Fixture Congestion????

Just seen Mourinho raging at having to play 4 games over the next 11 days.

Everytime i hear this i think of our UEFA Cup Final run and 2 stats come hurtling out 

19th March to the 24th May we played 20 games - all high octane, crucial league fixtures, scottish and uefa cup ties.

And in the last 14 days of the season we played 6 matches - a uefa cup final, sc final and league deciding matches. When you really think about it it really was an incredible achievement - with little or no help from football authorities and 2 certain teams. 

Also it was the result of late goals in various matches in that period that stopped us from sweeping the boards - that was no coincidence. 

You certainly see the difference in the way the Scottish authorities deal with the fixtures compared to the way they do in other countries. They postpone fixtures,move things around to accommodate European runs etc as it benefits the country and the coefficient. They do nothing like that up here and it baffles me

Given how rare it is for a scottish team to get so far in Europe you think we could of got the smallest bit of help. It might not have changed the result as Zenit were a better team but it would have at least given us a better chance.

I think we would have won the league though you could argue the players were exhausted equally mentally and physically after Manchester, would have been hard to pick themselves up after a european final defeat.

Firstly, tge way we were treated was a disgrace, we did however not help ourselves; asking for a game against Gretna to be postponed before lyon at home. Look how that one match turned out. Sir Walter refusing to rest players leaving the same 13 or 14 players out on their feet by the end. Needless cup replays brought on by taking opponents too lightly.

Yes we were fucked over by bogus tour of Japan, faux grief leading to cancellation of an OF game, etc.  The football authorities should be ashamed of themselves but sir Walter wasn't snowy white in this either.

Yeah but there was a trip to Japan lined up for others so that's just how it had to be.

Off at a tangent but incredible how the death of an ex bit part player in Phil O Donnel cause the grief and postponement of a game that the death of the late Tommy Burns or even a legend in a Lisbon Lion (who regularly attended club events in recent years) just this month did not.

Aye, some strange old times.

Edit: I fully accept the circumstances of PoD death were tragic.

However.

Sportingintegritymyarse.

49 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Should've seen what was to come when they really had a chance to stick the knife in, shower of cunts the lot of them. 

Absolutely Cb. They saw their chance to stick the knife in and twist it.