3 points off 2nd place

Bad Robot

Potentially ten off 1st but the facts are we're only 3 points from 2nd place so everyone needs to calm the fck down.

Yes we're missing chances and yes we could do with better defenders but there's a long way to go.

If we start slipping into the realms of 8,9,10 points behind 2nd then yes we have a massive problem with major decisions to make but we're not near that yet.

We're all frustrated but we just need to bide our time and 3 wins out of 3 for the next few games can really give us some believe again.

We fight on.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Potentially ten off 1st but the facts are we're only 3 points from 2nd place so everyone needs to calm the fck down.

Yes we're missing chances and yes we could do with better defenders but there's a long way to go.

If we start slipping into the realms of 8,9,10 points behind 2nd then yes we have a massive problem with major decisions to make but we're not near that yet.

We're all frustrated but we just need to bide our time and 3 wins out of 3 for the next few games can really give us some believe again.

We fight on.

Just one problem mate. We're shite!!!

We are in the bottom 6, are in 7th position, and are 4 points off bottom.

We deserve to be exactly where we are due to several baffling team selections and substitutions by our manager, and some pretty abysmal play generally by our entire squad.

No one needs to calm down, the players and manager need to get their fingers out and sort what can only be described as an embarrassment of a season to date.

Agree with you completely. No matter what the manager says about the standard of the Premiership, the standard is a lot higher, and every team in it has a burning hatred of us. The team have now awakened to this, and if not for bad finishing yesterday we would have walked with the points.

It's time for calm heads while we adjust to this level, and I trust the manager to ring the changes required in time. However I will never criticise a man for showing a bit of loyalty and giving folk a chance to prove themselves.

As it stands just now it more than looks like we can and will drop points against any team we play whether at home or away.we are battling for second which is nothing at the end of the day I fully concede that the league is long gone already and I have no faith that the second spot will be us at the end of the season.

Just now, Moobs said:

Just one problem mate. We're shite!!!

The results have been shite as has the lack of goals and play at times but overall the performances aren't shite so we're not as bad as most are making out we just need to start making the right choices and there both MW and the players.

If we're shite where does that put the others who have also only managed to gain 3 points on us?

Point being, we only need to improve and raise our game a small margin which will be enough to start winning games against the others trying to get 2nd.

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The results have been shite as has the lack of goals and play at times but overall the performances aren't shite so we're not as bad as most are making out we just need to start making the right choices and there both MW and the players.

If we're shite where does that put the others who have also only managed to gain 3 points on us?

Point being, we only need to improve and raise our game a small margin which will be enough to start winning games against the others trying to get 2nd.

Agreed.

That margin is putting the ball in the net when on top. Killie, Ross Co, Aberdeen even the tims for a spell at the start of the second half (Mckay)...all games where we had spells of dominance and chances created but failed to cash in.  We start scoring, confidence will build, points will be picked up.  So I agree overall play not (imo) shite however I do understand where some are coming from as our finishing has been awful.  I feel for the Manager tho...although it sits with him what can he do when players are not finishing when it's hard to miss (MOH last week, several yesterday).  I would understand the extreme criticism if we were creating nothing in games, but it's wrong to say we are not.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Mate I hope your right and I would loved to be proved wrong but I can't see us turning it round. Constant poor team selections and tactics, bad substitutions and the biggest problem is that defensively we are fuckin rank and it ain't going to get better. We live in hope though that I'm talking one load of shite :wink:

1 minute ago, Moobs said:

Mate I hope your right and I would loved to be proved wrong but I can't see us turning it round. Constant poor team selections and tactics, bad substitutions and the biggest problem is that defensively we are fuckin rank and it ain't going to get better. We live in hope though that I'm talking one load of shite :wink:

Maximum points October :541:

I'm trying to remain positive, and i respect your optimism, but i am fast losing faith in this group of players/management.

I didn't think we deserved to lose yesterday, but if i am being honest i don't think we did enough to win either (St.Johnstone probably created as many goalscoring chances vs the sheep as we did with much less of the ball).

1st goal we conceded was criminal and the second goal could have been prevented had we played to the whistle instead of claiming a handball the ref was never giving.

Granted it wasn't a free kick as Tav wins the ball but these are the fine margins that are punishing us.

Just not good enough.

Nobody likes getting beaten, especially to the two teams we have been beaten by so far, but it happens, it has happened before that we've lost a few games and  with far superior Rangers teams than this, and it will probably happen again in the future.

I like everyone else is hoping it comes right sooner than later, and watching the first half yesterday gave me some hope, as we were playing well. The problem was we were playing well but not getting the goals, we had a few chances couldn't take them, we have to take them!  A defensive mistake led to their first and a refereeing mistake led to the second, we know the areas we need to tighten up on and I'm sure Mark Warburton does too, but he needs to get it sorted, and quick.

At this point in time, he can only play the defenders he has and try and shuffle them about until he gets the correct blend, if it's not sorted he has to be given funds in January to strengthen.

We are indeed only 3 points off the 2nd spot, I, like many others, would love to win the league this year, but in reality I doubted it would happen, I wanted to consolidate get as high up as we could  and get the squad used to playing in the premier division. There are teams there who are not superior to some teams in the championship, but there are teams there who are and it's those teams that the playing staff are going to have to get used to playing against. 

There are those shouting for Warburton's removal, and they, as Rangers supporters, are entitled to their opinion, but to start going down the route of chopping and changing managers after some unfavourable results, in my opinion, rarely works, the players get unsettled, the club gets unsettled, and the supporters get unsettled,  prime examples, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Leeds, look what happened to them, a few bad results, solution?, sack the manager on a regular basis, and the whole club structure is upset.

