Liverpool Sign Danny Ings - Subject To Medical

Gaz52

While I think he is a good player, its just more of the same from Liverpool and Rodgers. If you keep buying players from the middle shelf, then thats where you will finish. Of course, you can sometimes uncover a real gem or players will grow with the task, but this is a very big gamble from a club that wants to be competing.. If Liverpool finish outside the top 4 for another couple of seasons then they will REALLY struggle to get players (they still have a bit of pull due to having many players that are fans) without paying way over the odds, which is something FSG just dont do.

Mid-table team in a few years unless they really get a grip.

It's totally dependent on how/if they spend money the rest of the Summer. Ings and Milner for an altogether minimal fee isn't horrendous business.

But it is if they're not going to spend money on quality, it's just hard to believe they'll be able to attract that type of quality.

They also need to get rid of some amount of shite in their squad, the majority of their signings over the last 5 years have been horrific. Suarez has saved their football Club from long standing mediocrity.

I reckon Balotelli will be off this summer, not for anywhere near the price they bought him right enough, maybe around £9m they'll get from him.

If they can keep Sturridge fit for the whole season then they have someone more than capable of banging in 20+ goals

Not keen on Liverpool, but I think those are two good signings they've made there. Ings is the kind of striker they need, strong, hard working and mobile. Fits into Rodgers's style of play, like Danny Graham did when he first went up with Swansea. Fits far better than than Balotelli does, who I reckon will be away to Italy this summer. Milner adds much needed physicality to the heart of their midfield, and he does everything well. He's also the type of solid yet unspectacular player that I love.

I don't think it was a fluke when they finished second, Rodgers had a system which at times was simply unstoppable but losing Suarez to Barca and then Sturridge to injury completely derailed that system, they kinda got it going again at some points last season but lack of cutting edge failed them. Along with a defence that really needs tightened up.

I don't think Ings & Milner will be the end of the transfers. I say it all the time but Javier Hernandez would be perfect for Liverpool

I see they're maybe bidding for Lavezzi, he's a good player who would add more quality but they need a couple of hard bastards at the back and in midfield

I wouldn't say they have a shite future, think of the money they'll get just from TV revenue alone, Anfield is a full house every time they play there,

And it's been a full house every time they've played there since the Premiership came into existence, it's never helped them win the league before..

• 3 weeks later...

Bacca going to Milan is a real missed opportunity for Liverpool.

Typical Rodgers though, rather go with unproven talent at the highest level in Ings than go for a proven European goalscorer in Bacca.

That's if Bacca would even be interested.

Hate Liverpool and that cock socket Rodgers but Firmino is some signing if a bit pricy.

If he and Coutinho can click and if Sturridge somehow keeps fit then that's a very dangerous attack. Stick ons to finish 5th IMO.