Next Rangers Manager

The Ibrox Derry

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, B1872 said:

Slavin Bilic and Mark Hughes will be sacked soon.

Just saying! :pipe:

I would sack the bastards too, found out too many times for sparky, as for the Euro expert he now has his choice of squad and the arse has dropped out of his shite thoughts on a EPL team, just like our manager, dreamers playing at football with no concept of the consequences of failure when it could be easily avoided by playing the game to suit the circumstances.

18 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

If that's the case why are we 7th in the league with the 2nd biggest budget in Scottish football?

I sort of agree with that point but the point needs to be made / evaluated  at the end of the season as any team can have a bad run but the premise better budget = better quality can only be judged over a seasons performance not a short period of games 

1 hour ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

It doesn't matter who the next manager will be. He wont get any money to spend and he'll be nowhere near title no.55.

We need a new board before we need a new manager.

Nonsense!

Do you know how much the board have spent overall?

Do you know for a fact Mark Warburton asked for players and never got them?

What is celtics net spend compared to ours?

Is Mark Warburton a liar when he says the board have supported him?

Is it the board who pick the team, tactics and can't defend?

The board aren't perfect and they need to buck up their ideas when it comes to backing up the fans and fighting our enemies. However to say it's the boards fault for what happens on the pitch is bullshit. These problems on the park have been the same since March.

11 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I sort of agree with that point but the point needs to be made / evaluated  at the end of the season as any team can have a bad run but the premise better budget = better quality can only be judged over a seasons performance not a short period of games 

Hand wringing taigish bastard.... Sorry seen the name and just went with tradition.

i agree with you, if we put a good run together we could still be up there at the end of the season. I wish to hell we didn't have the 5-1 game but at half time I still had hope and in the Aberdeen game we deserved at least a point in an away game. I don't see us as champions this year, and I am not happy about that but I am postponing the wrist slashing for a wee while.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Nonsense!

Do you know how much the board have spent overall?

Do you know for a fact Mark Warburton asked for players and never got them?

What is celtics net spend compared to ours?

Is Mark Warburton a liar when he says the board have supported him?

Is it the board who pick the team, tactics and can't defend?

The board aren't perfect and they need to buck up their ideas when it comes to backing up the fans and fighting our enemies. However to say it's the boards fault for what happens on the pitch is bullshit. These problems on the park have been the same since March.

MW is really getting the boot put into him but some of the responsibility lies with the board. Imo, both the board and MW need to look at strategy. Question I think need asked are.....

What level of support has MW received from the board mediocre, minimum, high?

How much was the war chest worth from the board for MW, to strip out dead wood,get new players, new scouting set up, new youth set up etc?

Why is 2nd place and European qualification acceptable by the board?

Is MW having to get free transfers that he can sell on to raise the funds to purchase the players he needs for the challenge against Celtic, rather than being given the Promised investment to challenge Celtic?

How much do the board need to invest to challenge Celtic?

9.45M has been given in soft loans by the board. As of yet no permission has been given by the share holders to change this into shares. So is this a loan with a promise attached or investment?

Were the soft loans provided from the board used to strengthen the squad or were they used for the business side of Rangers?

17 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

MW is really getting the boot put into him but some of the responsibility lies with the board. Imo, both the board and MW need to look at strategy. Question I think need asked are.....

What level of support has MW received from the board mediocre, minimum, high?

How much was the war chest worth from the board for MW, to strip out dead wood,get new players, new scouting set up, new youth set up etc?

Why is 2nd place and European qualification acceptable by the board?

Is MW having to get free transfers that he can sell on to raise the funds to purchase the players he needs for the challenge against Celtic, rather than being given the Promised investment to challenge Celtic?

How much do the board need to invest to challenge Celtic?

9.45M has been given in soft loans by the board. As of yet no permission has been given by the share holders to change this into shares. So is this a loan with a promise attached or investment?

Were the soft loans provided from the board used to strengthen the squad or were they used for the business side of Rangers?

You can't answer a question with a question! ??

3 hours ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

It doesn't matter who the next manager will be. He wont get any money to spend and he'll be nowhere near title no.55.

We need a new board before we need a new manager.

This board neither have the wealth, nor the acumen to create wealth to take this great club forward to where it should be.

A bunch of chancers on the gravy train, praying for their big windfall. They are not here to enrich the heritage of our club, but clear as day to enrich the lining of their pockets.

Their Warbuston project is coming unstuck and no doubt throws a spanner in the works. They may be worried that they need to pony up more cash to keep us afloat, which I doubt they have, but they have us tied up in so much personal debt they can't lose, only us. They never get challenged on the financing and I would ask, do we have enough in the bank to see us through untill the end of the season, as I feel the next move will be, due to unforeseen cirimstances, with the thousand excuses of blaming previous boards, that the assets will be hocked off to keep us afloat. This board are well overstretched and no signs of any new money.

27 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

This board neither have the wealth, nor the acumen to create wealth to take this great club forward to where it should be.

A bunch of chancers on the gravy train, praying for their big windfall. They are not here to enrich the heritage of our club, but clear as day to enrich the lining of their pockets.

Their Warbuston project is coming unstuck and no doubt throws a spanner in the works. They may be worried that they need to pony up more cash to keep us afloat, which I doubt they have, but they have us tied up in so much personal debt they can't lose, only us. They never get challenged on the financing and I would ask, do we have enough in the bank to see us through untill the end of the season, as I feel the next move will be, due to unforeseen cirimstances, with the thousand excuses of blaming previous boards, that the assets will be hocked off to keep us afloat. This board are well overstretched and no signs of any new money.

There's only Ed house they could sell. If they sold the car park, the club deck would have to be closed because of planning conditions and they can't sell the stadium or training ground. Achenhowie couldn't possible accommodate all season ticket holders. They could maybe mortgage them or sell them and lease them back but I can't see that as shareholders would vote them out of office at the next election.

38 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You continually peddle the same rhetoric as mad ill Phil and other celtic supporting Rangers haters. Is there any particular reason for that?

47 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

How about Alan Curbishley?

Alan Curbishley...

A guy who has only ever managed two teams, one of which he was sacked after less than 2 seasons, and hasn't been in charge of a club for over 8 years?

What makes you think he would be a good choice to replace Warburton?