Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

17 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I only wish they had released the PS4.5 with Uncharted 4 in 4K. Would have looked even more incredible than it already does.

3 is still better than 4 though and nobody can tell me otherwise 

The PS4 won't be playing games at 4k

16 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Huh? I thought that's the sole reason they were releasing a new console

Nope! The current PS4 struggles to do 1080p with steady 30fps.. So a marginally more powerful version isn't going to be running games at 4k. However it will support 4k media (video etc).. The biggest reason for the upgrade is because the current hardware isn't where it needs to be for Sony's VR headset. That and because Sony like most businesses like money and this is an easy way for them to make some with very little risk or effort required.. 

A 4K gaming PC will cost around £1500(and even then that involves cutting corners).. Sony aren't going to be able to match that level of performance at £400 per unit.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Was the 1st one good? Never played it 

If you can separate yourself from the hype and all the pre-release politics it's a decent game.. albeit a missed opportunity

It got alot of heat for its graphics downgrade, repetitive gameplay and boring lead character... however the world, the ability to hack objects(despite its technical limitations) and its multiplayer were the standouts. The multiplayer in particular was my favourite!!

Right now there's a lot of apprehension online regarding the announcement of number 2 given how the first one went.. however it should be noted Ubisoft tend to knock it out the park with their 2nd release in a new franchise - righting all the wrongs.

It can be found for around £5 pre-owned thesedays so if you've got a quiet spell or nothing worth playing then it's worth picking up..

Just now, Iakona said:

If you can separate yourself from the hype and all the pre-release politics it's a decent game.. albeit a missed opportunity

It got alot of heat for its graphics downgrade, repetitive gameplay and boring lead character... however the world, the ability to hack objects(despite its technical limitations) and its multiplayer were the standouts. The multiplayer in particular was my favourite!!

Right now there's a lot of apprehension online regarding the announcement of number 2 given how the first one went.. however it should be noted Ubisoft tend to knock it out the park with their 2nd release in a new franchise - righting all the wrongs.

It can be found for around £5 pre-owned thesedays so if you've got a quiet spell or nothing worth playing then it's worth picking up..

I'll order that mate thanks 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I can't even remember the multiplayer in WatchDogs.

Was there something like you had to find a hacker and hack them within a certain time or something?

Aye that was just one of the modes.. you invaded another players world without them knowing - once you initiated the hack they would be alerted and would try to find and kill you. 

Tense as fuck.

2 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Aye that was just one of the modes.. you invaded another players world without them knowing - once you initiated the hack they would be alerted and would try to find and kill you. 

Tense as fuck.

I think I remember that. I keep getting mixed up with that and GTA online for some reason when thinking back to it.

Hopefully this one get's more attention to detail, the graphics didn't really bother me until I saw what they were meant to be like!

In other news Bethesda are expected to announce an enhanced edition of Skyrim for PS4 and Xbox One..bringing in mod support for console players.

Personally doesn't interest me since the PC version will still be better.. but good news nonetheless!

21 hours ago, Iakona said:

In other news Bethesda are expected to announce an enhanced edition of Skyrim for PS4 and Xbox One..bringing in mod support for console players.

Personally doesn't interest me since the PC version will still be better.. but good news nonetheless!

Always wanted to try skyrim but never got round to buying it, think it'll be worth a go on ps4?

1 hour ago, rossDas said:

I'd be interested in a Skyrim remaster, but only if the price is right. The Witcher series, IMO, is now streets ahead of The Elder Scrolls in the areas of gameplay, characters, story and quests.

This. Picked up The Witcher for a score the other week and haven't put it down, one of the best games I've ever played hands down.