Boxing and MMA

Carson Jones nearly got rid of brook in the first fight. Blood pouring all over his face. 

This  guy is a monster who will seek and destroy. Martin Murray is a more durable fighter than brook and look how much punishment he took. 

team brook better hope he's got his health after this as its absolute stupidity going up 2 weights to fight a guy who punches as hard as him. Even Froch wanted nothing to do with him and he had a granite chin

1 hour ago, Gillete said:

Carson Jones nearly got rid of brook in the first fight. Blood pouring all over his face. 

This  guy is a monster who will seek and destroy. Martin Murray is a more durable fighter than brook and look how much punishment he took. 

team brook better hope he's got his health after this as its absolute stupidity going up 2 weights to fight a guy who punches as hard as him. Even Froch wanted nothing to do with him and he had a granite chin

Golovkin is absolutely the real deal, it's just ashame that being badly managed by Universum meant he was in his 30's before he started getting well known, that and the fact he was - for years - seen as very high risk, low reward, up until the last couple of years, he has found it very hard to get fights.... Which is why he is taking this mismatch - for Golovkin it is a lower risk, but high reward fight. For somebody that hasn't made a huge amount of money from the sport, getting 7 figures for what (on paper) is easy-ish fight..... it's a no brainer. Very, very few boxers are in a position to put legacy before cash - especially in a sport where every round might be your last. 

I do rate Brook, I think he's a solid Welterweight that is good enough to mix it at world level and pick up straps. However Golovkin is an established middleweight, who appears  (IMO having seen almost every fight since Tapia), to be a pretty special fighter. I mean Martin Murray is as close as he's came to a struggle, and that was still a 1 sided fight, with a few close rounds. 

I don't think Brook has anything like the toolset needed to beat GGG. I think he'll give a decent account of himself, but ultimately it will be fairly easy for GGG.

1 hour ago, Gillete said:

Theres an interview with Martin Murray on Sky sports, says it was more the precision and basically volume of shots he was hit with rather than the power of GGG that done him and at one point in the fight he hit him with 3 uppercuts in a row while Murray kept anticipating the bodyshot.

Golovkin isn't a 1 punch KO artist, he never really has been. He's more of a pulveriser than a wrecking ball and I think plenty fighters are capable of hitting as hard as Golovkin - that isn't what makes him special -  it's the he does hit very hard - very effectively, very accurately and quite often.

He's amongst the best I've seen at getting in and out 'the hole', his footwork won't catch your eye, but it is up there with the most effective fighters. His power isn't wild, it's controlled and pulverising. 

Without a Hopkins or Mayweather about at that weight range, I just don't see anyone with the tools to neutralise his offensive toolkit. 

14 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Theres an interview with Martin Murray on Sky sports, says it was more the precision and basically volume of shots he was hit with rather than the power of GGG that done him and at one point in the fight he hit him with 3 uppercuts in a row while Murray kept anticipating the bodyshot.

That's why I think that brook will get caught eventually 

his footwork can't keep him away for 12 rounds and GGG will hunt him down 

13 hours ago, Ambrogio said:

Anybody getting ufc Manchester tickets ? Good lineup . 

Definitely! :541:

Dunno if you've heard but the prelims aren't kicking off until 11pm and the main card is at 3am like the majority of american cards. Lot of people understandably unhappy at this idea, but fuck it, should be interesting :lol:

13 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Definitely! :541:

Dunno if you've heard but the prelims aren't kicking off until 11pm and the main card is at 3am like the majority of american cards. Lot of people understandably unhappy at this idea, but fuck it, should be interesting :lol:

A think that makes it better lol more time for swallying ? , u manage to get tickets ? A got tickets this morning signed up to the Ufc newsletter and got presale. Bit steep but decent seats, should be good !

2 minutes ago, Ambrogio said:

A think that makes it better lol more time for swallying ? , u manage to get tickets ? A got tickets this morning signed up to the Ufc newsletter and got presale. Bit steep but decent seats, should be good !

Aye, I did the exact same - presale this morning too!

too right, I might end up no even seeing the main event :lol:

6 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Aye, I did the exact same - presale this morning too!

too right, I might end up no even seeing the main event :lol:

?? haha same ! Go aw that way n wake up next day remember fuckall about it lol. Where u get ur tickets for ? Am block 106 row c , look no bad seats 

1 minute ago, Ambrogio said:

?? haha same ! Go aw that way n wake up next day remember fuckall about it lol. Where u get ur tickets for ? Am block 106 row c , look no bad seats 

Floor C row J - bit of an angle to the cage but it should be close as fuck

Was at the Glasgow UFC and had the floor to the right of the cage, and had Row F and it was unreal being that close - could see myself on the telly the majority of the night when I watched most of it back :lol:

21 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Floor C row J - bit of an angle to the cage but it should be close as fuck

Was at the Glasgow UFC and had the floor to the right of the cage, and had Row F and it was unreal being that close - could see myself on the telly the majority of the night when I watched most of it back :lol:

:lol:

No even watching the fight, just pausing it and looking at yourself on the tele all night

24 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Not seen this afternoon's final presser but according to Eddie Hearn GGG looks as if he's been struggling. Anyone see it how does he look struggling at the weight as some are trying to suggest.

I don't think it's struggling weight wise 

hes apparanty bang on the weight and aiming for 158 rather than the 160.

Read it somewhere that he's not been feeling well due to the plane journey. Thought it was nothing but he's looking terrible in the pics today like he's white as a ghost 

17 minutes ago, Gillete said:

I don't think it's struggling weight wise 

hes apparanty bang on the weight and aiming for 158 rather than the 160.

Read it somewhere that he's not been feeling well due to the plane journey. Thought it was nothing but he's looking terrible in the pics today like he's white as a ghost 

I thought it might of just been Mr Hearn trying the mind games. Am sure ill see the coverage later on IFLTV ?

17 hours ago, the goal machine said:

My tit of a mate didn't get us tickets in the pre-sale. Blamed Ticketmaster. 

Will try again tomorrow...

Maybe he was right about Ticketmaster. Fuck all tickets anywhere but loads appearing for ridiculous prices on their re-sale websites. Cunts.