• David Weir
    • Steven Davis
    • Carlos Bocanegra
    • Lee Mcculloch

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was between Barry, Weir & Gough, mostly due to my age as that's who I grew up with

Barry was my hero growing up, loved the guy and I think he edges it for me for that fact, and also he was the last Rangers captain to win a treble :D

Really tough call between Gough and Weir. I've voted for Weir. A watershed moment for me was a game against them where Davie had a terrible time against Hooper, his face was grey and he looked ill. Yet a short time later he was there lifting the League cup after beating them who were heavy favourites I recall. Also the song " we all dream of a team of Davie Weir's" sums the man up perfectly.

Naw it's bloody no. If you're too young to remember Gough, it's understandable to vote Weir, but if you're old enough to compare the two and come to the conclusion it's a tough call... cut it out, Alec. Gough's a class ahead of SDoW, much as I love him.

I'm starting to reach eejay levels of irritation here!

I have been fortunate enough to see some great Rangers captains, Shearer, Caldow, Baxter, Greig, Gough and Davie Weir all stand head and shoulders above the rest, Greig being the greatest of them all but King Richard just behind him.

Naw it's bloody no. If you're too young to remember Gough, it's understandable to vote Weir, but if you're old enough to compare the two and come to the conclusion it's a tough call... cut it out, Alec. Gough's a class ahead of SDoW, much as I love him.

I'm starting to reach eejay levels of irritation here!

Ha,ha wish I was too young to remember Gough. Was there there not a strong rumour Gough refused to play right back when asked, anyone else heard that one ? Just saying ?

Ha,ha wish I was too young to remember Gough. Was there there not a strong rumour Gough refused to play right back when asked, anyone else heard that one ? Just saying ?

Gough played right back for Utd and Scotland .Whats that got to do with the price of mince ?

Really pissin me off now, Alec. :mad:

No. He played right back a few times for us. He played there when he scored the last minute goal against the filth in what I assume is the year of your birth. Gough wasn't the type to refuse to play somewhere for Rangers. Had his issues with Craig Brown, but that's got nowt to do with Rangers!

Really pissin me off now, Alec. :mad:

No. He played right back a few times for us. He played there when he scored the last minute goal against the filth in what I assume is the year of your birth. Gough wasn't the type to refuse to play somewhere for Rangers. Had his issues with Craig Brown, but that's got nowt to do with Rangers!

Yep, fair point. I stand corrected.

Must admit between Gough and Butcher I have been pulled left right and center thinking on it. However went Butcher, not for his calling us a new club, but for being the England Captain at the time and joining our defence and helping to make us a force again in Scotland and Europe.

Gough was absolutely outstanding for us as well as a leader from the back, will probably change my mind in an hour....

I don't see how people voted for bocanegra. He was at the club for a small period of time, he isn't a Rangers man either. I choose ricksen because for me he is what a Rangers captain should be, hotheaded passionate and a leader. Same as gough, fergie and amo. If I didn't see that documentary about ricksen and meet him since his illness I would have choose amo or fergie. I am a tad to young to have seen gough in his heyday

Voted for Gough. Out of them all Laudrup then Amo were my favourites but as a Rangers captain most people over 25 will vote Gough. He was an incredible leader I will always remember him crying in his suit with the league trophy at Tannadice for 9iar.