*** The Official Rangers Vs. Nk Maribor Thread ***

Jamie1807

I fear Ally will play the same team that started the second half in the away leg with McCulloch and Edu back in.

I would like him to play the same team as Sunday with Ness in for Naisy but life just isn't like that and I don't think Ness is fit again yet.

Hello from Maribor!!!

I saw you had a good game, 0:3 is nice. But Maribor also played a great match, we won 6:0. You can see some highlights here: http://www.prvaliga.si/Tekma/Zapisnik/?id_tekme=9150

or on the clubs offical website.

We all know you have the better team, but we have a great run right now and I am sure we gone score at least 1 goal or maybe more, so it will be all up to your team and how many times you gone score. But we are highly motivated and plus that our captain is returning - the best man on the team.

I am sure its gonna be a great match.

Have some links of your match?

See you in 3 days....

MARIBOR Å AMPION!!!

Some game yesterday wasnt it mate?

Was so refreshing watching us play like that mate! It was fantastic seeing us with pace and creativity again, we have been poor so far this season but yesterday was excellent!

Was happy to see mccoist and the squad smiling again and wee Wylde getting his goal was brilliant!

Was so refreshing watching us play like that mate! It was fantastic seeing us with pace and creativity again, we have been poor so far this season but yesterday was excellent!

Was happy to see mccoist and the squad smiling again and wee Wylde getting his goal was brilliant!

(tu)

I really hope the team approach this with the right mentality and attack Maribor because they're there to be beaten, by a good few. Yet I doubt it'll turn out that way, although I expect a comfortable Rangers win.

Here's hoping!

I can see us winning and the tims going out. It will all go downhill from there on in for them if they lose. He can't take the heat and the criticism and they will give him a shitload of it.

That's what I'm thinking mate but don't want to get too confident.

Hello from Maribor!!!

I saw you had a good game, 0:3 is nice. But Maribor also played a great match, we won 6:0. You can see some highlights here: http://www.prvaliga.si/Tekma/Zapisnik/?id_tekme=9150

We all know you have the better team, but we have a great run right now and I am sure we gone score at least 1 goal or maybe more, so it will be all up to your team and how many times you gone score. But we are highly motivated and plus that our captain is returning - the best man on the team.

See you in 3 days....

MARIBOR Å AMPION!!!

Welcome

I think we will be well prepared for this game and will produce a much better showing than we did in the first leg.

Don't forget that we only need one goal to get through (tu) you'll need to stop us scoring

Hello from Maribor!!!

See you in 3 days....

MARIBOR Å AMPION!!!

Welcome (tu)

heres the link to our game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTmvv5PxoNQ&feature=related

the team i would like to see

Mcgregor

mcmillan goian perry wallace

ortiz davis ness(if fit) wylde

jelavic lafferty

team that will probably play :(

Mcgregor

broadfoot goian bocanegra wallace

lafferty davis mcculloch(if fit) edu ortiz

jelavic

I'll be GUTTED if the team has Bigfoot and McCulloch in it

I'm worried about our chances of going through this tie. We were great yesterday but the Maribor game will require a different game plan. We were very dangerous on the counter attack against Motherwell but I doubt we'll be doing much counter attacking on Thursday night, especially at the start of the game where I'd guess Maribor will likely sit back and play fairly defensively.

If McCulloch plays then that would be a disgrace. He'll, as usual, have no influence on the game. He doesn't offer us any attacking threat and due to his slowness, if Maribor are hitting us on the counter attack then he'll get nowhere near their attacking players. He'd be like playing with a man down.

I wouldn't be too bothered if Edu played. He plays at his best in Europe in my opinion and he'd be a better option than McCulloch, and I'd be surprised if at least one of them doesn't play. No idea about Ness' fitness. He'd be my first choice in centre mid but his injuries are certainly limiting his playing time.

My preferred eleven:

McGregor

McMillan Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Ortiz Naismith Davis Wylde

Lafferty Jelavic

What I think Ally will choose:

McGregor

McMillan Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Naismith Davis Edu/McCulloch Ortiz

Lafferty Jelavic

Would be a huge disappointment if we were knocked out. We would have to turn in a shocking performance not to go through, which isn't extremely unlikely given how we've played in Europe this season. If we go at this team from the whistle, hopefully get a goal or two, then maybe sit back and hit them on the counter attack, that'd be the perfect game in my opinion. We need to start the game well though. None of this mandatory defensiveness we've seen in Europe for the last few years, we're a much better team than Maribor, let's fuckin' prove it.