Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

Been back and forth so many times on this about whether or not any form of punishment will come their way.

I am now 99% certain that this will all blow over with minimal, if any impact on them financially or otherwise.

It is just too obvious that people high up in positions of influence are doing their utmost to keep this from blowing up in their faces.

Even the few who have put their heads above the parapet have gone quiet on it.

This will still be the worlds biggest unpunished "open secret" for decades to come, but will sadly for the victims remain just that imo.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More of the same from their brothers across the water ...

IRA rape victim calls for an inquiry into claim Sinn Fein tried to cover up abuse

2019-05-20_new_50487745_I1.JPG

Rape victim Paudie McGahon

By Paul Williams

May 20 2019

The victims of a Belfast IRA man who raped them as children have urged a full investigation into claims that members of Sinn Fein and the IRA tried to prevent the crimes being reported to gardai.

Paudie McGahon (44) said he has decided to waive his anonymity to speak out.  This month, alleged IRA man Seamus Marley was jailed for seven years for raping two teenage boys at a "republican safe house" two decades ago.

Read More

‘I wanted world to know that Mairia Cahill wasn’t the only one to suffer’

Mr McGahon was one of the boys and told of how an IRA kangaroo court was convened in 2002 after the men first brought their abuse allegations to the attention of Louth Sinn Fein councillor Pearce McGeough.

Mr McGeough has denied involvement in the kangaroo court.

The second victim, who wishes to remain anonymous, has authorised Mr McGahon to speak publicly.

Marley (45) is a member of a prominent Belfast republican family.

A jury in Dublin's Central Criminal Court found him guilty on eight counts of sexually assaulting and raping Mr McGahon and the second man when they were boys.

The men claim that the kangaroo court was organised by Mr McGeough, a close family friend of Mr McGahon's father, and chaired by a prominent Belfast republican Padraig Wilson.

At a subsequent "hearing" the men allege that Wilson informed them that their allegations had been proven correct and offered them three alternative punishments for Marley: have him shot by the IRA; they could beat him up or, he could be exiled.

Mr McGahon said they opted for the least violent option.

"We didn't know any better at the time, we had been reared in the republican culture and there was a climate of intimidation so going to the police was just not on because you knew what could happen to you," Mr McGahon said last night.

"It was only years later we began to realise what was really going on. Sinn Fein and the IRA were keeping us quiet."

However last week the victims discovered that Marley was never exiled by the IRA and for two years after the "investigation", Marley had been working with children in Dublin.

"When we discovered that Marley had not even been exiled at the time and that he was left working with children after all that, we were sick and it just convinced us even further that we are determined this conspiracy to silence us and pervert the course of justice is fully investigated," Mr McGahon said.

When the two men made an official complaint to gardai in 2014 detectives launched two separate investigations, one focusing on the rape allegations, which were given priority, and the other on an attempt to pervert the course of justice.

It is understood the second investigation file is still open.

During Marley's trial, Mr McGeough was referred to on a number of occasions by witnesses as the person who brought the terrorist to Mr McGahon's home in the early 1990's.

In his victim impact statement, which he read out to the court after Marley's conviction, the second man described how he had called Mr McGeough to ask for help, but that after the call he knew he was on his own.

Mr McGeough has denied that he was involved in the kangaroo court and has said that he had advised Mr McGahon and the second victim to go to the gardai.

Padraig Wilson has also denied the allegations.

Previously he said he had never met Mr McGahon and described the allegations against him as "completely baseless and untrue".

Belfast Telegraph

5 hours ago, TheCutch said:

Been back and forth so many times on this about whether or not any form of punishment will come their way.

I am now 99% certain that this will all blow over with minimal, if any impact on them financially or otherwise.

It is just too obvious that people high up in positions of influence are doing their utmost to keep this from blowing up in their faces.

This will still be the worlds biggest unpunished "open secret" for decades to come, but will sadly for the victims remain just that imo.

To be honest . Our kind just don't cover themselves in glory in all this

As with the BJK thread on here to much lesser degree . Our kind show the most nauseating apathy to anything remotely concerned with our enemies .

We have much more fun calling out our own or tearing our own kind apart . . It's cancerous IMHO.  I almost hate them as much as our enemies

And that is how these utterly venomous scumbags, now rule this City with corruption and nepotism from HMRC buildings to the Government to the Courts to the Councils  to the double standards at the gestapo . And just about any other Non private authority in this Country .

I have now accepted that our kind will never change .

And this is why they can get away with whatever they like , when ever they want

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

To be honest . Our kind just don't cover themselves in glory in all this

As with the BJK thread on here to much lesser degree . Our kind show the most nauseating apathy to anything remotely concerned with our enemies .

