Poor Journalism Or Institutional Hatred?

e99e1f.png

It’s an interesting tweet from Jane Lewis. At its heart of course is an inference that we Rangers supporters will view any action, from a completely distorted viewpoint, which suggests a hatred of our club. Not so much “Reds” but certainly a McCarthyesque like “Rangers haters under the bed”.

Jane Lewis works for a publicly funded media organisation which falsified the editing on an interview with the then Rangers manager, Ally McCoist, to present a completely different response to that which he offered, regarding a question about sectarianism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18169502

Jane Lewis works for an organisation which sought to compare Rangers use of EBT’s with the Marseille match fixing scandals of 1994.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18169502

The latter link as you can see is still live, despite the result of 2 Tax Tribunals.

Jane Lewis works for an organisation which continually breached its guidelines on accuracy with regard to its description of Rangers, despite numerous complaints being escalated through various tiers of management at Pacific Quay.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22951447

Perhaps Jane even remembers her BBC colleague Nicky Campbell suggesting the attack on the then Celtic manager Neil Lennon, may have been perpetrated by “A Rangers fan disguised as a Hearts supporter”

Or does she think that the BBC Scotland footage depicting Ally McCoist falling to his death before a cup tie was really a “creative attempt to set up the clash between Motherwell and Rangers.”

The fact that some of the criticism came from out with the Rangers community, should have served as a suitable signpost.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/bbc-crossed-the-line-with-spoof-of-ally-1350077

BBC Scotland presenters don’t like to be exposed for “sticking the boot into Rangers” as this recent interview with Tom English, Jim Spence and John Brown illustrates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/32806513

The comments by Jim Spence at 05:13 into the discussion are particularly interesting, where he suggests that “you usually find when you ask a question John, people mounted campaigns to have you sacked” It’s the kind of revisionism which has been allowed to go unchallenged for far too long.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/bbc-presenter-exonerated-over-rangers-comments.23841729

Allow me to re-phrase that for you Jim. Its not unusual to find, when you try to be a smart arse, and usurp not only the previous rulings of the BBC Trust regarding guidelines on accuracy, but also the rulings of the football authorities such as UEFA, FIFA, ECA, and the SFA, then you may find yourself, quite rightly, the subject of complaints.

Unfavourable documentaries, unsavoury “creative” tone setting, untruthful and misleading editing of interviews. Refusal to adhere to the organisations guidelines on accuracy, refusal to accept the ruling and authority of football’s governing bodies, both at home and abroad.

Is it really just poor journalism by this organisation or is it symptomatic of an institutional hatred towards our club ?

Think even the Bears in the media are appeasing to the unwashed and Rangers haters. It's as if it's bad to support Rangers and somehow toxic.

Didn`t even Stuart Cosgrove admit that in the bbc it`s seen as fashionable to support Celtic? Or words to that effect.

Didn`t even Stuart Cosgrove admit that in the bbc it`s seen as fashionable to support Celtic? Or words to that effect.

And Archie McPherson said there was an institutional bias against Rangers in the company. Heard someone saw that most of the media students are taigs as well just to add to their propaganda machine. Jim Spence outed himself a couple of weeks ago that he was a tim with a soft spot for Dundee United.

Good post Dar't.

The last FIVE words of your last sentence must be the answer D'art, as I for one cannot see it as any form of "Journalism" that in any way is a neutral or even an impartial point of view on any of the subjects you have outlined.

It has also escalated since we were unceremoniously ousted from the SPL, and is now becoming standard practice, possibly even an accepted entry into sports journalism, as you only need to denounce The Rangers and you will be accepted into the coven.

So for me it has become Institutionalised now, and is no longer kept for "Private conversations", but widely acknowledged as common practice, as it comes from the top of these institutions and the hirelings obey to cowardly survive.

We need to become a force again, that is the only way we will be able to subdue their outright self serving diatribe, only when we are back on top will we be able to curtail the bigotry that openly oozes from their pores, as right now, these cowards are only capable of feeding off us because we are not in a position of strength, once that situation is reversed they no longer have that ability, as all cowards fear strength ...... that is their weakness.

:uk:

Good post Dar't.

The last FIVE words of your last sentence must be the answer D'art, as I for one cannot see it as any form of "Journalism" that in any way is a neutral or even an impartial point of view on any of the subjects you have outlined.

It has also escalated since we were unceremoniously ousted from the SPL, and is now becoming standard practice, possibly even an accepted entry into sports journalism, as you only need to denounce The Rangers and you will be accepted into the coven.

So for me it has become Institutionalised now, and is no longer kept for "Private conversations", but widely acknowledged as common practice, as it comes from the top of these institutions and the hirelings obey to cowardly survive.

We need to become a force again, that is the only way we will be able to subdue their outright self serving diatribe, only when we are back on top will we be able to curtail the bigotry that openly oozes from their pores, as right now, these cowards are only capable of feeding off us because we are not in a position of strength, once that situation is reversed they no longer have that ability, as all cowards fear strength ...... that is their weakness.

:uk:

BH

I think when you are faced with such a catalogue of consistent digs against our club, then it becomes difficult to draw any other conclusion.

One of the facets of the Macpherson Report into the Stephen Lawrence enquiry was that many of the Senior Met Officers were actually oblivious and genuinely unaware that racism within their force had become institutional.

We all know the BBC are a bigoted and bias organisation and Rangers should have nothing to do with them. When we are back in Europe they should be told they are not welcome to any press conferences and they should focus on their favourite club- Septic.

I personally believe it goes way further than the bbc, just look at the protests against the Orange Fest this Sat................

IMO they have already taken over our Country and we have sat back and let them (tu)

I certainly think that aspect compounds the issue NR.

On a related subject, I take it there's no way to hear the John Brown interview with English and Spence last month again? The podcast is gone and there's only an abbreviated version on the BBC website that stops when it sounds like it's getting juicy. I missed it the first time.

Poor Journalism Or Institutional Hatred?.......

Are the editors own political and football views blocking a positive Rangers stories?

Imo, Rangers stories are a cash cow for lazy journalist, the more negative the story the better the pay day. But in saying that, the onus is on the editor who says yes or no to it being printed.

The institionalised hatred really hits a raw nerve with me. Please don't ridicule me, but I'm wondering what your perspectives would be on something like an individual (or mass) withholding of licence fee? Or some sort of class action? The legal side of this isn't something I pretend to be educated in, but this particular one hurts as I come from a previous position of supporting the BBC (and therefore licence fee) for being an independant* source of mass media and news.

*by independant I mean neither state nor privately sponsored

I certainly think that aspect compounds the issue NR.

A new tactic is quoting fictional hearsay

A rather disgusting example from about 6 weeks ago, Off The Ball, cosgroves piece

"I have friends who are in positions of authority, solicitors, accountants, police superintendent etc who are Rangers fans"

"Due to the financial irregularities and scandals at the club they will never return to Ibrox as they would deem it immoral "

No names mentioned, Just getting his point across that "Decent" life long Rangers men are so repulsed by the clubs actions.