were absolutely shocking from middle to front today. We started well and moved the ball quick culminating in a few chances (Windass's especially) but the second half was terrible. The tempo was far too slow. The defence had the ball and everyone was just running to the ball meaning when they were passed the ball they were facing their own goal so they had to go back or go sideways. Nobody looked to take the ball on the half turn and drive/pass forward. Very little penetration with passes or runs today. 

The way they played in the second half it didn't look like they were being coached. The only way we tried to score was by going wide and crossing it in. The midfield and strikers looked like they didn't have any ideas of where to be or what movements to make. 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You have the quote wrong - it's doing the same thing again and again expecting a DIFFERENT result - but you have SAME result - just trying to help but on you go. 

Einstein is attributed as saying insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"?

You are a choobe.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He was just on the park and nearly scored.  It was more than most of the others could manage up until that point.

Windass took it by the keeper and should have scored, Tav should have scored, Waghorn forced the keeper into a brilliant save, Hill had his header cleared off the line and then had his other header saved but aye, well done Michael for fucking up a chance that was easier to score. 

Does anyone really think we didn't buy O'Halloran based on one decent display against Rangers at Ibrox against St Johnstone , Reminds me of days gone by when anyone that played well against Rangers we bought them.

He seems to have left all those skills at St Johnstone,I also don't believe all the nonsense about needing a run of games.. He also has a reputation as being extremely quick,Something that doesn't happen much.

Don't really know what to make of him and think we just jumped into signing him feet first.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

I agree with most of what you're saying other than O'Halloran, he was once again absolutely anonymous when he came on today and done his bit in giving the ball away needlessly 3 times. He's slowly turning in to the next Templeton

Apart from nearly putting a goal in with his first touch of the ball...

48 minutes ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

Waggy believes last season's hype. This year he is just slow and..pish.

I would say theres a good chance that hes fairly pissed off that we've brought in Garner and Dodoo to play through the middle when hes stuck out on the right.

30 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

The 3-5-2 does look appealing.  But that only really picks the defence. Tav wide right but then who gets the other 6 jerseys?

garner and waghorn upfront? Who's left sided? Cos Wallace is fucking brutal at the moment. The central 3? Windass and 2 others? 

Throws up a lot of issues I think. 

Whats for sure is some people need a reality check in that squad 

I'd have a 3-5-2.  Martin O'Neil's Celtic used a 3-5-2 and it was very good for them.  Tavernier and Wallace for width with two proper strikers.  An extra CB would help us defensively and offer us a bit more protection defending those set-pieces.  In the tougher games the CM can be swapped out for a CDM.  We have the players to try this.

Capture.JPG

If we were to try a 3 at the back I'd like us to try something like this 

Wes

Wilson      Hill      Wallace

Rossiter

Holt            Harry          

Tavernier            Mckay           Windass     

Garner

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

IS MOVE TO A 4-4-2 SEE WHERE THAT GETS US FFS

drop Wallace for Hodson and don't play wee Barrie for a while AND START WITH MOH  

STOP DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS. 

change, adapt, test. 

Loose the stubborn streak we'll think more of you. 

I 100% agree with you may I add never again do I wish to see Rob Keirnan in a Rangers jersey.

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting the same result.

Don't suppose he was referring to a nil nil draw at Ibrox against Ross County, though.

While I agree with this, I don't think we should blame the formation just yet. We all know we aren't playing the way we should be passing and pace wise, something we should be able to do in any formation.

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

While I agree with this, I don't think we should blame the formation just yet. We all know we aren't playing the way we should be passing and pace wise, something we should be able to do in any formation.

I assume that "something we should be able to do in any formation" is beating ross county.

51 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

drop Wallace for Hodson and don't play wee Barrie for a while AND START WITH MOH  

change, adapt, test. 

Stopped reading at " START WITH MOH"

33 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'd have a 3-5-2.  Martin O'Neil's Celtic used a 3-5-2 and it was very good for them.  Tavernier and Wallace for width with two proper strikers.  An extra CB would help us defensively and offer us a bit more protection defending those set-pieces.  In the tougher games the CM can be swapped out for a CDM.  We have the players to try this.

Capture.JPG

I wouldn't mind seeing the 352 but I'd prefer to use it because Juventus have dominated the Italian league the last few years not because THAT lot used it, but again it's all about the personnel, It's hard to change tactics midway through buying a team to suit your preferred tactics although I feel we could potentially have the players to do that. Will MW change his whole ethos tho? he's always said he will play the same way no matter who we play and he has done that so far but it obviously doesn't work without a plan b.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

change, adapt, test. 

Exact conversation on the way home from Ibrox then in the pub. The general consensus was Warburton is too stubborn to change. 

I would replace McKay with Forrester as well. 

At this stage I don't think it really matters what formation you start with.

The manager has his ideals that he won't move away from and it doesn't really matter if it's 4-3-3(really 4-5-1), 4-4-2 or anything else. These formations are just a starting base. Mean shit all in the long run.

14 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

change, adapt, test. 

The three changes you mention are the same three players I would drop.

With regards McKay, is he hiding during the post match talks between the players?  He seems to be untouchable for some reason.

Really angry with RFC at the moment.

I just can't see him changing the formation on the whole. He mentioned that they might make some tweaks to the formation. Well we saw that today, we had more energy and better tempo in midfield. However it's still not coming off so more changes are required.

1. Drop Wallace and McKay and replaced with Hodson and Forrester. While both replacements might not set the heather alight they will send a message to Wallace and McKay that if you play shite you get dropped. There's a lesson to learn!
  2. I really believe Garner would do a lot better in a striking partnership so moving to a formation with 2 strikers would be something we could try. Most of the choices have been listed on here anyway such as 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-1-3-2, 4-3-1-2 etc. This is what he should have been doing in the league cup and friendlies we have had. Find a Plan B that may well be so good it becomes the new Plan A. If you never try you'll never know. You can still play high tempo attacking possession based football with any of those formations but it gives us more options IN the box rather than around it.

I said after last weeks game that big changes were required and a reaction was needed and it felt like a half arsed reaction. The QotS game needs to be a game where Warburton gets it right otherwise we'll not come away with anything from Aberdeen and things will be beyond unacceptable.