CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

Totally disagree.

Try using it in whatever context you believe acceptable, let us know how you get on. Be interested to hear if you've been assaulted, lost your job or are up in court.

Cheers.

It needs some court cases to highlight the stupidity of it all

you obviously dont mix much in large British Asian communities, it certainly is about context.

No you're right, I don't. I live in London, I only see white people, I only talk to liberal, left leaning white people. The offended of Britain. That's who I mix with. In London.

No you didn't. Sarcasm clearly isn't your strong point. So saying paki and darkie is fine then? It's just about context then, yeh?

It's all about the context

You can't ban words from the language just because they could be fitted into a derogatory sentence

Some of his interviews are becoming tedious. That just seems like an interview thats been done for no actual reason.

He also slated the fans at berwick, if he still wants to call asians pakis, then hes a fucking hypocrite telling us not to sing about fenians, imo.

Some of his interviews are becoming tedious. That just seems like an interview thats been done for no actual reason.

He also slated the fans at berwick, if he still wants to call asians pakis, then hes a fucking hypocrite telling us not to sing about fenians, imo.

(tu)

No you're right, I don't. I live in London, I only see white people, I only talk to liberal, left leaning white people. The offended of Britain. That's who I mix with. In London.

Touched a nerve have I? Perhaps if your social circles were as multi ethnic as you infer you may have experienced the use of terminology between different groups that are used as normal which has you offended by proxy. Given the normality and acceptance of their use one does have to accept that context seems to play a part.

It's all about the context

You can't ban words from the language just because they could be fitted into a derogatory sentence

Who said anything about banning words? I'm asking you to justify the use of the terms paki and darkie, words you seem to think are ok to use. Saying "context" is justifying them by the way, that's a cop out.

Here's a hypothetical situation. You're in the pub, you're sat next to your pal, he's black. You say "here mate, I'm going to call you a darkie and this is why..."

You fill in the rest.

For those making daft points about "Yorkie" and the likes you really are missing the point. And you're quite clearly deliberately missing the point.

Call it "the offended bus" or whatever the fuck you want, but I fail to see why this doesn't show that Green is old fashioned, out of touch, and just another day of making a mockery of the club. As The Godfather said near the start of this thread this has become the "Charles Green Show" with the rest of the club taking a backseat. And it's becoming rather unhealthy, and I fail to see how Green is right for the long term future of the club.

Touched a nerve have I? Perhaps if your social circles were as multi ethnic as you infer you may have experienced the use of terminology between different groups that are used as normal which has you offended by proxy. Given the normality and acceptance of their use one does have to accept that context seems to play a part.

you wot guvnor ?!~

is that a clever way of saying 'fuck you' :7325:

He's an attention seeker, it's doing my nut in. We win the league and yet he gives fuel to an already rabid media to burn us with. And in a time when racism is at the forefront of the football world. He's a fanny.

Then he keeps it between both himself and Imran. He doesn't tell the biggest selling newspaper in the country...

Totally agree mate.

The last thing he should be doing is telling the mhedia (and others) this, who will then use it as more ammunition to attack us.

What was the point in these comments?

Perhaps he should be more careful what he says as he is CEO of Rangers FC.

However, I judge Charles Green on what he has done for Gers since arriving and what he will do for us. Not whether he conned Whyte or silly comments.

I'm extremely disappointed with Green's remarks, but not surprised. Just more noise from a guy who likes his own voice. A number of posters have suggested that Paki is akin to Scot. Had it not been a term that was generally used disparagingly, and frequently followed by "b*stard", that would be right, but the fact is that it's a best seen as an ignorant remark used to exclude and to denote Asians, regardless of what country they or their parents originated from. Most "Pakis" in the UK were born here, so the use of the word can't be excused by the claim that it's just the same as saying "Aussie". It's also used despite the fact that "Pakis" parents come from India, Benghal, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Khazakstan etc etc. Green presumably sees his "friend" as less than an equal, or wouldn't feel the need to apply the term. Green thinks skin colour or background is in some way relevant and worthy of comment, and that says all you need to know about him. As for whether it's offensive, I doubt any of the Asians I know would feel offended. This is because they're above it and recognise ignorance for what it is. Doesn't mean they wouldn't rather it stopped.

He's an attention seeker, it's doing my nut in. We win the league and yet he gives fuel to an already rabid media to burn us with. And in a time when racism is at the forefront of the football world. He's a fanny.

You could criticise him without the insults you know.

Call it "the offended bus" or whatever the fuck you want, but I fail to see why this doesn't show that Green is old fashioned, out of touch, and just another day of making a mockery of the club. As The Godfather said near the start of this thread this has become the "Charles Green Show" with the rest of the club taking a backseat. And it's becoming rather unhealthy, and I fail to see how Green is right for the long term future of the club.

i dunno mate but i think everything just gets blown way out of proportion on these forums and in the media. it's all fucking mental

im over it

i just wanna see some decent football ffs

Who said anything about banning words? I'm asking you to justify the use of the terms paki and darkie, words you seem to think are ok to use. Saying "context" is justifying them by the way, that's a cop out.

Here's a hypothetical situation. You're in the pub, you're sat next to your pal, he's black. You say "here mate, I'm going to call you a darkie and this is why..."

You fill in the rest.

That's a hypothetical situation which would never occur, something straight out of the warped mind of the perma offended

It's the kind of scenario dreamt up by people who make a living out of the cottage industry which is political correctness

It trivialises racism

Like i said - you need to go out and get yer hole

Baldy :lol:

This has totally got out of hand! To the OP it's shocking and unacceptable that you and your family have suffered racial abuse, however, when Charles Green calls his friend that it's not in the same context that you apparently have been called it. It's sad to say that political correctness in this country has gone mad, ie in school it's not a black board but a chalk board and when my friend recently asked for a black coffee in Starbucks she was asked if she meant a coffee without milk!! I'm heavier than I would like to be and if a stranger called me a fat bastard then yes I would be offended but if say my husband said it then (after I had kicked him in the baws) I would probably just laugh. What im trying too say is the context that Charles said shouldn't be offensive to anyone as it was said from one friend to another with no racially abusive terms whatsoever!

You fill in the rest.

Hypothetically, if you were in Pakistan and played for a football team who were all pakistanis, apart from you, and they decided to call you "Whitey".

Would you be offended?

You really, really haven't touched any nerves. First of all, the only thing I'm offended by, is your reliance on the use of "context" to attempt to justify the use of racist terms. Can you justify using the term darkie? In what context was that used?