Lord Nimmo Smith - Rangers Same Club

TMB

I've read quotes from Charles Green saying Lord Nimmo Smith stated we are the same club since 1872. But I never saw it! Can someone please provide me with a quote not from Green but from Lord Nimmo Smith stating we are the same club since 1872?

I'm arguing with a taig on Twitter (@JBr1977) and want to stick it up the cunt.

I've read quotes from Charles Green saying Lord Nimmo Smith stated we are the same club since 1872. But I never saw it! Can someone please provide me with a quote not from Green but from Lord Nimmo Smith stating we are the same club since 1872?

Rangers FC by "THE RT HON LORD NIMMO SMITH"

It will be recalled that in Article 2 "Club" is defined in terms of "the undertaking of an association football club", and in Rule I1 it is defined in terms of an association football club which is, for the time being, eligible to participate in the League, and includes the owner and operator of such Club. Taking these definitions together, the SPL and its members have provided, by contract, that a Club is an undertaking which is capable of being owned and operated. While it no doubtdepends on individual circumstances what exactly is comprised in the undertaking of any particular Club, it would at the least comprise its name, the contracts with its players, its manager and other staff, and its ground, even though these may change from time to time. In common speech a Club is treated as a recognisable entity which is capable of being owned and operated, and which continues in existence despite its transfer to another owner and operator. In legal terms, it appears to us to be no different from any other undertaking which is capable of being carried on, bought and sold. This is not to say that a Club has legal personality, separate from and additional to the legal personality of its owner and operator. We are satisfied that it does not, and Mr McKenzie did not seek to argue otherwise.

Source:

THE SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE LIMITED

REASONS for Decision dated 12 September 2012

By THE RT HON LORD NIMMO SMITH,

NICHOLAS STEWART QC

And CHARLES FLINT QC

The Commission appointed by Resolution of the Board of Directors of the Scottish Premier League Limited dated 1 August 2012 in relation to RFC 2012 Plc and Rangers FC.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-three/newco-rangers-must-answer-oldco-charges-insists-commission-chief-1-2542646?

can i ask if you know this person or if you are just arguing with a random?

Rangers FC by "THE RT HON LORD NIMMO SMITH"

It will be recalled that in Article 2 "Club" is defined in terms of "the undertaking of an association football club", and in Rule I1 it is defined in terms of an association football club which is, for the time being, eligible to participate in the League, and includes the owner and operator of such Club. Taking these definitions together, the SPL and its members have provided, by contract, that a Club is an undertaking which is capable of being owned and operated. While it no doubt depends on individual circumstances what exactly is comprised in the undertaking of any particular Club, it would at the least comprise its name, the contracts with its players, its manager and other staff, and its ground, even though these may change from time to time. In common speech a Club is treated as a recognisable entity which is capable of being owned and operated, and which continues in existence despite its transfer to another owner and operator. In legal terms, it appears to us to be no different from any other undertaking which is capable of being carried on, bought and sold. This is not to say that a Club has legal personality, separate from and additional to the legal personality of its owner and operator. We are satisfied that it does not, and Mr McKenzie did not seek to argue otherwise.

Have a look here http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=239015

On 14 June 2012 a newly incorporated company, Sevco Scotland Limited, purchased substantially all the business and assets of Oldco, including Rangers FC, by entering into an asset sale and purchase agreement with the joint administrators. The name of Sevco Scotland Limited was subsequently changed to The Rangers Football Club Limited. We shall refer to this company as Newco.

[7] Newco was not admitted to membership of the SPL. Instead it became the operator of Rangers FC within the Third Division of the Scottish Football League ("the SFL").

source: http://www.scotprem....tember 2012.doc

Edit: just noticed the goal machine has provided the link a few posts up.

The Scotsman 23.9.2012.

Nimmo Smith has explained why, contrary to the claims of Rangers chief executive Charles Green, he believes “oldco” Rangers and the current Rangers FC represent one entity and thus still fall within the SPL’s jurisdiction. Green and Rangers believe that, as their “newco” is not and never has been a member of the SPL, the appointed commission has no jurisdiction over it. But Nimmo Smith has countered that view.

“It is the club, not the owner, who plays in the league,” he said. “The rules clearly contemplate sanctions upon a club, in distinction to upon the owner or operator. That power must continue to apply, even if the owner at the time of [any] breach of rules has ceased to be a member of the SPL and its undertaking has passed to another owner or operator.”

I will take on any cunt and every cunt in defense of my club. I have a couple thousand posts on here and about four thousand on DoTheBouncy. Yes, I even argue with random taigs on Twitter because I laugh at their obsession, and nothing hammers home their stupidity than hard facts.

What?

I will take on any cunt and every cunt in defense of my club. I have a couple thousand posts on here and about four thousand on DoTheBouncy. Yes, I even argue with random taigs on Twitter because I laugh at their obsession, and nothing hammers home their stupidity than hard facts.

You are getting a hard on over this aren't you?

I cant actualy take credit for that quote, some guy said it on here a while ago about his taig mate and its a bit of a running joke :D

I know mate, I remember the thread well. :lol:

In fact, I'm off to read through it now :lol:!!