• Barry Ferguson
    • Craig Moore
    • Stefan Klos
    • Fernando Ricksen
    • David Weir
    • Steven Davis
    • Carlos Bocanegra
    • Lee Mcculloch

I don't see how people voted for bocanegra. He was at the club for a small period of time, he isn't a Rangers man either. I choose ricksen because for me he is what a Rangers captain should be, hotheaded passionate and a leader. Same as gough, fergie and amo. If I didn't see that documentary about ricksen and meet him since his illness I would have choose amo or fergie. I am a tad to young to have seen gough in his heyday

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Barry Ferguson as a player, but I don't think he was a great captain. Shouting and balling at all the young kids, which would be great if he'd also just put his arm around them now and again too.

Also think he tried to take over other players roles on the pitch, maybe to relieve pressure, maybe he didn't trust them, in my eyes it took away from his own game and stifled players around him.

Shame because I'm sure he meant well. Not a patch on gough, butcher and weir.... In that order.

butcher was a fantastic captain for us he would run through walls if he was asked but richard gough was just that bit better,solid at the back and gave 100% every game he played for us and stuck in the odd goal as well :thumbup: :thumbup:

No votes for Jig, then?

I do remember Gough and Butcher, and they have certainly been the best since Greig.

But this was your favourite Captain, and personally for me that has been Ferguson.

For many reasons, one actually being his stance over PLG.

Forget all the BoozeGate pish, completely blown out of proportion if you ask me.

I would have taken Ferguson as manager long before McCall, and one day I think Ferguson will return as manager.

No votes for Jig, then?

I do remember Gough and Butcher, and they have certainly been the best since Greig.

But this was your favourite Captain, and personally for me that has been Ferguson.

For many reasons, one actually being his stance over PLG.

Forget all the BoozeGate pish, completely blown out of proportion if you ask me.

I would have taken Ferguson as manager long before McCall, and one day I think Ferguson will return as manager.

Have you forgot he slapped in a transfer request for fuckin Blackburn ?

Ferguson gettin more votes than Weir :anguish:

Ferguson was a phenomenal footballer at one time. Bossed games against some of the best in the world.

Shame he let himself and the club down on a few occasions, and that he writes shite in the paper - would have been held in far higher regard otherwise.

Ferguson was a phenomenal footballer at one time. Bossed games against some of the best in the world.

Shame he let himself and the club down on a few occasions, and that he writes shite in the paper - would have been held in far higher regard otherwise.

Great player, no doubt. Great captain ? No chance. He led us to 1 league title in his 6 seasons as captain ffs and chased away a manager because he didn't get on with him. He was never a captain. He was a ned with talent.