Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

theres a point scoring discussion on the other thread! :lol:

and I tend to follow @Bears reasoning here:

It's nothing to do with points scoring. If there was even a hint of this happening within our club, I and all decent Bears would demand a full investigation and a full, appropriate and transparent punishment of all offenders.

If anyone does not agree with this regarding their own club, why not?

And so would I. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

There may be some people kicking about a 'tragedy football' so to speak, and there may be some throwing misdirected abuse towards victims like Alan Brazil, but that doesn't dismiss genuine response from the rest of us. There will be some idiots along the way like there is with every other serious social issue.

This is about justice. Kids have been raped and molested. There are strong reasons to suggest that there has been a massive cover up(s) to protect the reputation of implicated institutions/organisations. Sports institutions/organisations are no different than the big players in every other industry. It is exactly what happened at the BBC, and it takes a dangerous naivety to believe that the same can't have happened in football.

There are several posts in this thread and elsewhere of people saying they would consider stop supporting the club if it was ever implicated in the cover up of child abuse. It's a stranger obsession to allow those who kick the 'tragedy football' to eclipse the sincere concerns over what would be a scandal of epic proportions in Scottish society.

Correct. I only put it out there that we need to refrain from the usual shite about "nappy rippers" and what not. I know the majority of bears are decent. It's not aimed at them. 

5 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I'm not saying it's 100% mate. It just seems the case as their name always escapes mention. "A group of football fans in green hit a 10 year old with a bottle" etc

Na I get that, it wasn't a personal doubt of you. I'm well aware of the quite obvious bias that many Scottish media outlets show when it comes to everything green and white.

I think that type of reporting tells you more about the journalists themselves than some stupendous power of Peter Lawwell. 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Correct. I only put it out there that we need to refrain from the usual shite about "nappy rippers" and what not. I know the majority of bears are decent. It's not aimed at them. 

Yeah, there's some vulgar stuff said online here around this topic, as there is everywhere. People don't understand that it does more damage to the process of getting people to listen than anything else. The humiliation attempts of Brazil for being victim to that monster Torbett are abhorrent.

I digress. Whether child victims are wearing blue, green, red, yellow, orange or purple, they deserve justice, and those who withheld that justice from them deserve punishment.

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I don't find it at all difficult to talk about. I would just like some of our fans to stop using child sexual abuse as some sort of "point scoring " over other clubs. 

What if we are implicated? 

Its the fucking strangest obsession some of our fans have. 

Obsession, don't think so - obsession is ill phil, or the men that sold the jersey - the time & detail a tim goes to, to publish a book aka the biggest crime in the world, and yet the actual victims were the club and supporters.

Wanting justice is not an obsession - it is a minimum a decent society can demand - whether is just so happens to be a bunch of oirish immigrants of over 7 generations is insignificant - they live amongst, they know of it, it should have been reported - yet it is still under their carpet.

There's a very good reason that celtic park have carpets - and we have marble.

ANY club could find themselves involved in historical child abuse claims due to the acts of one peadofile. Not many will have THREE proven abusers and not many will re employ one of them years after the abuse. Jim Torbett ,Frank Cairney and John Cullen are the three known abusers but with the way it was covered up there may be more abusers and sadly far more abused. The fact that the tims see this as point scoring tells you that lessons haven't been learned from their fiasco's because they prefer to ignore the events and put the clubs reputation ahead of the victims and more importantly the victims who could have been spared had they dealt with it correctly first time around. One thing for sure is that the tims must have the MOST checks in place to prevent this ever happening again because with their past transgressions one more event would be unforgivable, even by their standards. We can only hope their checks are more effective than the Catholic Church because even the rich tims couldn't afford anything like the amount of money they pay out every year in compensation for their priests abuse.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

What actually happens to a club if they're found to have covered up this kind of thing?

perhaps they should be stripped of all their titles from date of cover up to present day as surely any decent footballer would not have wanted to be associated to a club with such a tarnished reputation if the rumours are true, saying this tongue in cheek really, but then again'sporting integrity in aw rat lol'

6 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

ANY club could find themselves involved in historical child abuse claims due to the acts of one peadofile. Not many will have THREE proven abusers and not many will re employ one of them years after the abuse. Jim Torbett ,Frank Cairney and John Cullen are the three known abusers but with the way it was covered up there may be more abusers and sadly far more abused. The fact that the tims see this as point scoring tells you that lessons haven't been learned from their fiasco's because they prefer to ignore the events and put the clubs reputation ahead of the victims and more importantly the victims who could have been spared had they dealt with it correctly first time around. One thing for sure is that the tims must have the MOST checks in place to prevent this ever happening again because with their past transgressions one more event would be unforgivable, even by their standards. 

What is the solution - obviously after fining the timmigrant club £100m or so and banning them for 5 years - but the actual solution is their apartheid religion - it is humanly unnatural/abnormal to go thru life as their nuns/pweists are claimed to do.

But further than that - never forget their Spanish version, where for centuries their papish hospitals sold babies, yet telt the mothers their children where stillborn.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

What actually happens to a club if they're found to have covered up this kind of thing?

Any football club in the United Kingdom that has harboured a paedophile, covered up acts of abuse or in any way sought to defeat the ends of justice in my opinion must be hit with the harshist of punishments. they should have their playing licence stripped for a period of 5 years, crippling fines and all honours and achievements stripped and deleted from the history books from now going back to when the abuse started.  This in my opinion what should happen. 

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

They should be demoted to the bottom tier, no tv money or any other shared revenue with other clubs i.e. Tv deal for 10 years , forced to play a full season behind closed doors and. Kicked out the cups for 5 years and possibly even hepave their licence revoked and kicked out of football 

If this is the case then the club are quite rightly severely fucked 

Their club will never be fucked, even in the slightest, no matter what comes out. They have the right people in the right places and no matter what happens, it will get covered up again. No matter how blatant it is, it will happen and that will be the end of it.

It's a big story in English football, but a non story in this shite hole.

3 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Their club will never be fucked, even in the slightest, no matter what comes out. They have the right people in the right places and no matter what happens, it will get covered up again. No matter how blatant it is, it will happen and that will be the end of it.

There's a way to rectify that - 50,000 complaints and it will be raised in the HoP - 1 home game - and their sweeping debacle is raised by the British House Speaker.

4 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

They can't cover it this time and they know it.

They're toast.

Archived