The Arsenal - Top Of The Table At New Year

AlCapone

It happens every single season with Arsenal, when it comes to the business end of things they are found wanting.

They could find themselves out of 3 competitions in a matter of weeks now.

Ozil hides in the big games and the honeymoon period for him is over, he looks lost out there.

It only happens every single season if history started in 2004.

Normally you could put that down to a bad day at the office and try to write it off but at this stage of the seasons that's an absolutely crippling result that could derail their entire season.

The players looked shell shocked from it and they have to pick themselves up quickly because they have a hell of a run of games coming up.

Man City drew, at Norwich! Considering they are everyone's favourites that seems like a worse result to me.

No, no it isn't. It's laughable to claim otherwise. I realise you're trying to put a brave face on things but coming out with utter shite like that will just leave you open to ridicule.

No brave face it was fucking dire :lol: but the retards acting like we're in man u's position is laughable, 1 point off the top ffs

Hahahaha gotta laugh at the obsessed with Arsenal crew , Arsenal are a point off the pace today ,which is a point closer to the top than chelsea were before the kick offs yesterday , to say they're out of it is bullshit , again , still too much football to be played and dodgy results to be had

In terms of the teams the results came against the result is worse

A bad result is a bad result regardless but looking at both of them the Man City game looks more like a bad day at the office rather than the capitulation that happened at Anfield.

City dominated the game but simply couldn't break down a stubborn defence. That can happen when a smaller team shuts up shop well and plays with discipline as the Chelsea game against West Ham the other week showed.

On the other hand, Arsenal were totally embarrassed in a high profile game by a team with similar aspirations to them at a key point of the season.

I think it's the manner of that defeat that has people raising questions about what it's going to do the squad mentally and what their ability to compete going forward is going to be like when they have several big games (and they have a tendency to underperform in big games) coming up on the back of it and a squad of players who are beginning to show signs of tiring.

And it's certainly not just the "fannies" on here that are making that point. Everything I've watched since yesterday has had people making these very same points.

Chelsea are winning the league this year. Mark my words. I knew as soon as Jose Mourinho said they weren't contenders.

I don't even particularly like Chelsea (my favourite team in England is Walsall), but they are without a doubt winning the league this season.

This fucking title race is mental.

I reckon it's twisted and turned enough that we should all just call a truce and just see how it plays out. Somebody is being left with egg on their face after every round of games now :lol:

Hoping Arsenal can bag a win tomorrow but with both teams having "points to prove" I think it's going to be a draw.