Where were you when we got through to the Uefa League Final in 2008?

HeHaw

Standing in the living room. I remember making a squealing noise when Vieri missed as i know what that meant. Then went Novo scored i was silent. Mum thought we had lost because i wasn't going mental :lol:

I was shaking with excitement with a big cheeser on my face for the rest of the night. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was living in Aberdeen at the time, screaming at the telly in the living room. Probably my greatest experience supporting Rangers, up there with the league decider at the piggery. Watched the final in Filthy McNasty in Aberdeen, always remember a scummy sheep fan wearing an Aberdeen top with Zenit printed on yhe back parading about as if it was his shitty mob that won the Cup!!

34 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Wish I could like that more than once.

Cheers mate. He lasted another 18 months or so. Didn't get to see us win the 3rd of 3 in a row. Cancer finished him off, which in a way was a blessing because he didn't suffer and dementia didn't really get as bad as it could have been.

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

Cheers mate. He lasted another 18 months or so. Didn't get to see us win the 3rd of 3 in a row. Cancer finished him off, which in a way was a blessing because he didn't suffer and dementia didn't really get as bad as it could have been.

Sorry to read that, glad you had that great moment with him.

6 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Sorry to read that, glad you had that great moment with him.

Cheers (tu)

People always say football brought me and the old man together, helped us bond or whatever but I say it wasn't football, it was Rangers.

Never forget the first time sitting with him and my cousin Scott watching us come back from 2 down against Marseilles.

Met Gary McSwegan years later in Clydebank as well and told him the story :lol:

4 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Cheers (tu)

People always say football brought me and the old man together, helped us bond or whatever but I say it wasn't football, it was Rangers.

Never forget the first time sitting with him and my cousin Scott watching us come back from 2 down against Marseilles.

That was another classic, remember sitting in my late granfathers living room watching that, must have been 13 at the time. Just remember choking on the air thick with woodbine smoke!

57 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Dragging my ex-girlfriends arse of a mountain in Nepal to get to the nearest town for the game. She wasn't happy, which probably explains the ex part.

As does the 'arse of a mountain'

10 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Cheers (tu)

These stories are why we are more than just a football club to many of us.its everything memories of loved ones pals made and nights out.

i sit in the Copland front and before every game I see the same guy kiss his hand and touch his dads stadium brick and it gets me every time 

I was there - what a day and night in florence  - hairs in my neck still stand up watching this. It was a shit view of the game in general but the penalties was a good view. What a feeling when the whole squad ran towards us and big Sasa led the celebrations thereafter. 

Incidentally the Fiorentina fans were amazing after the game

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D28t_On2i8lE&ved=0ahUKEwiJnK6DzcvPAhUCKcAKHaGmB24QtwIIJDAD&usg=AFQjCNHJFNMNW3rNXmFTQqeC7e3I6w3DCQ

Watched it in the house with my son, told him if we got through we were going to Manchester, whether we got tickets or not. When Nacho scored we were bouncing all over the living room, my wife and daughter just looked at us as if we were mad.

As it turned out I managed to get one ticket, I told my son he could have it but he insisted that I took it. We went down together, had a brilliant day then he watched it on the big screen with his mates.

22 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

Most of the lads were Rangers fans and we got crashed out as the game was starting we were fizzing as BFBS had it on. 

BFBS was pish when I was in the army, was listening to BFBS radio out in Cyprus last year, Defo got a lot better??

Left Cape Town on the Tuesday midday arrived in Heathrow at 7am and drove to Manchester - and met everyone there.  After the game drove back to London, had a few hours sleep at Heathrow then flew out at 7am back to Cape Town.  Back in the office for 7am on Friday morning.

WATP

Just now, Billythebear77 said:

BFBS was pish when I was in the army, was listening to BFBS radio out in Cyprus last year, Defo got a lot better??

It's a great service for lads in foreign countries plus they get all the soaps to keep the wives happy. It had 2 tv channels when I left.

Had my wee boy through from Edinburgh who had just turned 2 and me and him went down to Ma maws bit in Hamilton(eddlewood) and watched it together and had him dancing In my arms about the living room when nacho scored that penalty then we went out the back door and watched as someone or a group of people (I don't know) from up the road were setting fireworks off and the last 1 just lit up blue it looked brilliant. 

In my flat in Suzhou, China, it was about 6am (I'd set my alarm about 2.30am) and i woke the missus and wee one up with my shouts of Yes, nacho, ya dancer. They weren't impressed but I couldn't care less. A magic moment indeed. Went to work a couple of hours later buzzing.

I had a routine for the away games that year. 6 kronenberg  sitting with my two wee dogs. In my shorts and gers top on. Chilling out. Was not expecting much. Then when that goal went i went tonto  abaolutslt mental dogs ran for. Their lives. I debated whether to go to Manchester as i had a routine and i am very superstitious.  But I couldn't not go. I wish I would have stayed at home. We may have won it. Thats always in my head