Golf

kplfishtank

3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

You actually heard his caddy telling him to take the green on as we’ll prob because he knows his chipping is awful 

Honestly mate, could not care as long as it fucks with his timmy caddy's income. He is a regular hh sign off when he is on Alan brazils show. 

6 hours ago, GT66 said:

Anyone had clubs reshafted? How much am I looking at? Clubs are 9 iron graphite shaft , cant remember the make of the shaft, 5 wood is matrix, Driver is the same. 

Paying for the new shaft is the most expensive, most pros will do the fitting free is buying the shaft,

Depends if you want a like for like or you want a shaft specific to you and your swing. 

Hard to put a price ad it’s quite a unique thing.

5 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Paying for the new shaft is the most expensive, most pros will do the fitting free is buying the shaft,

Depends if you want a like for like or you want a shaft specific to you and your swing. 

Hard to put a price ad it’s quite a unique thing.

Cheers.

Need to be more careful throwing stuff in the boot.

Absolutely gutting about to tee off and your driver head flops to the ground 

34 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Net 71 and buffers for me today.

Lanark is playing fast and tough, anything off the fairway is a provisional and a hack out and take your punishment.

Amazing way to play though, makes you think about every shot.

Well played if it's that punishing. Golf should be a game of skill for sure but if you're a big hitter then being off the fairways should not be so much of a penalty. I started my golfing on a links course and a club length off target and you were fucked. Not enjoyable and limited  the risk and reward.

2 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Well played if it's that punishing. Golf should be a game of skill for sure but if you're a big hitter then being off the fairways should not be so much of a penalty. I started my golfing on a links course and a club length off target and you were fucked. Not enjoyable and limited  the risk and reward.

We are pretty much an inland links course of sorts. Firm, running and punishing if you stray off the beaten track.

Love these conditions, actually played quite well today, but two silly shots cost me double and they hurt your card.

Got DQ at the 3rd today.

3 rd hole I blocked it way right it hit a tree solid but it’s pretty bare so you find your ball 99 times out a hundred. So got down can’t see it (hadn’t timed myself no idea if it was 5 mins or not) said to the guy I was playing with I would go back and hit another ( he convinced me to go back) and if he could keep looking just as I was addressing the ball he whistled on me (I just hit the ball anyway) to say he had found it was actually on the left side of the fairway the bounce of the tree has bounced it about 50 yards in the opposite direction towards the fairway so I just went and played my original ball thought nothing of it. So got round to the 7th and the guy on the 8th was on the 7th fairway (2 games ahead) and said to me when I hit my provisional you have declared your first ball lost (I never declared anything lost) so can’t go back to your original ball. I get on well with the guy that told me this but the guy he was playing with who I think would have mentioned it to him is the biggest cheat I know at the place and is a prick. He cheated two of my mates out a doubles thing and my mate was going to lamp him. My dad was out with him and his boy in a medal and he was marking his boys golf ball with a sharpie my da found his balls boy in the trees and his dad came in and said that’s not his with the exact same pen marks, he was also lining his boy up off the tee and telling him where to hit putts. The guy that told me on the 7th didn’t mention the 5 minutes thing I don’t know if I was 5 minutes, when I said to the pro he mentioned the 5 minute thing then after it said in the club championship last week he was watching someone and they were looking for the ball for 6 and a half minutes then he found it and played on normal and nothing was said. Now a can’t say if I was 5 minutes or over as I don’t know. Would have walked off at the 8th if I was in a 3 ball but the guy a was playing with was brand knew and wouldn’t leave him himself. Ano it’s a long story just pissed off with golf the now. 

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Got DQ at the 3rd today.

anyone played Colville Park ? 

3 rd hole I blocked it way right it hit a tree solid but it’s pretty bare so you find your ball 99 times out a hundred. So got down can’t see it (hadn’t timed myself no idea if it was 5 mins or not) said to the guy I was playing with I would go back and hit another ( he convinced me to go back) and if he could keep looking just as I was addressing the ball he whistled on me (I just hit the ball anyway) to say he had found it was actually on the left side of the fairway the bounce of the tree has bounced it about 50 yards in the opposite direction towards the fairway so I just went and played my original ball thought nothing of it. So got round to the 7th and the guy on the 8th was on the 7th fairway (2 games ahead) and said to me when I hit my provisional you have declared your first ball lost (I never declared anything lost) so can’t go back to your original ball. I get on well with the guy that told me this but the guy he was playing with who I think would have mentioned it to him is the biggest cheat I know at the place and is a prick. He cheated two of my mates out a doubles thing and my mate was going to lamp him. My dad was out with him and his boy in a medal and he was marking his boys golf ball with a sharpie my da found his balls boy in the trees and his dad came in and said that’s not his with the exact same pen marks, he was also lining his boy up off the tee and telling him where to hit putts. The guy that told me on the 7th didn’t mention the 5 minutes thing I don’t know if I was 5 minutes, when I said to the pro he mentioned the 5 minute thing then after it said in the club championship last week he was watching someone and they were looking for the ball for 6 and a half minutes then he found it and played on normal and nothing was said. Now a can’t say if I was 5 minutes or over as I don’t know. Would have walked off at the 8th if I was in a 3 ball but the guy a was playing with was brand knew and wouldn’t leave him himself. Ano it’s a long story just pissed off with golf the now. 

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/videos/rules/golfs-rules-myths-declaring-your-ball-lost

Your biggest issue here mate is you never played a provisional.

Once the 5 mins has ran its course you would know it’s lost and play the provisional.

My understanding and interpretation is that you going back to the tee is in essence declaring the ball lost and at that point even if found it can’t be played.

Should that not be the case you could have looked for 5 and then say your partner had another 1-2 mins meaning an unfair advantage had been gained in terms of the time.

The lesson to be learned, always play a provisional ball. It should be done by all golfers as would save so much time in rounds.

17 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/videos/rules/golfs-rules-myths-declaring-your-ball-lost

Once the 5 mins has ran its course you would know it’s lost and play the provisional.

My understanding and interpretation is that you going back to the tee is in essence declaring the ball lost and at that point even if found it can’t be played.

Should that not be the case you could have looked for 5 and then say your partner had another 1-2 mins meaning an unfair advantage had been gained in terms of the time.

The lesson to be learned, always play a provisional ball. It should be done by all golfers as would save so much time in rounds.

My understanding of the rule as well. 

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Ano mate felt like a tool not hitting a provisional and going back. 

18 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Chuffed, results just through. I thought I’d hit buffer, CSS was 72 so I’ve got another wee 0.2 cut.

Started season at 11.7, down to 8.9 already. 

Reckon can get to 7 by end of season way I’m going.

Playing well mate am just struggling not got 2 swings the same and struggling to compose myself.