Transfers

On 6/8/2018 at 09:53, Rangers_no1 said:

Liverpool are still a good bit off competing for the title, they finished 25 points behind City. Keita and Fabinho do not curb that gap! Fabinho will turn out to be an average signing in my view. Lyon have officially denied the claims about Fekir as well.

A good goalkeeper, 2 CBs and a RB will give them a chance.

If Keita and Fabinho, along with VVD and another CB, stop Liverpool from leaking goals then they are very close. VVD made a huge difference when he came in and another quality addition in central defence, and goalkeeper, would improve them a helluva lot! IF Fekir happens as well then I would put my money on them! 

9 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

He's never good enough for either of them.

Rumours of 40m which is madness.

Spurs reckon they can get him for £15m, think he'd be worth a punt at that for them given Pochettino's record of developing players

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Keita is not a defensive midfielder.

Disagree that VVDV made a huge difference, defence was still all over the place and he made mistakes. Shipped numerous goals against Real and Roma and could easily have been more. Lucky against City who created many chances, lost 5 goals against WBA in two games. 

Liverpool have not won the league in how many years? Here this it's theirs or Arsenal's year nearly every season, finishing second will be a good season for them next year! I predict third at best. 

I hate Liverpool. But I hate you that little bit more.

So hopefully they can do it.

48 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Disagree that VVDV made a huge difference, defence was still all over the place and he made mistakes. Shipped numerous goals against Real and Roma and could easily have been more. Lucky against City who created many chances, lost 5 goals against WBA in two games. 

Liverpool have not won the league in how many years? Here this it's theirs or Arsenal's year nearly every season, finishing second will be a good season for them next year! I predict third at best. 

Liverpool have never won the Premiership.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not a defensive midfielder on paper, no, but he does a lot of defensive work. For tackles he was 6th in the Bundes....for interceptions he was 6th as well. He is a box to box player who works very hard.... defensively AND offensively. He will definitely do his part to protect the back four. 

I watch all the Liverpool games and VVD did definitely improve the defence massively. Unfortunately he has a donkey in Lovren next to him.. another quality defender and they will not be shipping as many silly goals which cost them points.

I think they will be there or there abouts next season IF they can find a quality CB and a quality striker as a different option. Cover for Robertson is a must and they might want a bit more experience on the other fullback position.

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Not a defensive midfielder on paper, no, but he does a lot of defensive work. For tackles he was 6th in the Bundes....for interceptions he was 6th as well. He is a box to box player who works very hard.... defensively AND offensively. He will definitely do his part to protect the back four. 

I watch all the Liverpool games and VVD did definitely improve the defence massively. Unfortunately he has a donkey in Lovren next to him.. another quality defender and they will not be shipping as many silly goals which cost them points.

I think they will be there or there abouts next season IF they can find a quality CB and a quality striker as a different option. Cover for Robertson is a must and they might want a bit more experience on the other fullback position.

They are a goalkeeper short as well imo but I don't think they are far short of a really good first team.

19 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

The problem is there's not many top keepers our there that aren't at top clubs already.

The guy from Roma would be a great signing £80million is reported they want but for me they should pay it he will pay that back then some during his time at them 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

The guy from Roma would be a great signing £80million is reported they want but for me they should pay it he will pay that back then some during his time at them 

If I was picking it would be Donnarumma I went for rather than Alison. 

9 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Money talks. :belm:

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

If that was around 2000-2005 they'd be punished.

Not now they're a "big club" though 

Different places saying different things actually, Sky said they hadn't breached the rules but BBC saying they have but wont be punished although they have been told they need to sell 60m worth of players before the end of June. 

The period in question doesn't even include the Neymar and Mbappe deals :lol: 

Just now, Goosetav said:

Different places saying different things actually, Sky said they hadn't breached the rules but BBC saying they have and have been told they need to sell 60m worth of players before June. 

The period in question doesn't even include the Neymar and Mbappe deals :lol: 

Fucking hell