There For The Taking.

EKtrueBlue

Honest opinion of the game. They where there for the taking today. If we had a decent fight in us we could've turned them over. Conceding early hurt us and we never really got going.typical rangers performance from this season, no desire.

We did really gift them the goals and have nothing to blame other than ourselves,

That said, despite their many advantages, they actually struggled to completely open up our very poor defence.

Even their second should have been stopped as McCulloch was tripped by Brown when trying to block Commons.

They are not great, and we should have done better, by not shooting ourselves in the foot.

Nonetheless, we need at least 4 or 5 good players to add to what can be salvaged from the squad and youths.

Was disappointed Templeton didn't get a start or even a sub appearance late on, which may have suited him.

We won't need to spend tens of millions to catch up.

Been arguing this point for a few hours. I am totally convinced with a decent coaching team...we'd be no more than £5m worth of players away from competing with them.

They have regressed so much in the last 3 years it's frightening.

I thought Celtic looked comfortable throughout and could step it up a gear if needed. I feel if Lennon was still manager today could of been embarrassing, as the bigoted one would of been gunning for humiliation.

They aren't very good though, and at their poorest IMO since Barnes. We could compete with them for not much money, some stability and a proper management set up.

This sums up my thoughts perfectly. Propert management team and £5m investment to the team and I am totally convinced we'd be able to compete. They have two players I'd say were a cut above the rest. Very ordinary.

Today gives me a lift. 2-0? We were taking that off them and worse when we beat them in the League.

The only team to make Ricky Foster look good, and for a team so pumped up Alloa have caused us more problems.

Getting shot of half the team who are out of contract and a bit of investment and challenging them won't be too much.

That mob aren't as good as they were in 2012 when we last played them but they're miles and miles in front of us, despite how far they've regressed in the last 3 years it could have been 3/4 at half time and the second half was even worse, watching them stroll about in 2nd gear not really giving a fuck to cut the head of the snake made it even more cringey.

Anytime we lose an OF game these conversations happen, this time its ridiculous and too far fetched though.

it'll be about 3 years before we'll realistically challenge them, thats a long long time to keep the fans

If thats the best they have to offer god help them when we get our act together.

They really are a piss poor outfit and their standard has dropped as has their fans expectations. Wont take much to beat them you only have to see the diddies that have done so this season.

Guy behind me was saying this, ( ended up going after much deliberation) but perspective time, they will spend in the summer, it won't be THAT team we face in years to come,

But if circumstances change and we can get the Right players...who knows.

BTW if anyone Was in South stand upper.... Well done, atmosphere was terrific! IVe no voice left

Jig will cringe watching that back, he`s no CH thats a certainty.

Overall, was glad to hear the half time whistle, no one near Miller in the first and 2 sitting mid fielders was always going to have us playing too deep to get in about them, I basically think we paid them way too much respect, Miller and Daly should have started as it showed it was too comfortable for them in the first half but we got a bit closer after half time.

If we`re shite, then they're no much better.

Compared to us they:

1) Competed better

2) Made fewer mistakes

3) Took their chances.

There's not a huge level of difference between each divisions of a league, but those three things above are the most crucial to success when it comes to playing at any level.

It's more than a gap than the current team are able to match, but would improve immensely with confident aggressive management and a few good players.

The ball is now firmly back with our board to allow this to happen.

there is a big gap - they cantered it and we never threatened them. But its certainly not an insurmountable gap with some better players. A lot of their possession was possession we let them have in their half or just in ours.

I dont see cellic as our yardstick at the moment to be honest. Our primary goal is getting out of this fucking league.

Agee they are a stronger team but we had a chance today and even with the team we have if we would've put in our best performance we could of beat them. The players looked nervous and as if they where expecting a beating. Far too much respect shown.

Agee they are a stronger team but we had a chance today and even with the team we have if we would've put in our best performance we could of beat them. The players looked nervous and as if they where expecting a beating. Far too much respect shown.

I don't think we looked nervous at all. It looked like we had a game plan of containment. After 10 minutes that became irrelevant, and yet we kept to that one game plan. That was odd.

Honest opinion of the game. They where there for the taking today. If we had a decent fight in us we could've turned them over. Conceding early hurt us and we never really got going.typical rangers performance from this season, no desire.

They might of been there for the taking but if we cannot have one shot on goal it kinda makes the argument pointless as i'd imagine on Celtic forums they will be saying they should of scored 10.

There for thew taking? Perhaps.

By us? No chance.

If you went in to this game thinking we had a chance you're kidding yourself on. Haven't you seen us playing recently?