Ibrox Stadium Upgrade

saltire266

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo the only really way to anything at the moment is a third tier on the govan stand, with a debenture scheme similar to when the club deck was built so it cost the club minimal outlay. But I think you would struggle to get 5-7k fans who would sign up to it after what happened a few years ago.

Filling in the corners would be expensive due to the structural work required due to the goal post design of the stands.

The time to fill in the corners has been and gone, Murray put screens in instead of more seats as he was anticipating a beam back of away games to crowds of 35,000 a time.

Good to see the place rammed again and reminds me of the boost sourness gave us back in the day where the capacity was only about 36000,

As for safe standing I don't think this increases capacity as I'm sure the safety element is there is a seat space area per fan

Good to see the place rammed again and reminds me of the boost sourness gave us back in the day where the capacity was only about 36000,

As for safe standing I don't think this increases capacity as I'm sure the safety element is there is a seat space area per fan

Looking at the outside of the tattie dome on the news there and the work that's been done gets me thinking about the development outside Ibrox. Are we limited what we can do due to the road and football pitch outside the main stand?

I would suggest the club needs to be concerned about the surrounding area a little .Next to no help is being given from the corrupt GCC to tidy up the area around the ground .

A bit of pressure here while we haven't really started spending money would be a good move .

It's only asking for what these fuckpigs should be doing in the first place anyway .

I've always wanted us to turn the main stand into a goal end and build bigger main stands. Obviously that entails knocking down three stands and having to buy land and get building permission. The ground could easily be built to hold 90-110,000 which is more in line with what a club with a following like ours needs.

The Scottish league has been our main problem. Surely the time has come for clubs outside the top five leagues in Europe to come up with something new. We should be at the forefront of that.

Capacity when Souness arrived was 44:000.

This was the capacity when the three new stands were completed from 78-82.

IIRC the first time that capacity was reached was v Borrussia Dortmund in a 2-0 victory in 1982.

I've always wanted us to turn the main stand into a goal end and build bigger main stands. Obviously that entails knocking down three stands and having to buy land and get building permission. The ground could easily be built to hold 90-110,000 which is more in line with what a club with a following like ours needs.

The Scottish league has been our main problem. Surely the time has come for clubs outside the top five leagues in Europe to come up with something new. We should be at the forefront of that.

wow

just

wow

afdbd0a82a71673703fdeb2e41980e9c.gif

Capacity dropped thou when we were building the club deck.

That was in Souness' last season though, not when he arrived.

Anyway, both points are still valid. The capacity when Souness arrived was 44,000 but his arrival did instigate a leap in crowd size, demand for STs and expansion of the stadium.

what is the 'actual' capacity, bearing in mind the police need several columns of empty seats between us and away fans? is it about 48k? don't think we could fill it up to the 51k max, logistically speaking, right?

I dont necessarily agree that we have to ditch the Scottish leagues to attract a bigger crowd on a regular basis. I think that if we can keep up the brand of football we're playing right now, keep attracting quality players and provide entertaining football...obviously whilst winning the SPL and playing in the Champions League, then we should be able to fill Ibrox and +20k for the bigger games, 90k vs Septic, no doubt.

I'd love to believe one day, in my time, Rangers/Celtic would play in a better league, whether England or a Euro league, but I think we've had those options closed off for a few years now.

what is the 'actual' capacity, bearing in mind the police need several columns of empty seats between us and away fans? is it about 48k? don't think we could fill it up to the 51k max, logistically speaking, right?

I dont necessarily agree that we have to ditch the Scottish leagues to attract a bigger crowd on a regular basis. I think that if we can keep up the brand of football we're playing right now, keep attracting quality players and provide entertaining football...obviously whilst winning the SPL and playing in the Champions League, then we should be able to fill Ibrox and +20k for the bigger games, 90k vs Septic, no doubt.

I'd love to believe one day, in my time, Rangers/Celtic would play in a better league, whether England or a Euro league, but I think we've had those options closed off for a few years now.

If they get the entire Broomie it's about 50,500 I think, only 400 for segregation.

I'd reckon that's enough just now, but if we're constantly playing football like we are now I wouldn't rule out a bar 72 type extension on the copland and broomloan.

The gradient on the top tiers is different to the govan so not sure if possible but if it was I'd reckon it's the cheapest and most profitable route to expansion.

And, just like that, the drugs kicked in...

Untitled-1.gif

I want whatever the fuck you're on..

We maybe have other priorities at this moment in time. However I'd be disappointed if the board weren't looking at this as extra seats would mean that they could keep the ticket prices at a reasonable level, which would be a thank you to the loyal support of the fans especially all the shit we've had to put up with the last 3/4 years.

We maybe have other priorities at this moment in time. However I'd be disappointed if the board weren't looking at this as extra seats would mean that they could keep the ticket prices at a reasonable level, which would be a thank you to the loyal support of the fans especially all the shit we've had to put up with the last 3/4 years.

For me the reward is the football and our club back. If the ticket prices rise I know the money is going to the club and won't bat an eyelid

For me the reward is the football and our club back. If the ticket prices rise I know the money is going to the club and won't bat an eyelid

When we get promoted and take our rightful place at the top table of the Champions League our prices will go up, that's a given and I understand that. However as the demand for tickets goes up so will the prices and I'd rather we had a different strategy than what we had pre-admin as I remember we were paying £40+ for Champions League tickets. Also we'd end up pricing supporters out of the game as we need a new generation to start following us, cheaper tickets for kids would be an ideal scenario.

Get shot of the corner screens and put seats in .

Safe standing areas all round the lower tiers ..for those who say we dont need the capacity raised ? Just wait till Rangers are back in the SPL and qualify for Champs League ..