Boxing and MMA

1 minute ago, lidorfc said:

Fuck that man, a would rather get kicked in the face than have a kick hyper-extend my knee :anguish: 

I did JKD for years and is one of the first moves you learn as brings the head down for follow up punches. Some of the moves Lee created are immense and would never be seen in a UFC fight.

Just now, ex-guardsman said:

I did JKD for years and is one of the first moves you learn as brings the head down for follow up punches. Some of the moves Lee created are immense and would never be seen in a UFC fight.

Did you do it at Tommy Carruthers' JKD gym/school?

11 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

@lidorfc (sorry forgot to quote you)No I did it under the old Anderson bus station in the Den run by Krause brothers. Steve did the main hand fighting and Mike did the kicking they still have a gym I believe but never been back since came out army.

Might have a look, I always liked the idea of trying out Tommy Carrthers gym as he was trained by Howard Williams who himself was trained privately by Bruce Lee but he doesn't really take any classes as he mainly does seminars now, have always wanted to try JKD though.

Just now, lidorfc said:

Might have a look, I always liked the idea of trying out Tommy Carrthers gym as he was trained by Howard Williams who himself was trained privately by Bruce Lee but he doesn't really take any classes as he mainly does seminars now, have always wanted to try JKD though.

It is really good I enjoyed using the sticks and still practice. The Krause brothers went through Dan Inosanto who was Lee's sparring partner and also in a few of the films as he was fast enough to respond to the moves ect. First Ive googled them but seems Mike has his own gym now and he is unreal at kicking.

http://www.mikekrausemartialarts.co.uk/

2 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

It is really good I enjoyed using the sticks and still practice. The Krause brothers went through Dan Inosanto who was Lee's sparring partner and also in a few of the films as he was fast enough to respond to the moves ect. First Ive googled them but seems Mike has his own gym now and he is unreal at kicking.

http://www.mikekrausemartialarts.co.uk/

(tu) Nice one, gonna check out one of their classes. Most of their classes seem to be a blend of several martial arts.

Just now, lidorfc said:

(tu) Nice one, gonna check out one of their classes. Most of their classes seem to be a blend of several martial arts.

Yeah when I was there you pay membership then you can turn up for the classes you want to do but probably changed. Mike is really good teacher so hopefully still takes some classes as his knowledge is outstanding.

2 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

Yeah when I was there you pay membership then you can turn up for the classes you want to do but probably changed. Mike is really good teacher so hopefully still takes some classes as his knowledge is outstanding.

If you sign up to their newsletter it says you get a free 2 week trial! Bonus. Will be checking that out hopefully next week :D 

8 minutes ago, Polo said:

That Rumble fight was funny as fuck. The guy is an absolute machine. Never seen anything like that happen to Glover. 

Thought McGregor won the main even by a country mile too. Credit where it's due!

If you based that purely on who caused the most damage then absolutely but in reality it was a very close fight in terms of score. 

Lesson learned by McGregor.

Great tactics and although he was touching cloth at times it was deserved.

If he wants another go at Diaz they should strip him of the belt though, unfair to Aldo to make him watch this pan out. By all means have a 3rd fight but McGregor has a title to defend and if he wants to fight in a heavier division then fair play. Drop the belt.

1 hour ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Lesson learned by McGregor.

Great tactics and although he was touching cloth at times it was deserved.

If he wants another go at Diaz they should strip him of the belt though, unfair to Aldo to make him watch this pan out. By all means have a 3rd fight but McGregor has a title to defend and if he wants to fight in a heavier division then fair play. Drop the belt.

I am sure Dana said a while back that this would be the case,  he either fights for his title next or drops the title.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I am sure Dana said a while back that this would be the case,  he either fights for his title next or drops the title.

Quite right too, Aldo was outstanding in his last fight. Dana will be a wee bit wary about Aldo smacking McGregor about though but if Conor can adapt like he did against Diaz then we have a fucking fight on our hands!

Connor has already smoked Aldo in seconds, he went through that division like a train so you can see why he's looking at other things especially when the money on the table for other fights will trump an Aldo rematch.

If Dana gives the title to a guy that got his ass handed to him in under 10 seconds then as Connor says that division will lose interest fast.

No cunt in his division can handle his power, everyone has folded under it.

Just now, Gillete said:

Aldo will retire if he doesn't fight CM

only reason he fought Edgar was to get another shot at him 

He can have no complaints after ducking CM for so long and pulling out fights.

Either way he will get the belt or his rematch soon enough.

14 hours ago, lidorfc said:

If you based that purely on who caused the most damage then absolutely but in reality it was a very close fight in terms of score. 

Agreed. Judging it over 25 mins. 

Still think it was pretty clear on rounds as well. 3-2.