It starts with a shambolic board

thehost

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

We can sit and debate the monetary value spent, however, his use of the money this year has been absolutely shocking. 

I quite like garner and think he will do well but he really wasn't a priority.

The manager had over 1.5 million to spend and he went with another attacking player. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rfc52 said:

The manager had over 1.5 million to spend and he went with another attacking player. 

He had no interest in signing a first choice CB when he needed that far more than we did Garner. It was clear all summer it wasn't part of his plan.

The days of spending mega money in Scottish football are gone unless sheikh mohammed moneybags buys a team in this country.

Look at the peados how much did they spend even with CL football etc.

What we need is a manager that can sign players from the lower leagues and other teams in Scotland and coach them into being better. While MW can spot a player down the leagues his coaching is suspect to say the least.

If a manager can't do basic things like teach a player to head a football what point is giving that guy £20m to waste on players?

It's not just all about the money, or lack of it.

MW has to begin showing some flexibitity as he keeps telling us him, the management team and the players analyse fuck out of everything, but nothing ever changes and in case no one has noticed, he also says that he's not for changing.

There's your problem right there, a manager with no imagination.

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

His failure to address the centre half issue will ultimately see his time here as a failure. 

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It is not about using our players ffs. It is the results. In the real world, it's called root cause analysis and he is actually bang on the money with much of it and lack of investment THE big ticket issue. All points on the compass and all that!

The finger should be pointed directly at King not just to do with todays performance but our overall performances this season.

This is what king said last season before we kicked a ball in the championship last year and i quote

" The team we build this year to win the championship has to also be the team that challenges Celtc in the Premier league,We can't afford to build two teams "

What King has said is the exact opposite to what he stated,King has made a rod for his own back with a lot of stuff he has said,Most of which was mealy mouthed words to appease the support and nothing else.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Btw thought Hill and Wilson weren't too bad today

On a sidenote I agree. Not sure if that was just due to the lack of pressure. 

But they didn't fuck up and Hill won a lot in the air. Which is 100% more than any of our other CB pairings this Season.

27 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Funny that, it was all allys fault the last time :rolleyes:

Ally got more than his fair share of investment to the point of avarice. Far in excess what was needed and in more ways than one!

By comparison MW has be given an absolute pittance to mount a challenge to the scum. Fucking laughable if it wasn't so serious.

19 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

We can sit and debate the monetary value spent, however, his use of the money this year has been absolutely shocking. 

Absolutely.

today one of our highest earners was suspended by the club and the other was a 70th minute substitute...

There's no way you can spin that to be a King/Board problem.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Abdolutely.

today one of our highest earners was suspended by the club and the other was a 70th minute substitute...

There's no way you can spin that to be a King/Board problem.

Really?

The fan boys were quick to demand that King be given credit for hiring him. Can't have it both ways I'm afraid.

I agree with the Op.

I vote we reinstate Green & Co including Easdales or what about going back to Llambias instead, the titular head of an Ashley controlled board.

After all, they were working out so well for us (!!)

I understand everyone's emotions running high but to call the board shambolic is over the top. 

Right now it's not good enough. The standard of player is not good enough. ( I said this a few weeks ago in here and got pelters) we need significant investment and good scouting to get the players we need to challenge. Starting with two centre halfs. 

So although not shambolic imho they will have to seriously up their game, starting with living up to their promises 

15 minutes ago, In walter we trust said:

I guess until the civil court case is heard , we won't hear about our financial strategy , by God we need one 

There is always a financial strategy, whether in court or not and the court case is just a deflection to buy time and an excuse for failure. He will gain fuck all from the court case, except another court case if he is foolish enough to, but it's only OUR money after he is wasting after all.

King is a wide a wide boy, but not wide enough, with a financial track record that would give the Vatican a run for it's money in malfeasance. 

You will not win this league with a transfer budget of around 2mill and a wage budget paying over the hill players too much money. 

Also before the usual muppets start screaming the last board this and that, they funded the gardener with more than enough money to win those leagues and he fucked up the last one. 

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Dave King's lack of investment stopped Joe Garner scoring?

OR was it Dave King's lack of investment tat cleared that shot off the line?

You're not doing big picture are you?

We are not getting the required level of investment needed to secure the quality of player to compete in this league and to put the ball in the back of the net consistently enough.

Quality does actually count and if you believe we have the quality in this team to challenge for anything this season, you are deluded.