We have much more fun calling out our own or tearing our own kind apart . . It's cancerous IMHO.  I almost hate them as much as our enemies

And that is how these utterly venomous scumbags, now rule this City with corruption and nepotism from HMRC buildings to the Government to the Courts to the Councils  to the double standards at the gestapo . And just about any other Non private authority in this Country .

I have now accepted that our kind will never change .

And this is why they can get away with whatever they like , when ever they want

Not only these shores are riddled with influence. 

Remember the land deals case that went to the EU commission. Well afterwards I'm pretty sure PZJ found out the commission was full of ROI officers who would have been very easily influenced by Fritzel. 

And to think they bead rattling cunts have gret and moaned for years about masonic influence. Well in the 21ST century its RC influence all day and all night 

27 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Not only these shores are riddled with influence. 

Remember the land deals case that went to the EU commission. Well afterwards I'm pretty sure PZJ found out the commission was full of ROI officers who would have been very easily influenced by Fritzel. 

And to think they bead rattling cunts have gret and moaned for years about masonic influence. Well in the 21ST century its RC influence all day and all night 

For me its all been a ploy mate 

The rank and file fans are fed all this shite to give the impression of masonic supression. It fits the agenda and in some way used as a decoy and keeps it from being obvious. 

Yet we still have cunts on here calling other bears para. Shoot the lot of them tbh. Apologetic.,appeasing bastards  and some just arent very bright 

13 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

For me its all been a ploy mate 

The rank and file fans are fed all this shite to give the impression of masonic supression. It fits the agenda and in some way used as a decoy and keeps it from being obvious. 

Yet we still have cunts on here calling other bears para. Shoot the lot of them tbh. Apologetic.,appeasing bastards  and some just arent very bright 

Its typical of tarriers behaviour. If they are up to something they shout louder about something against them or perceived to be against them to deflect from their misdemeanours. 

The anti Catholic card gets played with freewill. I was even accused of being anti Catholic for saying Jesus could be be Caucasian by a Taig. Ffs 

14 hours ago, TheCutch said:

Have every second week a banner stating "Where is the child abuse investigation from the goverment?". Should get on the cameras and annoy people enough.

4 hours ago, Malvern said:

Have every second week a banner stating "Where is the child abuse investigation from the goverment?". Should get on the cameras and annoy people enough.

Said before, it needs to be punchier.

”THEY ALL KNEW” has to be as ubiquitous as NO SURRENDER.

Eventually someone from outside this shitehole of a country will ask why they keep seeing this and what’s it about.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Said before, it needs to be punchier.

”THEY ALL KNEW” has to be as ubiquitous as NO SURRENDER.

Eventually someone from outside this shitehole of a country will ask why they keep seeing this and what’s it about.

Think the only way that the full extent of the wrongdoing will become apparent is when ‘a’ Scottish government have the will to pursue the truth and make things happen. Sadly the incumbent scandal of a party are actively focusing on avoiding the subject in their hope of clinging on to power with the backing of a section of the community  in denial...

8 hours ago, Malvern said:

Americans are happy enough to call it out as it is 

Surprised if this guy doesn't have some sort of lawsuit on his hands :lol:

Wouldn't it be great if we had some brave people in this Country willing to talk about the bheasts like this . It would have to be many though.

One or two would be committing career suicide  or actually taking their own lives in their own hands

On 10/07/2019 at 08:06, eejay the dj said:

Wouldn't it be great if we had some brave people in this Country willing to talk about the bheasts like this . It would have to be many though.

Was in the gym last night and noticed what looked to be an article on one of the background TV’s (BBC News Scotland) obviously about Mo Johnston signing for Rangers, first Catholic nonsense. There was no sound but I could sense the negative narrative towards the club as there was historical footage of unhappy fans being interviewed in a pub which I have seen before. Don’t know why but this genuinely irked me that 30 yrs down the line they dredge up this nonsense (only one support in Scotland  got an issue with this) whereas if they want to report on far more serious historical issues they need only look to the East end. Got thinking about that PR company working for a Lawell who claims it has vast influence and wouldn’t be surprised if this was perhaps instigated by them to again turn s negative spotlight on Rangers and take attention from them.

Until this point I really wanted Rangers to steer clear of the child abuse scandal but after thinking about all of the public statements, interviews and general noise celtic have aimed at us following our troubles I would like King to make a statement asking ‘for the good of the game’ and ‘its reputation’ for a full independent enquiry to be made in to the allegations (preferably the day before the season kicks off for maximum impact). This would cause so much publicity (furore)  it would force inept radio stations (RC) and MSM in to discuss this, hopefully cause enough waves to finally be discussed in parliament. It’s not like celtic would threaten libel legal action, which would only air this scandal even more.

