Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

This season we will once again play utter shite football, probably get embarrassed by hibs or hertz at least once, probably get pumped out of the cups, every result will be scrapped out and every game as long as a week in the jail, but then we'll win the league by 10, 15 points and some will say everythings fine. Then we'll get to SPL and get humiliated. The fans need to do something to make it clear to the board that most of us would be glad to see Ally gone and that theyd sell a lot more STs if they got rid of him. Sick and tired of this fucking shite. Sick of sitting in the pub saying "come on Rangers" hoping and hoping while thinking everyone in the pub is laughing at us, sick of being let down by uninterested players and a manager who cant motivate his team. But like an idiot ill still be there at Ibrox this season, Ally, his players and his staff are simply taking advantage of our loyalty.

If you're playing good football most weeks it's highly unlikely you'll not be getting results. We're playing shite football and getting results so why would playing good football make us lose games?

I'm sure a certain monkey heided former Celtic manager was ridiculed for something he said about this...

Clueless buffoon. Same shite different season. Clueless tactics, line up and dire performance yet again.

The guy is a liability and holding us back.

This board need to grow a set and sack him now.

And exactly who would you get to replace him?

Typical negative shite, it's dead easy to just say sack whoever but come up with solutions that are workable instead.

Ally cant get his team to play for the win even in a friendly or when the league has already been won. How anyone thinks hes going to go for it in a competitive game is beyond me.

The fact that some feel the need to say "But what defines good performances ? Winning games? Or some other nebulous subjective factor?" shows how desperate the pro-Ally mob are getting. Watch any English PL or championship game and then watch one of our games and if the complete difference isnt obvious to you then I dont know why youre a football fan. We all know what a good pr bad performance is, we cant even get the bare minimum performance-wise when it comes to Allys team.

Remember the motherwell game? We kept advancing, kept getting shots, kept pushing forward, every time the ball comes forward into the box you feel the tension build in the stadium the fans get louder and louder, it creates a buzz in the stadium, when the fans know we're getting closer and closer to that goal, even when we missed the shots the fans would still cheer and applaud the good performance the team was putting on, everyone knows what im talking about because weve all been at games like that where you thought "even if we dont win this game we've tried our best, and played well". That game was the last time we played entertaining football, and it was just down the the atmosphere in the ground and likely nothing to do with Allys tactics.

Typical negative shite, it's dead easy to just say sack whoever but come up with solutions that are workable instead.

Surely it's up to the board to come up with a workable solution?

We aren't an attractive proposition at the moment but that doesn't mean every manager in the entire footballing world would reject an opportunity to come to us.

Surely it's up to the board to come up with a workable solution?

We aren't an attractive proposition at the moment but that doesn't mean every manager in the entire footballing world would reject an opportunity to come to us.

Indeed, the reward for winning a division in which we financially out-muscle every other team brings the chance to to tackle the top flight at the helm of Rangers; prizes include the possibility of European football.

Hardly unappealing; applicants please.

We might not get a name that stands out but we most certainly would be able to get in someone who has far more ability in management than Ally McCoist.

He was only given the job in the first place because someone vouched for him and was part of an agreement so that person would stay an extra season.

Any young coach in countries like Poland, Czech Republic or in Scandinavia, perhaps even lower leauge Germany would love to get the opportunity to "turn" Rangers around. I don't think selling the idea of managing Rangers is the problem, it's who's gonna pick the managers. I don't believe we have any shrewd people in staff that has the vision to make the club come back to it's rightful position. I'd be quite happy if we took a look at how our sports department is structured. I think the manager role is a dinosaur. And the manager role certainly does hinder many good coaches being out in the training ground developing players. Making'em a wee bit better than they were the day before. I think a lot of managers do too much "wheeling and dealing" in the office and let their assistant dictate too much of the players every day training. I think the continental structure of a sports director with a head coach is the way forward. That way you'd have some consistency even if the coach is sacked.

Or you could just hire Neil Warnock and give him plenty of cash to get us promoted with his splendid hoof-tactics.

Its not a viable option right now as it will cost too much to sack mccoist and his back room team and then replace them all.

If they are on a rolling 1 year then the board should be looking at alternative options right now but whoever does come in will want to make his own mark on the squad which is way short of winning the top division.

Finances are dictating this right now but if we lose to hibs tomorrow i would expect him to hold up his hands and say he can take us no further but unfortunatly that wont happen.

People saying "Ally, Ally get to fuck" chants are below us; though I agree with that.. if we lose to Hibs, and then to Hearts, and then go on a losing streak, I genuinely believe fans will lose that "dignified approach" and just turn into an angry mob who are unhappy at what they are being served up as "entertainment"

Our club, above all else; Is a club that needs to be winning, anything else is just a bonus. If Ally can't produce it, Ibrox will echo with "Ally, Ally get to fuck" as sad as it seems.

It won't take much to start. It happened after the Raith game & going by this thread people haven't forgotten the past three years of poor performances.

But what defines good performances ? Winning games? Or some other nebulous subjective factor? Winning the league is our number 1 priority - always is - and here we have a manager that has won two leagues - has strengthened to win a third and suddenly the chat is about 'performance' not results! I wonder if we played easy.on the eye football and lost how many folks would be saying 'but results are what count' ?

Wrong. Objectively.

If you are trying to say that this has only just begun, then you are factually wrong. I for one have been moaning about it for long enough, especially once we had gone through the midway point in each of the last few seasons as we have been performing progressively poorer as the season has progressed.

