What was our best central defensive partnership?

Thermopylae

Any of these guys would make the present team a whole lot better but as with most things in life it's the chemistry that makes the difference so which pair would you choose?

Roberts and Butcher

Gough and Butcher

Gough and Brown

Amoruso and Hendry

Cuéllar and Bougherra

Other?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Wilson and Senderos is the two I think we'll end up with.  Kiernan is very good with the ball at his feet but the guy is far too prone to error.  Hill was brought in to cover, not to be a starter.

Really?

Wilson and Hill deserve another shot anyway. Got our first clean-sheet with some help from Foderingham.

Just now, Marky. said:

Really?

Wilson and Hill deserve another shot anyway.

Kiernan is good with the ball at his feet.  Slack pass against Celtic but otherwise he's been very calm and composed at the back since he came.  Too bad he's a shit defender.

39 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Any of these guys would make the present team a whole lot better but as with most things in life it's the chemistry that makes the difference so which pair would you choose?

Roberts and Butcher

Gough and Butcher

Gough and Brown

Amoruso and Hendry

Cuéllar and Bougherra

Other?

Cuellar and Boughera? ??

Do you not mean Weir and Cuellar.

Gough/Brown the 92/93 season , John Brown was not the big massive signing but at centre half with big Gough he was outstanding .

Butcher was a better player than Brown, but I feel the Gough/ Brown gave me the greatest season I will ever see as a Rangers fan and their record that season was amazing.

A win in Marsaille we were in the champs league final, we got a draw and it went to the last games, undefeated Aug to Mar spanning 48 games and winning the treble to boot 

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Gough/Brown the 92/83 season, John Brown was not the big massive signing but at centre half with big Gough he was outstanding .

Butcher was a better player than Brown, but I feel the Gough/ Brown gave me the greatest season I will ever see as a Rangers fan and their record that season was amazing.

A win in Marsaille we were in the champs league final, we got a draw and it went to the last games, undefeated Aug to Mar spanning 48 games and winning the treble to boot 

That's a long season!

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Wilson and Senderos is the two I think we'll end up with.  Kiernan is very good with the ball at his feet but the guy is far too prone to error.  Hill was brought in to cover, not to be a starter.

I've seen this before, from someone else, I can't believe people actually think this.

Gough and Brown purely for being at the heart of our greatest ever season! ??

And before anyone moans about 72 I'm not saying that wasn't special but semi final in the Champions League and the domestic treble was something else!