Boxing and MMA

What a war that was! 

I had it as a draw: McGregor with rounds 1 and 2, Diaz rounds 3 and 5, leaving the 4th as a draw because neither did much of anything. If they do eventually do a rematch, I'd like to see it at their natural weight of 155, as both fighters clearly struggled with that weight for that amount of time at 170. I think we could see them both fight other opponents at 205 and 206 assuming no medical suspensions, then the 3rd fight in 2017. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Watched it again, no way the 2nd round was close. Connor had him on the deck twice with clean head shots and Nate only started coming back into it with 1.30 left on the clock.

At the end if the second it was 46 sig strikes to Conners 76.

Even better watching it a second time, really good fight

(tu) Rewatched it myself, bias made me think the 2nd round was closer than it was :lol: I still didn't think he won that round but I thought it could have went either way on first viewing with McGregor probably edging it.

Conor reportedly takes home $15m for last night (show up money, win bonus, undisclosed bonuses, sponsor money, whatever the fuck else money :lol:)

Also, some shit hot performances from Cowboy, Rumble and Larkin to say the least last night

Larkin's kicks were brilliant, fuck only knows why Rogan kept calling them Oblique kicks though:

25 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Conor reportedly takes home $15m for last night (show up money, win bonus, undisclosed bonuses, sponsor money, whatever the fuck else money :lol:)

Also, some shit hot performances from Cowboy, Rumble and Larkin to say the least last night

Larkin's kicks were brilliant, fuck only knows why Rogan kept calling them Oblique kicks though:

Because the technique is basically the same, it's still coming in at a slight angle it's just being used to attack the body rather than the knee/thigh. If anything it's more like an oblique kick than those that you'd normally see, you can really see the oblique being use to generate power when Larkin is utilising them.

24 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Because the technique is basically the same, it's still coming in at a slight angle it's just being used to attack the body rather than the knee/thigh. If anything it's more like an oblique kick than those that you'd normally see, you can really see the oblique being use to generate power when Larkin is utilising them.

I guess you're right, always assumed it was cause you were kicking and trying to fuck up the oblique popliteal ligament in the knee

Just now, Supersonic said:

I guess you're right, always assumed it was cause you were kicking and trying to fuck up the oblique popliteal ligament in the knee

I had never even considered that. I'd always assumed it was called an oblique kick because of the angle that kick comes in where the oblique would be activated more than a standard front kick.

4 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

I had never even considered that. I'd always assumed it was called an oblique kick because of the angle that kick comes in where the oblique would be activated more than a standard front kick.

Fuck knows :lol:

I tried to do a quick search for a "definition" and found a few people saying Joe Rogan created the informal term oblique kick?!

Also saying it's actually a wing chun / savate technique:

I truly have no idea at this point - either way, they were shit hot kicks

Also found this @lidorfc

An old article with quote from Jon Jones about Rampage and the oblique kicks

"Yeah, the oblique kick, Joe Rogan named it. I don't know, he's a wuss, he's a wuss. He has this tough guy persona but he complains about anything that doesn't go in his favor. ‘Oh, my contract. Oh, he wants to take me down, that's not real fighting.' He is such a baby, he's a baby."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/25/3909498/jon-jones-rampage-jackson-ufc-wuss-baby-mma

interesting if Rogan did come up with the term 

Just now, Supersonic said:

Fuck knows :lol:

I tried to do a quick search for a "definition" and found a few people saying Joe Rogan created the informal term oblique kick?!

Also saying it's actually a wing chun / savate technique:

I truly have no idea at this point - either way, they shit hot kicks

Jon Jones said the same, that it was Rogan himself that coined the term.  You know a kicks good when cunts are saying it should be banned :lol: 

Watched the mcgregor fight today, was a great fight and both of them are warriors.

McGregor probably just edged it but he got saved by the bell in the 3rd and 5th rounds 100%.

Can only see him improving at 155 with more mobility amd even better conditioning so will be a tough ask for Diaz.

6 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Also found this @lidorfc

An old article with quote from Jon Jones about Rampage and the oblique kicks

"Yeah, the oblique kick, Joe Rogan named it. I don't know, he's a wuss, he's a wuss. He has this tough guy persona but he complains about anything that doesn't go in his favor. ‘Oh, my contract. Oh, he wants to take me down, that's not real fighting.' He is such a baby, he's a baby."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/25/3909498/jon-jones-rampage-jackson-ufc-wuss-baby-mma

interesting if Rogan did come up with the term 

:lol: I guess we were searching that at the same time.