Rangers Will Play Liverpool

RFC55

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By Neil Smith

RANGERS can confirm today that Premiership giants Liverpool will travel to Ibrox Stadium on Tuesday, October 18 (kick off 7.30pm) to take part in a glamour friendly.

Kenny Dalglish's side are currently fifth in England's top league and the Anfield boss will bring a strong squad to Glasgow with international stars such as Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez, Stewart Downing and Andy Carroll all expected to feature on what is sure to be a special night of football.

The game, of course, will also see former Rangers players Charlie Adam and Danny Wilson return to Ibrox for the first time following their moves south of the border.

Defender Wilson, 19, who is in the current Scotland under-21 squad, switched to the Reds in July 2010 having forced his way in to the Gers first-team at the age of 17.

Adam, meanwhile, moved to Blackpool in February 2009 and in the space of two-and-a-half years he helped the Seasiders gain promotion to the Barclays Premier League and was one of seven nominees for the PFA Players' Player of the Year award last season.

In July Dalglish made a second attempt to take Adam to Liverpool and this time he was successful with Blackpool accepting a £7million fee for the Scotland midfielder.

Liverpool and Rangers last went to head to head, again in a friendly, on August 2, 2008 and the visitors won 4-0 with Fernando Torres, David N'Gog, Xavi Alonso and Yossi Benayoun on target.

Ally McCoist said: "We are delighted to confirm Liverpool will be heading to Ibrox in October.

"They are a fantastic club and their squad is packed with world class players so I have no doubt this game will capture the imagination of our supporters.

"We look forward to welcoming Charlie Adam and Danny Wilson back to Ibrox and I am sure the fans will turn out in huge numbers once again to watch us in action against such a high-profile English Premiership side."

Tickets are on sale from tomorrow (Wednesday, 5 October) to season and bond holders and on public sale in limited areas only. Public sale for all other areas starts Monday, 10 October. Adults £25, concessions £15 and kids just £5.

Season holders can purchase from the Rangers Ticket Centre, by calling 0871 702 1972 or by CLICKING HERE while public sale limited area tickets are available through the hotline and Rangers Ticket Centre. Season holder prices: Adults £20, concessions £12 and juveniles go free.

I'll go along, can't turn down the opportunity to witness Luis Suarez playing.

EDIT

Actually, thinking about it, I can't imagine any of their first XI regulars will be involved!

I think the players mentioned will have to play some part in the game barring injury as part of the deal,the games all about making money :disappointment:

People moaning should take a look at themselves...

We have no European Football this season, Whyte has already said we would be looking at other money making ventures.

Glamour friendlies generate ticket revenue AND international TV Coverage... £25 to see a Premiership team is not a lot of money.