Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

30 minutes ago, Iakona said:

I don't understand why Sony are doing this,there is no point whatsoever and this is going to just cause a massive nightmare for developers.

41 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I don't understand why Sony are doing this,there is no point whatsoever and this is going to just cause a massive nightmare for developers.

It's the same architecture just with souped up components. It's worth remembering that these current consoles are just a gimped PC's so it will be a fairly straight forward process for the devs.. especially since they are already used to developing games with different performance settings on the PC. 

If rumours are anything to go by it's the devs that have apparently been asking for it... they want better hardware to work with as they are already having to make sacrifices to get their games running on the PS4 and XO.

Whilst it seems Sony are ruling out exclusive games and features... i am worried what kind of state the gimped versions of games will be in.

Fuck buying a 4.5

ill make do with the 4 and wait for the PS5 which shouldn't be too far away (around 3 years or less id imagine). 

Imaging having a ps4, Ps 4.5 then going to buy a better tv (if not 4K already) and VR set. :lol: madness but I know a few yahoos wil pay it

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Fuck buying a 4.5

ill make do with the 4 and wait for the PS5 which shouldn't be too far away (around 3 years or less id imagine). 

Imaging having a ps4, Ps 4.5 then going to buy a better tv (if not 4K already) and VR set. :lol: madness but I know a few yahoos wil pay it

I'm not sure if we'll see a PS5... certainly not in the traditional sense - in which case it'll be more than 3 or so years away..

Every other form of technology has moved towards incremental updates.. i wouldn't be surprised if consoles followed suit. 

10 hours ago, Iakona said:

I'm not sure if we'll see a PS5... certainly not in the traditional sense - in which case it'll be more than 3 or so years away..

Every other form of technology has moved towards incremental updates.. i wouldn't be surprised if consoles followed suit. 

There will be new consoles there is too much money to be made for their not to be

4 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

There will be new consoles there is too much money to be made for their not to be

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

I'm sure when launched they said the lifespan of these consoles would be far less than the PS3 x360. 5 years in total is probably the higher end of the scale. Far too much money to be made for them both not to do it 

Where did i say there wouldn't be new consoles? I infact quite clearly said the opposite.. i just said that traditional releases may become a thing of the past!

Consoles have moved to x86 architecture for a reason.. the scalability it provides being a big one. This has allowed Sony to revise their hardware more frequently without huuuuge development costs that consoles traditionally have. Believe it or not Sony and Microsoft don't make all that much money from console sales.. development, manufacturing, shipping, advertising and their selling price(not the price you pay) need to be factored in. The parts manufacturer(AMD) make more money per console than Sony do.. It was even suggested Sony may still be selling hardware at a small loss. They make their money from software sales, which is why Sony and MS spend huge sums of money tying up exclusive deals with 3rd party games.. they need you to buy them on their platform.

So If anything Sony would stand to make more money by releasing incremental updates opposed to a new unit every 6 or 7 years. In additional it also allows their machines to stay relevant for a longer period of time.. with traditional console development taking years the end result is that the machines are typically out dated before they even hit the market. That was certainly the case with the launch PS4 and Xbox One.. 

Every other form of technology has went down this route  phones, tablets, cameras, pc hardware - you name it it's incremental! It really shouldn't come as a surprise that consoles are now following suit!

That's not to say the current PS4 will always be able to play the latest games.. Whilst Sony are claiming this particularly revision will not have exclusive games or features... eventually they will! Alas older models will be phased out.

On 4/24/2016 at 1:18 PM, psb07158 said:

Anybody played the Euro 2016 add-on in PES? Is it just a kits/stadium update or is the gameplay any different? 

Gameplay is the same and it's a new mode; 2/3rds of the official strips and at least 1 new stadium.

Not bad for a freebie.

12 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

Rumours circulating that a remaster of COD 4 is going to be released with the new cod

Confirmed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-26-this-years-cod-is-named-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare

jpg

I find it funny they're calling the new one Infinity Warfare as the game has been more or less the same since the first Modern Warfare :lol: 

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

These remasters are getting beyond a joke now in all honesty.

Pay 400 for a new console and then all folk ever do is clamour for remakes. :lol:

Since these fuckers have came out we've literally had 4 or 5 games of the next level after that it's been pretty poor 

6 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Pay 400 for a new console and then all folk ever do is clamour for remakes. :lol:

Since these fuckers have came out we've literally had 4 or 5 games of the next level after that it's been pretty poor 

True, gaming industry is doing really well off nostalgia just now. To be fair, a lot of them are classics that would just be amazing if updated. Would have loved WaW but I'm sure CoD 4 will be great and more simple like they used to be.

Can they not remaster PES 4,5 or 6?

Football games have been shite ever since then.

Imagine talk of bringing out slighty updated consoles and they are still bringing out games from 10 or more years ago :lol: 

Lazy wanks