I don't want to be moaning about performances. I don't want to be moaning about the manager. I don't want to be moaning about the excuses, the tactics, the selections, etc.. But I cannot accept that winning a bottom tier and then a second bottom tier should ever be the be all and end all for a club like Rangers. We aspire to greater, but we seem to be in a position with the people at the club were we are no longer expected to put on a show, to win a cup or two (yes, even the Ramsdens), to give the support something to cheer at and get behind. I do not accept that, and that's why I cannot accept those that find it acceptable. My opinions may be subjective, but by Christ the logic behind them is plain for all to see.

If you're playing good football most weeks it's highly unlikely you'll not be getting results. We're playing shite football and getting results so why would playing good football make us lose games?

Yes there is the assumption that playing 'good' football also means you will win, but the key thing is to win.

I remember during Walters first stint there were many a season when 'they' were playing 'better' football than us - yet we kept beating them, winning trophies and I bet they would have swapped style for the winning mentality! On the same note when Keegan managed his teams were all out attack but won nothing - and yet Jose Murhino puts out teams that are hard to be and wins trophies, often 'settling' for a narrow win.

A retarded monkey would do a better job.

Wrong. Objectively.

If you are trying to say that this has only just begun, then you are factually wrong. I for one have been moaning about it for long enough, especially once we had gone through the midway point in each of the last few seasons as we have been performing progressively poorer as the season has progressed.

I don't want to be moaning about performances. I don't want to be moaning about the manager. I don't want to be moaning about the excuses, the tactics, the selections, etc.. But I cannot accept that winning a bottom tier and then a second bottom tier should ever be the be all and end all for a club like Rangers. We aspire to greater, but we seem to be in a position with the people at the club were we are no longer expected to put on a show, to win a cup or two (yes, even the Ramsdens), to give the support something to cheer at and get behind. I do not accept that, and that's why I cannot accept those that find it acceptable. My opinions may be subjective, but by Christ the logic behind them is plain for all to see.

We all aspire for better - but it is very easy to belittle the achievements of winning the bottom two leagues - I make allowances for the shite we have had to go through, the lack of transfer windows in the early days, the need to rebuild a squad, the dealing with fans expectations.

I also look at last seasons squad and performances and I see that the squad and performances improved from the season before, I look at the squad we already have for this season and (IMHO) the squad is much improved on last season - so I look forward with some anticipation to the season ahead. (Note my anticipation is of better things and more improvement and not anticipation in dread!). I also refused to get to worked up over pre-season results. What mattters is delivering this league and getting back to the top - we have a squad we all seem to think is capable of winning it - I also happen to think we have the manager and coaches to win it. So I defend them and would not advocate change.

Could the squad be better - of course - but (again IMHO) it is better than last season - and also its NOT the end of the transfer window yet so no need to become a panic merchant over getting beat by a decent team in a preseason friendly.

We all aspire for better - but it is very easy to belittle the achievements of winning the bottom two leagues - I make allowances for the shite we have had to go through, the lack of transfer windows in the early days, the need to rebuild a squad, the dealing with fans expectations.

I also look at last seasons squad and performances and I see that the squad and performances improved from the season before, I look at the squad we already have for this season and (IMHO) the squad is much improved on last season - so I look forward with some anticipation to the season ahead. (Note my anticipation is of better things and more improvement and not anticipation in dread!). I also refused to get to worked up over pre-season results. What mattters is delivering this league and getting back to the top - we have a squad we all seem to think is capable of winning it - I also happen to think we have the manager and coaches to win it. So I defend them and would not advocate change.

Could the squad be better - of course - but (again IMHO) it is better than last season - and also its NOT the end of the transfer window yet so no need to become a panic merchant over getting beat by a decent team in a preseason friendly.

I actually agree with most of what you have said. The squad has improved year on year undoubtedly, and with the exception of one or two (McCulloch) I believe they are all good players. I think we are the most likely to win the League and certainly hope we do. But I think our coaching staff are rotten and individuals have not performed as well as they should have over the last few years, which shows up the most in the one-offs i.e. cups. I genuinely don't think McCoist would get a top job anywhere else, and hence he should not be where he is.

I'm sorry, but we have the resources to completely blow opposition out of the water while entertaining the fans. Rangers mean far more to us than providing good entertainment - of course they do, but if this continues we will lose fans.

It's ok trying to defend the manager by stating he's won leagues - fair enough, the sad fact is we could be winning leagues AND providing good entertainment. Some games this is impossible to acheive due to how the opposition set up of course, but not every team park the bus.

The acceptance of mediocraty should never be in the mind of any Rangers fan or employee, it is not what the club has been traditionally build upon. Guys like Bluepeter9 may think they're being super fans, however what they're doing is actually quite damaging. I love Ally, and his management ability will do nothing to spoil his legend in my eyes, however, for the good of the club he has to admit he's not providing all he has to.

Yes there is the assumption that playing 'good' football also means you will win, but the key thing is to win.

I remember during Walters first stint there were many a season when 'they' were playing 'better' football than us - yet we kept beating them, winning trophies and I bet they would have swapped style for the winning mentality! On the same note when Keegan managed his teams were all out attack but won nothing - and yet Jose Murhino puts out teams that are hard to be and wins trophies, often 'settling' for a narrow win.

Mourinho's 'grind it out' style is hardly comparable - he's been up against the likes of Barca, Man City, Man Utd and Juventus who all have similar (if not better) resources / facilities. We've been up against two divisions worth of part-time footballers who wages combined wouldn't cover Ally's. There is absolutely no justifiable reason why our football couldn't be more attacking and attractive to watch.