Golf

kplfishtank

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Course is playing so much shorter, but not any easier. 

Centre of the fairway is key from the tee, Cushy, the hard bounces can carry the ball into the shit. Plus any chance of control is lost when off the fairway. 

Can't just stand up and blast a driver. 

4 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Centre of the fairway is key from the tee, Cushy, the hard bounces can carry the ball into the shit. Plus any chance of control is lost when off the fairway. 

He who place tee shot with accuracy shall win over brut force and ignorance. ?

1 minute ago, Professor_Chang said:

Any one played golf in Thailand?  Over there just now looking for any good websites etc to use,

Played a few courses around Bangkok and Hua Hin mate. I f you're in Bangkok give us a shout and I'll get the info you need. I'm a member at Thana city.

2 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Played a few courses around Bangkok and Hua Hin mate. I f you're in Bangkok give us a shout and I'll get the info you need. I'm a member at Thana city.

I am going to Bangkok in a weeks time.  Any advice/help would be great.  Thanks

1 hour ago, Professor_Chang said:

I am going to Bangkok in a weeks time.  Any advice/help would be great.  Thanks

No bother mate, drop me a line when you're here and where you're going to be and I'll catch up with you.

15 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

I tend to be accurate but not long off the tee. 

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I find indecision a big problem in these conditions when hitting these shots cushy

yup. what club, how hard to hit it,  fly it in or bump it. You've got to commit to the shot you choose if you don't, it goes pear-shaped. done it so many times.

7 hours ago, cushynumber said:

yup. what club, how hard to hit it,  fly it in or bump it. You've got to commit to the shot you choose if you don't, it goes pear-shaped. done it so many times.

3/4 club and 3/4 swing with open body

16 hours ago, cushynumber said:

playing a lot of these little half hit lob wedges at the moment on the course. Its not a shot I normally play on my course a lot, but the course has shortened so much it's all wee 40/50 yard pitches trying to get close for your 2nd.

I was playing bump and runs from 70 yards with a hybrid at the weekend.

One holee had 164 in and hit wedge about 115 and it bounced to centre of green. 

Fucking witchcraft.

On 10/07/2018 at 11:58, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I was playing bump and runs from 70 yards with a hybrid at the weekend.

One holee had 164 in and hit wedge about 115 and it bounced to centre of green. 

Fucking witchcraft.

Our course, which is parkland, is playing like a links course, 150 yd par 3 I’ve been hitting a wedge and hoping I get a good bounce  for the last 40yards. Still I beat the club captain in a semi last night and I’ve got another quarter final coming up. Been a while since I had my name in gold on the board?

So fitting all done and new driver in the bag. Trackman is bloody great fun. Best for me in terms of consistency was the callaway XR Speed, pipping the Rogue, Epic and M4 drivers. 

Gone from 9 degree 60g stiff shaft to be fitted with 10.5 degree loft, 65g shaft, set to slight draw bias.

Callaway XR Speed with project X easy flow stiff shaft. 

Trackman had my swing speed averaging out at 94.7 mph, carry average 225.8 yards and with a much more penetrating flight was getting great roll out too.

EE2A8435-B4B5-4552-9F16-10BD85BBC405.jpeg

B9BDC2B3-3CE3-4970-8428-595DE6FB51A4.png

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So fitting all done and new driver in the bag. Trackman is bloody great fun. Best for me in terms of consistency was the callaway XR Speed, pipping the Rogue, Epic and M4 drivers. 

Gone from 9 degree 60g stiff shaft to be fitted with 10.5 degree loft, 65g shaft, set to slight draw bias.

Callaway XR Speed with project X easy flow stiff shaft. 

Trackman had my swing speed averaging out at 94.7 mph, carry average 225.8 yards and with a much more penetrating flight was getting great roll out too.

EE2A8435-B4B5-4552-9F16-10BD85BBC405.jpeg

B9BDC2B3-3CE3-4970-8428-595DE6FB51A4.png

How was the accuracy with it?