Spfl Agrees Live Tv Deal For China

The Scottish Professional Football League has agreed a deal to show live Scottish football on mainstream television in China for the first time.

The deal, thought to be worth about £500,000 a year for three years, will make up to 55 Premiership matches available across TV, online and mobile.

It is part a deal struck in 2013 worth about £20m over 10 years.

SPFL matches are shown in a number of countries around the world, including Australia and the United States.

All 42 clubs will be made aware of the deal at a board meeting at Hampden on Monday.

http://bbc.in/1I5gMjG

3am kick-offs coming up, anything but ANYTHING to scratch a few quid out of it. Absolute embarassment of a company.

Don't think you get it mate, they'll only be getting games that will be Broadcast live in this Country, the Kick-Off times wont change from what SKY/BT already change it from, they'll just get tk watch it in China

It's only premiership clubs getting it, is it not?

they signed the deal last year yesterday's annoucment was as good as an update, as for your question mate, the money is distributed to the SPFL, there is no stand alone League now like the old SPL so there's no scope what so ever for the 12 Premiership clubs taking 100% of the money, I'd imagine it'll go something along the lines of 60% Prem, 25% Championship, 10% League One & 5% League Two

I'm sure I read thats how other combined funds are distributed throughout the Organisation

The Scottish Professional Football League has agreed a deal to show live Scottish football on mainstream television in China for the first time.

The deal, thought to be worth about £500,000 a year for three years, will make up to 55 Premiership matches available across TV, online and mobile.

It is part a deal struck in 2013 worth about £20m over 10 years.

SPFL matches are shown in a number of countries around the world, including Australia and the United States.

All 42 clubs will be made aware of the deal at a board meeting at Hampden on Monday.

http://bbc.in/1I5gMjG

So either the original announcement about the £20m deal was speculative, or the £500,000 a year from China story was a rehash to and make it look as if they've actually done something worth while for once. To put it into context they are boasting that they have sold a seasons worth of games to Chinese media for what would be the equivalent income from one decent turn out at Ibrox when the gate/refreshments are tallied up.

With the start of the new season just around the corner I see this announcement as a bit of smoke and mirrors to put some sort of positivity on what is really a poor financial out look for the game in Scotland. A situation that will not improve with the puppets in control of the game.