Another record held by the rangers

The Celtic supporting guy does have point, they should only include games at your home ground and domestic league but the likes of Arsenal are at Wembley and playing in the FA cup and so called massive Man Utds record attendance isnt even at their own ground.....it's at their city rivals, I already knew those figures anyway when checking out attendance records some years ago.

Celtic unfortunately hold the brittish record for a game and that stands at 147000 odd for a Scottish Cup game at Hampden versus Aberdeen.

If I remember correctly the highest attendance for OF game is 143000 also at Hampden. 

If you also look at the attendance records of Scottish clubs you will find most clubs have their record attendance against the mighty Rangers.........our name is their by more than double to the nearest team who I think is Aberdeen although I can't really remember, just know we are their loads of times.

1 minute ago, Camshy said:

The Celtic supporting guy does have point, they should only include games at your home ground and domestic league but the likes of Arsenal are at Wembley and playing in the FA cup and so called massive Man Utds record attendance isnt even at their own ground.....it's at their city rivals, I already knew those figures anyway when checking out attendance records some years ago.

Celtic unfortunately hold the brittish record for a game and that stands at 147000 odd for a Scottish Cup game at Hampden versus Aberdeen.

If I remember correctly the highest attendance for OF game is 143000 also at Hampden. 

If you also look at the attendance records of Scottish clubs you will find most clubs have their record attendance against the mighty Rangers.........our name is their by more than double to the nearest team who I think is Aberdeen although I can't really remember, just know we are their loads of times.

So them and Aberdeen hold the record

3 hours ago, John Greig's Sideburns said:

Involved in 9/12 in Scotland lol

image.png

Having been in every ground listed there before all seating came in, the thought of some of those crowds in those grounds is frightening.

In particular 52,000 people in Shawfield just doesn't bear thinking about.

3 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

They really are a shower of chip on the shoulder bunch of rancid cunts. :uk: 

They might have had more entries on the list if they'd declared their attendances correctly, instead of understating them to keep their tax bill down....(allegedly!)

6 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

So them and Aberdeen hold the record

Exactly. What is it that's so hard for them to understand that cup games at a neutral venue aren't your own to boast about.

7 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Take a guess who has the only comment on the article.....Martin O'Donnell, complaining that Celtic weren't on the list when using Hampden but arsenal are when using Wembley. :lol:

They're a bunch of rancid, spiteful, petty fuckers! The Tim playbook must go: 1) go on website, 2) find something that has nothing to do with your team, 3) get offended, and 4) spend way too much time moaning about it and justify your "always cheated, never defeated" motto.

They're actually one of the most pathetic group of people ever to have a common interest. The day you club together to put an advert in the paper about a team you say doesn't exist is the day you should put yourself out of your misery. Instead paying money to put advert in a Swiss newspaper these cretins should've bought a one way ticket to Dignitas centre instead.

10 hours ago, Camshy said:

Maine Road was Uniteds home ground at that point (1945-1949) as Old Trafford was being rebuilt after bomb damage sustained during the war. Not really the same scenario as Arsenal using Wembley or them using Hampdump out of convenience. 

19 hours ago, Camshy said:

Celtic unfortunately hold the brittish record for a game and that stands at 147000 odd for a Scottish Cup game at Hampden versus Aberdeen

No they don't.  Hampden holds that record as it's not a home game on their ground but a neutral venue.  Why do you say Celtic and not Aberdeen?

Edit: BTW...that's a European record. Pedantic loyal.

15 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Having been in every ground listed there before all seating came in, the thought of some of those crowds in those grounds is frightening.

In particular 52,000 people in Shawfield just doesn't bear thinking about.

I was just thinking the same thing about Firhill

8 minutes ago, roboscot said:

I was just thinking the same thing about Firhill

Fair point, I almost used 50,000 inside Firhill as my example. 

As its a football issue there was no mention of Murrayfield, but if I remember correctly there was a crowd of 108,000 there for a Scotland v Wales rugby game in the 70s. Anytime I passed the old Murrayfield on the train I was struck by how small it looked compared to Ibrox, Hampden and even the Piggery. A six figure crowd in that place must have been well over even the 1970s safety guidelines.