Where were you when we got through to the Uefa League Final in 2008?

HeHaw

2 hours ago, bettertogether said:

I have never seen so many men cry in my life like I did leaving that stadium what a fantastic feeling that was.

never experienced anything like it! I thought easter road was unbeatable but Florence was unreal. I greet everytime i see that penalty shoot out

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Was at the game, never missed a game that season, cost a fucking fortune but wouldn't have changed it for anything. 

That's cracking,

Had a few mates who went to all the away European ties that year and I don't think I have ever been so envious of something my mates have done and never will.

I was in the pub with a good percentage of our supporters club. Went mental at final whistle when almost immediately phone went. One of the buildings I  manage was on fire. Feck I was on call and meant to be sober. I had answered their call - schoolboy error- so nothing else for it got a taxi to the building and sure enough it was well alight. Kept out of the way as best I could and went home at 2am after providing a briefing to local press. It was ok though local reporter had been watching match with me and was pissed too. Could have gone horribly wrong though.

Love a good thread like this! Too much doom and gloom on here sometimes. 

I had been to Bremen home and away with my Dad and had been to Lisbon game at home but I watched Lisbon away and that special night in Florence from my uni halls in Oxford! For anyone that knows Oxford there aren't many places to watch Scottish football, other than the Eurobar by the bus stop but that wasn't always a guarantee. 

I had bought a 24 case of bud and just got steaming on my own in my room, the poor Japanese guy next to me had no idea what was fucking going on when I was screaming at each penalty. That was one of those memories you get as a football fan when you can't sit still, you're shaking, you're excited but you're shitting yourself all at once. Like an old firm game feeling really.

When Novo scored I just could not believe we had done it and that Manchester was going to be amazing. That famous line from the commentator - "Manchester, they're coming for you and you might not be big enough!" Words to that effect. Well as it proved it was nowhere near big enough. I will go to my death bed saying how much I loved that day out in Manchester and I hope we are able to have another one like it. 

Great memories ?⚪️?

here in new zealand watched with our 3 sons, told john our oldest now 18 , novo will nail this, cried like a baby but tried to let them not see that.

watched the manchester final at the backbencher here in wellington

want these days back

My life was shit at 5he time of the euro run.after the lyon game at ibrox me and the bird at the time split and i moved out of the house i put all the money into and moved into a shared house with 3 other guys and i hated it.the run just kept going and i was on nights for the bremen game and missed it.

Come the sporting away game, the 3 other lads in the house had been converted and we all watched it together.

The night in Florence all  i could afford as a bevvy was 3 litres of cider, but in true human kindness 48 cans and 2 pizzas were donated by the other boys.we all watched together."keep them out Rangers"! Became the slogan of the night from leeds paul and man utd pat.

When it came to nachos penalty i had lost count and thought we had to score to stay in it.

There are some times in your life even senility will never erase from your memory, when i saw the bears running toward the support through my fingers over my eyes and me and the boys going tonto in the living room and seeing the images of the bears in the stand going fuckin mental, everything just built up inside me and it had to come out.all the anger and emotion sheer joy and relief had me sobbing for hours through phone calls to my weans where i was a bubbling wreck and sitting outside in the garden greetin like a wee bairn.

I fuckin love you Rangers.no matter what i always will.great thread

No Surrender

Rab

Was lucky enough to be in the Rangers end in Fiorentina.

The game and Florence itself was an in and out job but we stayed for 3 days in a Villa in Tuscany (Pisa) and was an absolute blast. Easily one of the best trips I'd been on.

The cunt who managed the plot of land with the villa's was refusing to serve us drink the next day at the bar and refusing to honour the minibus booking to take us to the game from the resort because we drove other guests out their villa's in the middle of the night with our all night pool parties and sash bash .. ooopps :dx:

I was 17 and watched it in the house. When it went to penalties I went into the toilet, wrapped a towel roon my nut, bent down, faced mecca, and prayed.....nah in all honesty I went into the toilet and wrapped a towel round my head and made as much noise as possible so I didn't know what was going on. After what felt like about 15 mins, I left thinking the penalties would be done and I'd know our fate, only to have realised I'd only missed about 3 penalties ! I endured the last 5 or 6 pens then went off my fucking head ! 

What a night. Still get goosebumps even reading about that night. Wee Nacho with nerves of steel, watched it in the pub that my bus left from, they let me in because it was a special night. Was only 12 as well and I've never seen so many grown men crying