• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• 0,,5%7E10753272,00.jpg

n

Wallace Pledges Future To Gers

Tue, Jun 26, 2012

Tweet LEE WALLACE has told Rangers it will be business as usual when he returns to training on Thursday.

The left back told Chief Executive Charles Green yesterday there is no question of him leaving Ibrox and he will report back for pre-season training at Murray Park later this week.

Lee, who was Ally McCoist's second signing last summer and joins Lee McCulloch in pledging his future to Rangers, said: "When I arrived at Ibrox the support from the Club, players and fans was fantastic.

"The fans showed great faith in us all during tough times and I still feel I have more to show them during the remainder of my contract.

"My partner is expecting our first baby soon and my priority is to my family.

"This gives me the incentive to improve my performance and ultimately win trophies.

"My personal decision in no way condemns or judges those made by my fellow professionals as I believe each person has different circumstances and reasons which will determine the road they choose to travel at this particular time.

"I respect the decision taken by each individual player."

http://www.rangers.c...article/2822452

Whilst this is good news I am still cautious about the players' situation. They are in a win win scenario. They can stay, like Wallace, and keep their previous wage. If we drop divisions, as looks likely, their wage will have to be cut and they can walk away for nothing claiming breach of contract. Makes Naismith's decision all the more bizarre.