Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

Again Twitter proves to be right.

When will we find this happy medium on here when discussing things on twitter.

It's either gospel or it's shite, never 'it could be true' 'might not be' 'we'll just have to wait and see'.

Well there you go, what was so widely spread on twitter about after the game was true..

Sky sports have always been the business

This year they are a joke

They are just taking info from everywhere and anywhere and speculating

They have already said fulham made a bid and had it as breaking news

Martin Jol rubbished it as nonsense as he does not want the player or has never bid for him

So

Take what you will of the sky sports news

I for one will not be jumping the gun until i see it for myself

The way we go about our signings is nothing short of pathetic.

This is the type of signing that would have gave the fans a lift but instead we lose out to a Championship side again because we make pointless bids.

I don't even know why we're bothering to go for Matt McKay because we never get a fucking work permit. Even if we do get Matt McKay that doesn't excuse the major amount of fucking about being done over the Verhoek deal. The fans wanted Goodwillie and Rangers fucked it up with 7 failed bids. We didn't just offer the £2m and get the player as soon as the rape case was dropped and we paid the price. Now the same shit is happening with Verhoek. ADO want £2m for a young winger who was nominated for POTY in the Dutch league last season so just fucking give it to them because he's worth the money FFS!

PISSED OFF LOYAL :crabflute:

ADO want £2m for a young winger who was nominated for POTY in the Dutch league last season so just fucking give it to them because he's worth the money FFS!

This exactly. Seems an absolute bargain, if this guy had a 4 year contract and was at Ajax they'd probably be asking for 8 figures.

This exactly. Seems an absolute bargain, if this guy had a 4 year contract and was at Ajax they'd probably be asking for 8 figures.

Verhoek got 17 assists plus a bunch of goals in the Eredivisie last season. He's only 23, full of potential, and you'd be almost guaranteed to make a profit if you ever sold him on. You're not going to find a better player than this for £2m. I can't believe we haven't learned our lesson from the Goodwillie farce.

Honelsty, lost for words!

RANGERS are set to sign Australian midfielder Matt McKay for a cut price £320,000.

The Ibrox club has agreed terms with the 28-year-old who currently plays for Brisbane Roar.

And they will complete the signing once the international has undergone a medical and gets a work permit.

McKay has been training with the Socceroos in Cardiff as they prepare to play Wales in a friendly on Wednesday.

SunSport can reveal the player has a 500,000 Australian dollar release clause in his contract even though he has several years remaining.

And McKay should have no problems obtaining a work permit as he has recently become a regular in the international side.

McKay played in every game of this year's Asian Cup and was instrumental in getting Australia to the final - where they lost to Japan.

He has been recommended to Ally McCoist by ex-Gers Craig Moore, Charlie Miller and Ian Ferguson.

Gers revealed they were after the player, who has 16 caps, and are desperate to sign him in time They said: "Rangers are hoping to make Australian international star Matt McKay their next signing as Ally McCoist continues to bolster the squad.

"The 28-year-old midfield star is firmly in McCoist's sights and a deal could be done this week. McKay is in the UK as Australia have a friendly international with Wales on Wednesday night and Rangers would love to do a deal before the Europa League play-off deadline on Thursday.

"The Brisbane Roar captain is at the peak of his form having become a regular in the Australian national team and named Player of the Season in the A-League by the Aussie media.

"He captained the Roar to their first Australian title and was inspirational in the 4-2 A-League final game against Central Coast Mariners.

"McKay comes highly recommended by former team-mate Craig Moore who, of course, spent nearly ten years at Rangers, and Ian Ferguson who has watched McKay blossom.

"He also played beside Charlie Miller who was also impressed by his ability.

"There are work permit issues but Rangers hope to overcome them."

Meanwhile, Gers have had an improved bid for winger Wesley Verhoek rejected by ADO Den Haag with the Dutch side revealing they are unhappy with the bid for the 24-year-old winger.

Club owner Mark van der Kallen said: "The Glasgow bid was just not high enough."

http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz1UOC23J3e

Srange that the sun havent picked up on him practically being a forrest player, even the record only says theyve made a bid.

RANGERS are set to sign Australian midfielder Matt McKay for a cut price £320,000.

The Ibrox club has agreed terms with the 28-year-old who currently plays for Brisbane Roar.

And they will complete the signing once the international has undergone a medical and gets a work permit.

McKay has been training with the Socceroos in Cardiff as they prepare to play Wales in a friendly on Wednesday.

SunSport can reveal the player has a 500,000 Australian dollar release clause in his contract even though he has several years remaining.

And McKay should have no problems obtaining a work permit as he has recently become a regular in the international side.

McKay played in every game of this year's Asian Cup and was instrumental in getting Australia to the final - where they lost to Japan.

He has been recommended to Ally McCoist by ex-Gers Craig Moore, Charlie Miller and Ian Ferguson.

Gers revealed they were after the player, who has 16 caps, and are desperate to sign him in time They said: "Rangers are hoping to make Australian international star Matt McKay their next signing as Ally McCoist continues to bolster the squad.

