***The Official Rangers v Celtc Thread***

Muff

IMO..play the same team we have been playing recently, (I.e Boyd and Velicka, Smith at LM etc) then stick your house on a 0-0 or possibly even 0-1 defeat. That team doesnt have enough urgency and guille to break celtc down and the long balls up to Boyd and him collapsing every 2 minutes will play right into their hands. Mendes and Davis will struggle to get on the ball as per usual...Stevie Smith will try and cross the ball as soon as he is over the halfway line..and it will be a dire dire DIRE football match that we will not score in, and they are always a threat from set plays.

However, if we play people with the heart and the passion for a fight and have pace and good technical ability, we will win, as they are there for the taking. Start with Novo, go with Lafferty as well... get Mendes Davis and Edu in the centre of midfield making things happen and getting in their faces from the off. The last 3 old firm games we have been stale and predictable, if we go with what we have been going with recently (all be it we have been winning, but very very tight games) it will also be stale and predictable and we will get caught out IMO.

We need to change it, its on US to do the attacking, WE are at home...WE are the ones that are a point behind these fuckers, we need to turn up the heat and get wired right in about them and show how much we want this league.

Go with a negative line up and play defensively hoping to win 1-0 won't work, and we will get what we deserve as this lot are a step up from what we normally play , even though they are rank rotten themselves.

This sounds like a plan.

Lets get into the mhanks.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Team :

:alexander:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :ssmith:

:davis: :edu: :mendes: :lafferty:

:velicka: :boyd:

Walters :

:dailly: :weir: :bougherra: :whittaker:

:davis: :edu: :mendes: :ssmith:

:velicka: :boyd:

I've got a feeling we'll see this.

_____________Alexander____________

Dailly___Bougherra___Weir___Whittaker

Davis____Mendes_____Edu_____Smith

______Boyd____Lafferty or Miller_______

I reckon Smith will go with:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:mcculloch:

:davis: :edu: :mendes: :lafferty:

:miller:

concur with that!

resulting in a 3-0 win! and either caldwell or jan vinegar of castlemilk sent off!

geeeeet intae these fenian bead rattling f*ckers

Oh how I would love to see:

:mcgregor:

:whittaker::bougherra::weir::papac:

:davis::edu::ssmith:

:novo::boyd::lafferty:

My reasoning:

I prefer McShagger in for his OF experience, and while I've been saying I want Velicka to start, on reflection Novo tends to hurt Celtic. Boyd has everything to prove, and Lafferty needs to start given he's our best striker.

I feel our midfield would be hard working as well as creative enough, and Mendes just hasn't done it for ages.

I don't want to even dare think about this, but the reality will hit home tomorrow if we lose.

i hope the the bears in the stadium and the bears who pull on the top tomorrow lunch time are fired up, win we go 2 point clear lose and its 5 points for them and a draw is no use.

i beg of you *smith and co* please get it right

My reasoning:

I prefer McShagger in for his OF experience, and while I've been saying I want Velicka to start, on reflection Novo tends to hurt Celtic. Boyd has everything to prove, and Lafferty needs to start given he's our best striker.

I feel our midfield would be hard working as well as creative enough, and Mendes just hasn't done it for ages.

That midfield would get murdered Danny.

I can't believe you would think about dropping Mendes for this game. He's not been at his best recently, but he's still been playing well and has been our best midfielder outwith Edu.

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :ssmith:

:edu:

:davis: :mendes:

:novo: :boyd: :velicka:

This would be my team, however i know it will never happen since all the players are playing in their natural position. I think we should really go at them and go all out for the win. If Walter goes for his usual bullshit negative tactics 4-5-1, there will be little chance of us winning later today. Also there is no way he should drop either Velicka or Boyd, they are one of the main reasons why we have won the last 6 games. Its nice to see that we have had 2 guys up front who can actually score goals for a change. I'd keep Miller and Laferty for later in the game when their defence is tiring.

My reasoning:

Agreed, apart from playing fantastic parts in our goals against falkirk, st mirren, winning a pen v motherwell, delivering a corner for the goal against hibs, and starting and playing a great part in our 2nd goal againts hearts at the weekend, he has done nothing AT ALL in 5 consecutive league games

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :ssmith:

:edu:

:davis: :mendes:

:novo: :boyd: :velicka:

This would be my team, however i know it will never happen since all the players are playing in their natural position. I think we should really go at them and go all out for the win. If Walter goes for his usual bullshit negative tactics 4-5-1, there will be little chance of us winning later today. Also there is no way he should drop either Velicka or Boyd, they are one of the main reasons why we have won the last 6 games. Its nice to see that we have had 2 guys up front who can actually score goals for a change. I'd keep Miller and Laferty for later in the game when their defence is tiring.

tht is a very narrow team, i cant say id be tht pleased to see it rli