Next Rangers Manager

The Ibrox Derry

I'd keep MW although think the media will drive him out .accompanied by blatant mistakes by refs .it could just end up too much for him or anyone not used to being up here .if we were to interview candidates for the managers job ,it would be mcinnes 

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

OK folks, that's this thread been open for over an hour, giving the 23% plenty of time to propose a replacement for Mark Warburton, as no serious suggestions have been made I'm now declaring those 23% to be either :

A) Taigs

B) Joey Barton and friends or

C) Rangers fans with an emotional brain of a 5 year old.

Mark and Davie, your jobs are safe, carry on please, for the time being.

Mods, you can now lock or close this thread, the discussion, if it ever started, is now over, thanks.

So just because nobody can be arsed responding to you that is your response.

Just face facts, our manager is under huge pressure and naturally fans will be looking at options.

You might not like it but that's life.

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So just because nobody can be arsed responding to you that is your response.

Just face facts, our manager is under huge pressure and naturally fans will be looking at options.

You might not like it but that's life.

Of course he is under huge pressure, even when The Rangers are winning the Manager is still under huge pressure. I'm just looking forward to hearing all the great winning suggestions out there on his replacement and how said replacement is going to achieve this success. Simples.

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Of course he is under huge pressure, even when The Rangers are winning the Manager is still under huge pressure. I'm just looking forward to hearing all the great winning suggestions out there on his replacement and how said replacement is going to achieve this success. Simples.

It's not that simple. We're not flush for money to go buying contracts out or paying them either. 

I actually think if we lose another few games Warburton may walk. 

As said earlier not many free agents out there who would appease the support. Only guy I suggested on record, stature and experience, plus being out a job is Steve Bruce. 

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Here's a novel idea why not advertise the post and out of all the applicants see who is the best for the job,see what their past record is and what their vision is for the future if a candidate seems better than what we have right now which as it stands wouldn't be hard them give them the job.

Much the same as in every walk of life, ST Mirren has had over thirty applications for that job most will be dross but not all,we would attract a far higher candidate and maybe just maybe we will get a manager that is not as naive or as stubborn as the one we have right now.

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

Nonsense! 

Wasn't on a shoe string, he inherited a team full of internationals.

Off the top of my head or starting 11 was:

Klos

Ricksen

Moore

Amo

Numan

Ferguson

Arteta

De Beor

McCann

Mols

Lovenkrands

When he was working on a shoestring budget he finished third. I remember the fans protesting outside the steps to get rid. Let's move on and move forward. ??

The shoestring team saw signings like Ostenstaad, Jeffers, Capucho, Bernard. We were awful in the league but somehow got to last 16 of champions league.

Mcleish is a decent guy but an average manager. Most of us could manage Rangers to a league win with a spine of Amoruso, Ferguson and De Boer.

8 minutes ago, gsa said:

The shoestring team saw signings like Ostenstaad, Jeffers, Capucho, Bernard. We were awful in the league but somehow got to last 16 of champions league.

Mcleish is a decent guy but an average manager. Most of us could manage Rangers to a league win with a spine of Amoruso, Ferguson and De Boer.

Tbf any manager that can win a league with Bob fucking Malcolm in their squad deserves at least some credit :lol:

Very few managers with any sort of reputation are going to come here when we are expected to challenge celtic on a fraction of their budget.

If Warburton does lose his job, I think the board will say the Warburton experiment failed, panic and resort to an experienced manager who knows the club and can get us well organised, make us hard to beat and will work within a fairly restricted budget without rocking the boat too much - and that's why I've said a few times that I think McLeish is a stick on to get the call.

If it's not him it'll be some other budget option who's done well in the SPL and is ready to 'step up' like Tommy Wright or Robbie Neilson.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Very few managers with any sort of reputation are going to come here when we are expected to challenge celtic on a fraction of their budget.

If Warburton does lose his job, I think the board will say the Warburton experiment failed, panic and resort to an experienced manager who knows the club and can get us well organised, make us hard to beat and will work within a fairly restricted budget without rocking the boat too much - and that's why I've said a few times that I think McLeish is a stick on to get the call.

If it's not him it'll be some other budget option who's done well in the SPL and is ready to 'step up' like Tommy Wright or Robbie Neilson.

If we're staying local Mcinnes will get the call.