"The 28-year-old midfield star is firmly in McCoist's sights and a deal could be done this week. McKay is in the UK as Australia have a friendly international with Wales on Wednesday night and Rangers would love to do a deal before the Europa League play-off deadline on Thursday.

"The Brisbane Roar captain is at the peak of his form having become a regular in the Australian national team and named Player of the Season in the A-League by the Aussie media.

"He captained the Roar to their first Australian title and was inspirational in the 4-2 A-League final game against Central Coast Mariners.

"McKay comes highly recommended by former team-mate Craig Moore who, of course, spent nearly ten years at Rangers, and Ian Ferguson who has watched McKay blossom.

"He also played beside Charlie Miller who was also impressed by his ability.

"There are work permit issues but Rangers hope to overcome them."

Meanwhile, Gers have had an improved bid for winger Wesley Verhoek rejected by ADO Den Haag with the Dutch side revealing they are unhappy with the bid for the 24-year-old winger.

Club owner Mark van der Kallen said: "The Glasgow bid was just not high enough."

http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz1UOC23J3e

Srange that the sun havent picked up on him practically being a forrest player, even the record only says theyve made a bid.

would think the press up here would be all over that one

Were the fuck do rangers get there valuations of players fae they are totally unrealistic just offer the fuckin askin price for fuck sake n get the guy. we rangers fans canny take a repeat of the goodwillie saga again. Get the finger oot gers

250 grand for the Aussie, i really hope he does well for Rangers. Forest put 2.5 mill in for Verheok! thats us fucked.

http://www.<No links to this website>/2011/08/08/rangers-set-to-sign-brisbane-roar-skipper-matt-mckay-as-nottingham-forest-bid-for-wesley-verhoek-86908-23328595/

ALLY McCOIST yesterday welcomed signing target Matt McKay to Glasgow - and braced himself for transfer trauma on another front.

Nottingham Forest last night slapped in a huge bid of around £2.5million for Dutch winger Wesley Verhoek to put them in the driving seat to land the man McCoist so desperately craves.

On the plus side for Rangers a £250,000 deal for Australia midfielder McKay should be wrapped up in the next few days and although that won't be in time to beat tonight's Europa signing deadline, he could still face Maribor as a wild card.

But the news is less positive over Verhoek. Rangers and Fulham were late last night locked in talks with his club Den Haag but they will have to at least match Forest's bid to stand any chance of steering him away from the City Ground.

At least McCoist had something to cheer yesterday though following a string of failures in his bid to bolster the Ibrox squad.

Brisbane Roar skipper McKay was given a guided tour of Murray Park as the SPL champions attempted to woo the powerful Aussie.

As McKay flew south last night to join up with his national squad who will face Wales on Wednesday night, agent John Viola admitted the 28-year-old was blown away by his visit to the city.

He said: "Matt liked what he saw of Rangers during his time in Glasgow.

"There is no chance of anything being completed before the deadline on Monday but talks are progressing well."

McCoist is scouring the globe looking for talent and defender Roland Juhasz is desperate for Rangers to make a fourth bid for him ahead of the deadline.

The Anderlecht centre-back is determined to move to Ibrox after Rangers had three offers for the 28-year-old thrown out - the latest being £3m.

Anderlecht are believed to be looking for £500k more and Juhasz is praying Rangers up their offer.

He said: "I hope Anderlecht don't put any more obstacles in my way. The move to Rangers for me is for sporting reasons rather than financial ones.

"I hope the fourth bid will be accepted. There is still a gap to what Anderlecht want and what Rangers have offered and I hope they can resolve that on Monday.

"Scottish and Belgian football seem quite similar because there are a couple of outstanding teams but I would like a change because I need a new challenge as I have been here for six years.

"The fans at Anderlecht have been terrific and they even turned up at training with a banner urging me to stay while singing my name.

"That was very touching, but they must understand I want to go to Rangers.

"It would have been nice if Rangers were still in the Champions League, but the fact they were knocked out doesn't put me off."

Meanwhile, young Spanish attacker Guillermo Andres Lopez is heading into Ibrox for a trial.

The 18-year-old Villarreal winger will be at Murray Park this week to be assessed with a possible loan move on the cards.

But he won't be joining up with Madjid Bougherra, who last night completed his £1.7m switch to Qatar.

The Algerian stopper has signed a three-year deal with the Gulf country's champs Lekhwiya. Bougherra, who's signed a £35,000-a-week three-year deal, said: "I have formally signed the contract and trained with the club. I look forward to get back playing

250.000 for the Aussie thats about Whytes streatch i feel for McCoist with this guy buyng players for him where is all the big bucks i am beginning to think Johnstone was right about this guy.

250.000 for the Aussie thats about Whytes streatch i feel for McCoist with this guy buyng players for him where is all the big bucks i am beginning to think Johnstone was right about this guy.

4 players in at a cost of 3.1 million. And Boogie and Adam have brought in 2.55 million Net spend 550 thousand, Money made from the Chelsea game?id say about 1.5 million after they pay Chelsea.

Get the finger out Rangers and bid for Verhoek.