The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

He's shit

:lol: Behave. The guy is only 23, so he's 2 years younger than Jelavic, and is far better than any our strikers bar Jelavic, I would rather have him over Goodwillie.

The croation manager described him as the future of croation football ffs.

So we wait for weeks and weeks and go through player after player and rejection after rejection and then BOOM!!!

What a couple of signings! 2 below average SPL players!!

Wow I feel spoiled, can't wait for Saturday!

Hardly below average.

Chin up, mate.

Edu played there for like half an hour against the mhanks I'm sure, and Little/Juanma can cover there anyway.

That's not exactly comforting lol

I'd imagine that bit is just a rumour anyway. Lee Wallace is not worth £1.5 million plus Kirk Broadfoot

Loaning Broadfoot as part of the deal would be ridiculous. We'd be left with just one right back.

Darren Cole although untested is rated highly and of course Andy Little and Jordan McMillan if you can really count them that is

So we wait for weeks and weeks and go through player after player and rejection after rejection and then BOOM!!!

You make me want to kill someone.

You really are the most negative gobshite around.

Lee Wallace and Murray Davidson are two of the better players in the SPL, whether that's the market we should be in is a different matter.

Our squad does need bulking up, so these two will go down well.

Far far far far far FAR FAR too much for a player who has never once impressed me! An absolute joke signing, giving hearts 1.5 million for a player in the final 12 months of his deal is fucking criminal.

Great scouting as well.

so am guessin you didt follow ashley youngs transfer then he got sold for £20 million to man utd and he had 12 months left and as every1 is sayin on this forum just calm down we dont now what ally has in store foe wallace papace might be a cb now or infact you need 2 lbs and imo before that lb for celtic came papac and wallace are the best in the spl

Wallace is worth £ 1,5 million imo, as he is a future good player. Will he play at LB or LW ? That's the real question.

I reckon left wing this season, and then left back from next season

I just don't believe that Papac would've stayed on if he'd known he wouldn't be first choice, and i don't think we would've duped him either

FFS, are you kidding ? many times have you seen either of these guys play ? at least give them a chance before classing them as "below average". This forum is unreal at times.

I apologise mate. That was ott. But we only have one natural lb ( really a cb )!

I know, I took it too ott as well :lol: I would rather we bought a cheap cover player and focussed on other positions but I'm sure Wallace will do a good job for us though and when thinking about it I'd rather he did start ahead of Papac. Maybe we have strengthened the squad here, can't really say I'm an expert on him but good luck to him if he signs (tu)

what do you mean fuck the future? I didn't say that at all, I'd rather get the positions we need for this year first and then worry about the future. And anyway signing we make for this year should idealy be for the future anyway, 21-27 year olds who can go a few years and make moeny out of.

even if Wallace will start ahead of Papac, IMO LB is not the main priority and not at £1.5m

If we make the signing then fine, good luck to him and I'll get behind him of course, just rather we got other positions first and this amount of money on Wallace could mean we may not have enough money to spend on the other positions

How do you buy a team in order though? Its just not practical.

We can't put in offers for strikers, wait until we get one, then put in an offer for a Centre Half, etc.

We have had 6 or 7 offers in at a time, according to McCoist.

According to Whyte himself, talking to forum member Del the other day, each player that we are in for has a max value assigned to them that was decided by McCoist, Whyte and Smith before we started bidding for them. The money spent on Wallace will therefore be within our planned budget for him and will not detract from the amount budgeted for other players/positions.

Wallace is worth £ 1,5 million imo, as he is a future good player. Will he play at LB or LW ? That's the real question.

I think he is worth that too just wouldn't be the position I went for first, dont think and hope he doesn't play LM, think he'll be LB. As cover or a starting place I'm not sure :)

I reckon left wing this season, and then left back from next season

I just don't believe that Papac would've stayed on if he'd known he wouldn't be first choice, and i don't think we would've duped him either

I doubt that there is much discussion during most contract negotiations of who will be first choice, except when playing Football Manager.

I'm stunned. Properly stunned.

Didn't Wallace just sign a new deal at Hearts after our first bid, or did I imagine that?!

If he is no longer in his last year of contract we've paid what he is worth in my opinion. Young enough and good potential. Why would Hearts accept anything under 1mil?

In August 2006, Wallace was charged with a firearms offence.[14] Three months later he admitted being in possession of an airgun and was fined £1,500.[15] In May 2009, he was arrested and charged with breach of the peace outside Edinburgh nightclub "Lava & Ignite" after allegedly threatening to shoot the doormen.[16] However, this charge was later dropped and he was fined £1,100 for shouting abuse at the bouncers.[17]

Holy fuck :blink:

How do you buy a team in order though? Its just not practical.

We can't put in offers for strikers, wait until we get one, then put in an offer for a Centre Half, etc.

We have had 6 or 7 offers in at a time, according to McCoist.

According to Whyte himself, talking to forum member Del the other day, each player that we are in for has a max value assigned to them that was decided by McCoist, Whyte and Smith before we started bidding for them. The money spent on Wallace will therefore be within our planned budget for him and will not detract from the amount budgeted for other players/positions.

I know what your saying and it may not matter, it all depends on how much money we actually have and to me £1.5m could take up a fair percentage of the budget I hoped would have went on other positions. But all depends on how much we have (tu)