The Defence

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good result and the team worked their socks off . Kiernan unfortunately keeps loosing players and getting caught out of position . If he as not learned by now I don't think he will . We have just to keep our fingers crossed that the centre of defence hold out till the next transfer window . I hope some money is made available and we pick up a quality CB then . 

It is a weak point for us along with the lack of clear cut chances/finishing. I think our best 2 centre-backs are Hill and Wilson. At least its very slowly improving at the back. I think f Hill and Wilson starting next game get enough games together under their belt they will improve.

10 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Grammatically correct perhaps...not strong. Must try harder (tu)

Idiot wannabee football manager.

No no. A football manager's job description won't include being grammatically correct. Nor should it. But I would expect a strong knowledge of the Queen's English.

There their they're errors are just piss poor. Even for a Fifa 17 manager such as me. Which is why I don't make said errors, unlike.......

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

No no. A football manager's job description won't include being grammatically correct. Nor should it. But I would expect a strong knowledge of the Queen's English.

There their they're errors are just piss poor. Even for a Fifa 17 manager such as me. Which is why I don't make said errors, unlike.......

You're better than that...disappointed doh

In fact you're being a fud.

Hill and Wilson look the most solid partnership. Kiernan should only be playing in an emergency. The two free headers that ICT had tonight were from his poor marking.  If we had been playing anything half decent tonight then thats two goals. He cannot start against the tims.

if we give the tarriers the same amount of free headers as tonight and miss our goal scoring chances it's going to be a long day. but we done well to come away with the 3 points and our second clean sheet in a row.im not confident at all for Sunday but bring the tarrier bastards on its a cup game and anything can happen in a one off game.

Answering the OP's question, we are poor defensively but our defenders are not our biggest problem. Mostly it's the poor choices in the final third. The run or pass into the wrong area. Sometimes one footedness. Yes the manager has slow defenders that have to play wide apart but that's no the issue at set pieces & our vulnerability comes from losing the ball in attacking areas.

9 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Did you watch the ICT game, Kiernan (not a fan) was solid.

He might have had a reasonable game,Siddi, but he almost cost us a goal around the 3rd minute when he totally lost that big striker of theirs for a free header. He was about five fucking yards in front of the guy. plus the fact his positioning at set pieces is totally amateurish.

When he first joined us I thought he would go on to be a solid defender for us, but he's got a long way to go before I'm convinced.

All 3 are shite and not good enough . Kiernan could be solid for the next 5 games . He will still let us down when it matters ..Probably next weekend

The other two have been ok lately in games we expected to have all the pressure .

Wilson's howler against Sheep is still all too fresh in the memory

9 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Kiernan is aids. Wilson has been decent, Hill too.

Here’s a guy that’s got the confidence to do a cruyff turn in the SCSF against the taigs, yet now looks as if he hasn’t the confidence to play a ten yard pass.

Ok, his positioning’s shite but surely that can be coached.

Hill had a good solid game tonight, kiernan on the other hand beggars belief. The amount of times he stands off the striker when they at running towards goal is unreal (stoke's goal in the final), and he done it again tonight. So many free headers aswell at set pieces with him standing in no mans land. Sooner Wilson is back to partner Hill the better!

9 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

The defence has been criticised for months now about crosses into the box, tonight I would bet my left nut that we cleared more than double maybe even triple those we didn't clear. Wes was commanding as well, generally I thought we defended well tonight.

wes had a good game. The thing he is not though is commanding.