Bit of a rant I know and don’t think it would happen but starting to think it may be one of the only ways to seek accountability for their actions and ongoing cover up...

38 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Was in the gym last night and noticed what looked to be an article on one of the background TV’s (BBC News Scotland) obviously about Mo Johnston signing for Rangers, first Catholic nonsense. There was no sound but I could sense the negative narrative towards the club as there was historical footage of unhappy fans being interviewed in a pub which I have seen before. Don’t know why but this genuinely irked me that 30 yrs down the line they dredge up this nonsense (only one support in Scotland  got an issue with this) whereas if they want to report on far more serious historical issues they need only look to the East end. Got thinking about that PR company working for a Lawell who claims it has vast influence and wouldn’t be surprised if this was perhaps instigated by them to again turn s negative spotlight on Rangers and take attention from them.

Until this point I really wanted Rangers to steer clear of the child abuse scandal but after thinking about all of the public statements, interviews and general noise celtic have aimed at us following our troubles I would like King to make a statement asking ‘for the good of the game’ and ‘its reputation’ for a full independent enquiry to be made in to the allegations (preferably the day before the season kicks off for maximum impact). This would cause so much publicity (furore)  it would force inept radio stations (RC) and MSM in to discuss this, hopefully cause enough waves to finally be discussed in parliament. It’s not like celtic would threaten libel legal action, which would only air this scandal even more.

Bit of a rant I know and don’t think it would happen but starting to think it may be one of the only ways to seek accountability for their actions and ongoing cover up...

Its was many of us think mate

We have self serving board that don't care about the lives of the rank and file bears. Who had to put up with this bheastly club trying to destroy us. 

I'm 100%of the  opinion, when King got control of our club. His silence was signed off  as part of the easy ride to the hotseat 

Nothing will ever make me think different 

35 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Your 100pc correct. It's only them that have an issue with us signing catholics. 

Even when Paul Le Guen took over the only folk who ever mentioned his religion were taigs 

These days we have Catholics signing constantly without comment from the vast vast majority of fans. 

What we would have acception to signing for us is a dirty fenian bastard though. Catholics and Fenians are 2 very separate things. 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Its was many of us think mate

We have self serving board that don't care about the lives of the rank and file bears. Who had to put up with this bheastly club trying to destroy us. 

I'm 100%of the  opinion, when King got control of our club. His silence was signed off  as part of the easy ride to the hotseat 

Nothing will ever make me think different 

Can only hope he looks at the big picture and takes the initiative at some point as you can 100% guarantee if this were the other way round Lawell et all of the usual suspects would be on the front foot against us.

It’s actually surreal and scandalous how calling for justice and accountability has been crafted in to ‘point scoring’. This was compounded yesterday also by Hamza Yousaf Sitting down to speak with female rape victims on camera but he is unwilling even to comment on the organised abuse and rape of children because of who it implicates. Disgusted at the way this thing is unfolding...

John@TheWestEnclosure@watt_john

Replying to @BOSkelper @RedBrickz26

Release of SFA report will not be end of August as promised but next year,2 more historic abuse in football cases still to be heard.celtic victims been told get ready to go to court very soon,which contradicts my original thoughts that they would settle.

1 hour ago, Jonok said:

John@TheWestEnclosure@watt_john

Replying to @BOSkelper @RedBrickz26

Release of SFA report will not be end of August as promised but next year,2 more historic abuse in football cases still to be heard.celtic victims been told get ready to go to court very soon,which contradicts my original thoughts that they would settle.

Thanks for that update not been on twitter today so far. 

Did you see a few days ago that Helene and Michelle have both been on hospital with different problems but related to the stress they are under. Terrible what these two women are being put through. 

10 minutes ago, dee9 said:

The more this goes on the more I think fuck all will come of it. 

Sickening 

We all go through times of thinking the same mate, but we have to keep highlighting it and keep hoping the victims and families will get some justice in time. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

We all go through times of thinking the same mate, but we have to keep highlighting it and keep hoping the victims and families will get some justice in time. 

Agreed mate 

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Thanks for that update not been on twitter today so far. 

Did you see a few days ago that Helene and Michelle have both been on hospital with different problems but related to the stress they are under. Terrible what these two women are being put through. 

Its a disgrace how they are being treated by the SNP govt they are just being blanked altogether when they should be given assurances that there will be a full independent inquiry on completion

of investigations. I have seen with my own eyes the effect that stress can have on peoples health the SNP better watch out or they could end up with blood on their hands.

If the victims keep pushing sellik are between a rock and a hard place. 

Make payoffs without admitting liability (as good as admitting their guilt in everyone's eyes) or fight it on basis of 'separate entity' (everyone thinks they are trying to get out of it on a technicality). 

Not great pr either way. 

Archived