29 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Anderson v Isner locked in a five-set marathon.

Been a good match with surprisingly better tennis being played than I thought, but it starts getting a bit ridiculous when they can both hardly move and just stand and smash serves past each other game after game. 

14 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Been a good match with surprisingly better tennis being played than I thought, but it starts getting a bit ridiculous when they can both hardly move and just stand and smash serves past each other game after game. 

I wonder if Isner’s getting flashbacks of the Mahut match.

1 minute ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

I hope so for Anderson’s sake, as that’s two back-to-back mammoth five-setters he’s played.

Surely the rules have to be changed for the circumstances we witnessed this afternoon/evening?

5 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

Surely the rules have to be changed for the circumstances we witnessed this afternoon/evening?

I didn't catch the match so you might mean something different, but are you saying the rules should be changed to do a player a favour when he can't get the match in the bag without it taking 7 hours? 

1 minute ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Muff(cream puff), Jamie D, I ask you as knowledgable tennis fans, have Rafa and Novak ever met on grass, far less in a match at Wimbledon?

I can’t recall they have before, but if they have, how did it pan out?

Wimbledon final, 2011. Novak won.

8 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Thanks Jamie, totally slipped my mind there somehow! ?

How the fuk I forgot that I don’t know. Lol

Nadal has been so bad on grass for so long that it's easy to forget he was so good at Wimbledon once.

Really impressed with him this year.

5 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Nadal has been so bad on grass for so long that it's easy to forget he was so good at Wimbledon once.

Really impressed with him this year.

So, apart from maybe a queens match I can’t recall either, this is only the second time they’ve played together on grass?

wimbeldon final then a semi? In 51/2 meetings?

thats incredible imo. 

21 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

So, apart from maybe a queens match I can’t recall either, this is only the second time they’ve played together on grass?

wimbeldon final then a semi? In 51/2 meetings?

thats incredible imo. 

I think Nadal beat him on the way to the final of the 2007 or 2008 Wimbledon too.

4 hours ago, CooperSF said:

Its got to for the fairness of fair play.....Anderson knows he stands little chance of competing in a final now

If I remember right when Isner won his marathon game back in the day he got fucked in the next round for the same reason