Don't get me wrong, a new manager can turn it around, but 7 games into the season?, far too early for me, it was always going to be hard this season. It's new territory for both the manager and a lot of the team, we just need to hope there is a swift learning curve and reality check or we may find ourselves out of the top four, never mind second.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'm trying to remain positive, and i respect your optimism, but i am fast losing faith in this group of players/management.

I didn't think we deserved to lose yesterday, but if i am being honest i don't think we did enough to win either (St.Johnstone probably created as many goalscoring chances vs the sheep as we did with much less of the ball).

1st goal we conceded was criminal and the second goal could have been prevented had we played to the whistle instead of claiming a handball the ref was never giving.

Granted it wasn't a free kick as Tav wins the ball but these are the fine margins that are punishing us.

Just not good enough.

I agree to an extent and would be a lot more reassured if I saw we'd learned from mistakes and trained our way through them.

Fwiw I think the last few team selections have been better than earlier in the season. And I thought out team looked up for it from the start yesterday which hasn't always been the case. 

But in terms of some of the basics:

Defending, crossing, shooting, taking decent corners, passing from the back, showing grit and determination, appearing fitter than opposition, etc to name but a few.

In these areas we are miles away and are not showing progress.

I do still believe MW can do well for us but he needs to sort out his mistakes and get his players playing to form. So few have played well over the course of the season so far and it's going to cost him his job if he can't find solutions. 

Only 2 teams in British football history have won their top division the season after being promoted from the 2nd tier. Ipswich Town in 1962 under Bobby Robson (came up as champions) and Nottingham Forest in 1978 under Brian Clough (came up after finishing 3rd in division 2). For Warburton to do it in 2017 was always going to be a huge ask. As history shows, it just doesn't happen.

11 minutes ago, rbt1548 said:

Nobody likes getting beaten, especially to the two teams we have been beaten by so far, but it happens, it has happened before that we've lost a few games and  with far superior Rangers teams than this, and it will probably happen again in the future.

I like everyone else is hoping it comes right sooner than later, and watching the first half yesterday gave me some hope, as we were playing well. The problem was we were playing well but not getting the goals, we had a few chances couldn't take them, we have to take them!  A defensive mistake led to their first and a refereeing mistake led to the second, we know the areas we need to tighten up on and I'm sure Mark Warburton does too, but he needs to get it sorted, and quick.

At this point in time, he can only play the defenders he has and try and shuffle them about until he gets the correct blend, if it's not sorted he has to be given funds in January to strengthen.

We are indeed only 3 points off the 2nd spot, I, like many others, would love to win the league this year, but in reality I doubted it would happen, I wanted to consolidate get as high up as we could  and get the squad used to playing in the premier division. There are teams there who are not superior to some teams in the championship, but there are teams there who are and it's those teams that the playing staff are going to have to get used to playing against. 

There are those shouting for Warburton's removal, and they, as Rangers supporters, are entitled to their opinion, but to start going down the route of chopping and changing managers after some unfavourable results, in my opinion, rarely works, the players get unsettled, the club gets unsettled, and the supporters get unsettled,  prime examples, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Leeds, look what happened to them, a few bad results, solution?, sack the manager on a regular basis, and the whole club structure is upset.

Don't get me wrong, a new manager can turn it around, but 7 games into the season?, far too early for me, it was always going to be hard this season. It's new territory for both the manager and a lot of the team, we just need to hope there is a swift learning curve and reality check or we may find ourselves out of the top four, never mind second.

Good post.

One of the problems is I dont have any kind of reliance on this squad of players to be consistent enough to start putting together a run that picks us up points. Very few had pass marks from Sunday - and even if some had performed better, can they be relied upon to take that form into the next game and the next and the next?

The ones that were poor may be given another chance and may perform better in a single game - but that wont win you leagues  - so for me we have far to many players in the squad who are "hot or cold" players - and at the moment they are freezing cold.

We are also too easy to score against. If you aren't scoring, then you make yourself hard to beat and hope something falls your way. This is EXACTLY what teams are doing to us yet we seem remarkably unable to do it.

By the way Krancjar is finished and should be released as soon as.

18 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Just not good enough.

It's no where near good enough but on the same hand it's no where as bad as some are making out. MW needs to start picking and dropping the right players or he will learn the hard way once he's dropped but I don't think we're near that place yet.

10 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Only 2 teams in British football history have won their top division the season after being promoted from the 2nd tier. Ipswich Town in 1962 under Bobby Robson (came up as champions) and Nottingham Forest in 1978 under Brian Clough (came up after finishing 3rd in division 2). For Warburton to do it in 2017 was always going to be a huge ask. As history shows, it just doesn't happen.

European position is a must this season, titles done as far as I am concerned  . Also want to see us win one of the cups . Realism is hitting in for me this season 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

MW changed a winning formula after QoS, that I don't get.

Same here but he was always bringing Wallace back in who was better yesterday, for me waghorn is massive problem i really can't see us getting anything out of him if he keeps playing wide and it's clear to see he struggling out there takes to long on the ball and garner is man in middle who can't play wide. 

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

European position is a must this season, titles done as far as I am concerned  . Also want to see us win one of the cups . Realism is hitting in for me this season 

Exactly and the quicker others have this realistic acceptance and stop deluding themselves the better. Not saying that you personally have been deluding yourself but there's a multitude out there that are.