The Defence

A hard fought win tonight with us picking up the 3 points and moving to level points in 2nd place.

What is worth noting is that it is another clean sheet for us.

Am I right in saying that we have conceded 10 goals this season, with 5 of those coming in the abomination of an old firm game? If so, this means that in the other 12 games, we have conceded only 5 goals.

The defence aint the greatest, its pretty poor, especially against the better teams in the league, but is it our biggest weakness?

I cant help but feel that we still have a problem up front. Waghorn just does not work out wide IMO. Dodoo if anything looks a better bet and god knows what happening with O'Halloran. We have all the possession in the world, but just dont carve out enough real chances.

In saying that, things are starting to look a little more rosy. Niko in particular looks like he is really coming onto a game.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Did you watch the ICT game, Kiernan (not a fan) was solid.

Yes I did. He has not idea how to position himself and does not know how to mark a player, most of ICT's attacks were due to the fact the man is completely brain dead when it comes to defending.

4 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Yes I did. He has not idea how to position himself and does not know how to mark a player, most of ICT's attacks were due to the fact the man is completely brain dead when it comes to defending.

Oky I get it he's a shite player so lets blame him for every defensive mistake even in a game where he performed well.  Fair summation?

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Oky I get it he's a shite player so lets blame him for every defensive mistake even in a game where he performed well.  Fair summation?

No, I'll blame him for every mistake he makes which just so happened to be pretty much all of them. He's in the top 5 worst centre backs I've ever saw pull on a Rangers top.

Really worry for us at the back against the scum, we looked poor at the back against Linfield never mind tonight, really don't know who I would play at the back against them.... they are a step up in pace and quality, up front, from anyone else in the league. Any decent young pacy centre backs we could throw in at the deep end? Ross McCrorie?

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

We're now in the era of micro analysis where every idiot thinks there a football manager.

That's a very fair point. Especially with the technology available today, and the ability to rewind, pause, upload every single bit of footage within seconds of the action taking place, it's so easy to over analyse every single piece of play. Of course we're not perfect but you could easily pick the bones out of mistakes, errors and things the Real Madrid's of this world could do a lot better....... 

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

That's a very fair point. Especially with the technology available today, and the ability to rewind, pause, upload every single bit of footage within seconds of the action taking place, it's so easy to over analyse every single piece of play. Of course we're not perfect but you could easily pick the bones out of mistakes, errors and things the Real Madrid's of this world could do a lot better....... 

We fixate on the negative and ignore the positive and wonder why we're fucking miserable (tu)